PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFF says Pats should blow it up and tank in 2021

Spencer Rattler was one of the High School QBs featured on Netflix's QB1. From memory he was very mobile, decent arm but not very tall. Perhaps Russell Wilson size.
He’s going to be good. He shredded Florida when we played them. Then again, everyone shredded our D last year.

Spencer Rattler was one of the High School QBs featured on Netflix's QB1. From memory he was very mobile, decent arm but not very tall. Perhaps Russell Wilson size.
He’s taller than Wilson. He’s the same height as hurts.

Good heavens.

Bill is not going to tank or rebuild with the future in mind, Bill is close to 70, he wants to win now and with potentially 60-70 mill in cap space and a relatively early round pick, our team should be much improved next year.

Ian will need to add a bigger server farm to support this board if pats tank . As it is we have BB criticism megathreads. imagine what happens if they tank next yr ?

Nah don't tank. Just keep McDaniels away during FA evals and draft war room meetings. Have to draft well and sign well. No bust signings. Vet every single player
Please continue to point out the facts of McDaniels' incompetence. I don't like to think how disgusted I will be this fall if Harris/Michel continue to get 10 carries a game while the quarterback spends all day looking at 3rd and 16 like Mayfield and Allen did in the playoffs against the Chiefs, and we therefore miss the postseason again.

Insufferable are your posts. We get it you don't like Josh. Get over it. Repeating the same drivel over and over and over....again does nothing.
Insufferable is having Michel or Harris get ten carries a game guaranteeing we lose.

and he is a giant douchebag

Every team who thinks that they are out of contention for the super bowl should focus on losing games and optimizing draft position. By week 7 we could have two thirds of the league trying to lose every game they play. Teams like the Lions or Jags could probably start in September or even pre-season.

I can guarantee this is not going to happen. If there was a year to tank it was 2020. A QB who couldn't throw, record high opt outs, covid season. Put in perspective. Cam newton threw 8tds in 15 games. Tom brady threw 10 in the playoffs alone.

And Patriots somehow went 7-9. Now most of those guys are coming back and bill has $60million to spend plus draft picks that may or may not be impact players. That's alot of infusion of talent. It's going to be hard to tank

Bill is not going to tank or rebuild with the future in mind, Bill is close to 70, he wants to win now and with potentially 60-70 mill in cap space and a relatively early round pick, our team should be much improved next year.

Ashley

With patsfans in turmoil and needing to heal, you should be the ultimate arbitrator of disputes until Ian pays Andy Johnson what is agent is demanding and he returns to the team

and also, we ain't tanking. That's so February 2001.

High standards indeed. As far as results, 1973 will be tough to top.

But you could argue 2000: Hired Belichick who then drafted Brady.
I’m talking about the amount of resources available.
You could debate years with multiple #1s or the first overall or the potential to improve upon 1-15 seasons but what I really meant is we have a greater ability to bring in more quantity and quality of players than probably in any off season in the history of the franchise.

We literally can upgrade half of the roster, at all levels (starters, backups, sts,etc)

Aye, he certainly loved himself - but he was only a kid, so maybe he'll mature.
Tank an entire season of 53 players career so you can get the immature 19 year old to save the franchise.
cant make the **** up

Teams that tank like the Dolphins do so for very specific reasons, they have the wrong combination of very highly paid vets that often have been there a long time and are comfortable. And they have no "middle class" of talent either, it's either the very rich or very poor... and the poor talent are mostly poor players and the rich players aren't as good as their contracts indicate.

The Patriots have their system in place already, they don't have massively overvalued or overpaid players so they don't have to shed a lot of payroll. They did that this season by paying off cap debt from the last dynastic run from 2014-2019. Now they have a solid young base of players, cap space and a full arsenal of draft picks. "Tanking" is for doormats and dumpster fires. Unless you're just a moaning Negative Nancy the Patriots are not that.

Teams that tank like the Dolphins do so for very specific reasons, they have the wrong combination of very highly paid vets that often have been there a long time and are comfortable. And they have no "middle class" of talent either, it's either the very rich or very poor... and the poor talent are mostly poor players and the rich players aren't as good as their contracts indicate.

The Patriots have their system in place already, they don't have massively overvalued or overpaid players so they don't have to shed a lot of payroll. They did that this season by paying off cap debt from the last dynastic run from 2014-2019. Now they have a solid young base of players, cap space and a full arsenal of draft picks. "Tanking" is for doormats and dumpster fires. Unless you're just a moaning Negative Nancy the Patriots are not that.

Basically it's tanking for one player. Even if it's a QB, absurd.

I agree...no tanking needed, but if we are 5-6 again next year like we were following the Houston loss...I say it is time to semi-tank by starting Stidham or something...

I'd have loved for us to be 6-10 right now...or even 5-11....we'd be drafting #7/#8 right now...and have a real shot at Trey Lance or Justin Fields or Zach Wilson right now....

Yeah, I liked winning in week 17...that was fun, but I won't remember it next year.....

Tank an entire season of 53 players career so you can get the immature 19 year old to save the franchise.
cant make the **** up
Why are you quoting me? I'm just commenting on Rattler. I agree with you. It's a stupid idea.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back