PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh...Merged ... Steelers /Tomlin Drama

What I mean is they have the type of D that could most certainly shut Brady down.

Nothing about this D says they could shut Brady downd. The Defense is uniquely suited to stop the big gain, and power runs. Brady will paper cut them to death and by the 4th Quarter the defense will be too tired to do anything at all about it.

Nothing about this D says they could shut Brady downd. The Defense is uniquely suited to stop the big gain, and power runs. Brady will paper cut them to death and by the 4th Quarter the defense will be too tired to do anything at all about it.

Ok, let's break down that a bit.

Which WR is going to be able to get open?

Pittsburgh needs a new HC. They have underperformed their talent level in the playoffs. If I was the owner/GM I would draft a QB high as a possible Ben replacement in the year following and would've given Patricia or McDaniels an offer as a HC. It would be a great situation for a coach to be in. Or

More balanced. Better front 7. Strong secondary.

Adjudicated. Like you said this is an old thread.

Brady is not going to be going to the wide receivers in this game as that is their strength. A better question would be which player on the Jaguars is going to be able to matchup with Gronkowski

Brady is not going to be going to the wide receivers in this game as that is their strength. A better question would be which player on the Jaguars is going to be able to matchup with Gronkowski

Totally ignored my point and I'm not sure what your point is. they have two good corners....ok I know that.

if their top two cornerbacks are guarding Cooks/Hogan...then brady is going to look for the matchup which is the Tight ends(which they are poor at defending) and the running backs and get the ball out quick. Not sure what is controversial about that.

WR/TE/RB not sure why it matters to you who gets open. But Gronk/burkhead/lewis/white will get open..

Totally ignored my point

No, you jumped into a discussion, while ignoring it at the same time. This is the post I was responding to:

So, in order to look at that post, we need to start breaking things down, which is what I suggested we do. And, I began with a simple question.

23356452-large.jpg

Hogan, Gronk, Amendola, and I'm sure they will be able to scheme some screens, sweeps, etc for Cooks.

That also doesn't account for White, Lewis, and Burkhead

Hogan, Gronk, Amendola, and I'm sure they will be able to scheme some screens, sweeps, etc for Cooks.

Gronk's not a WR, and just who do you have covering those WRs? Is it you and I, or something? Is the Jacksonville secondary going to be on strike?

Last edited:
Gronk's not a WR, and just who do you have covering those WRs? Is it you and I, or something? Is the Jacksonville secondary going to be on strike?

Sigh, all of those WR either run screens well, or are good in the middle of the field and Gronk is often lined up as a WR. But I know you live and die on technicalities...so...Yes he's a tight end

It's stupid to focus on that one single question and ignore all the Patriots' other weapons.

I don't know Jacksonville's gameplan. None of us do. If they focus on WR's, then WR's will have a hard time getting open - and Gronkowski will catch passes down the seam all day long. If they focus on Gronk and the RB's out of the backfield, then Cooks, Hogan and Amendola will each have plenty of plays where they are open.

Personally, I don't give a sh*t if no Patriot WR catches a single pass so long as the offense still moves and scores. Nor do I care if Gronkowski gets shut out, so long as the offense moves and scores.

Jacksonville's defense is good, but not historically so.

Since their strength is in their CB. It would make sense to match up our RB on their LB. Getting Burkhead back is huge

So after reading the last page of this thread its an instant loss for the Pats on Sunday. Thanks for telling me so i dont have to watch the game.

No one said they were, but I'm glad you're focused on the important things

I'm sorry that you can't get past "PATS = EVERYTHING!!!!!!", in order to do a simple breakdown. Perhaps another time, you'll be more ready to try.

Since their strength is in their CB. It would make sense to match up our RB on their LB. Getting Burkhead back is huge

Miles Jack is probably the one who'll be defending against the RB pass, and he's an athletic cover kind of LB.

Steelers still made plays on their corners. It's a matter of getting open and running good routes.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back