PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' Dynasty starts & ends with The Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people assume marshawn lynch would have scored on the goal line? And lynch has been out of football for a long time.

* Looks at calendar *

Yep, that time of the year. Bad teams are ascendant with new plans and young talent; decent teams are now surefire Superbowl contenders [or perhaps a burgeoning dynasty].

I'm not so sure dynasties like this really end with one game or one team. At any rate, people have pronounced the Pats dynasty as dead at one time or another every year since 2006. The dolphins claim every year that they're ending the AFC East dynasty etc.

When our guys collapsed in against Indy in 06, that was the end of the dynasty. Tthen the Giants collapsed our dynasty. Then the Jets or Ravens did those couple years when the Pats were rebuilding, so forth.

There's only one team ending the Pats dynasty and that is the Pats. It's over when they can't sustain their excellence. No other team is ending it on their terms.

I'm not so sure dynasties like this really end with one game or one team. At any rate, people have pronounced the Pats dynasty as dead at one time or another every year since 2006. The dolphins claim every year that they're ending the AFC East dynasty etc.

When our guys collapsed in against Indy in 06, that was the end of the dynasty. Tthen the Giants collapsed our dynasty. Then the Jets or Ravens did those couple years when the Pats were rebuilding, so forth.

There's only one team ending the Pats dynasty and that is the Pats. It's over when they can't sustain their excellence. No other team is ending it on their terms.

and more specifically, when Brady and/or BB retire (whichever is last)

Even if the Raiders beat the Pats twice this year, I don't think it erases the past 16 years.

I must not understand the meaning of the quote.

Perhaps, but it won't be in the 2017 season -(which ends first Sunday in February 2018).

Raiders, bringing a sword...

F30FgK.gif

...to a gunfight. :)

Carr has certainly become more than I thought he would. As for the dynasty question, that all boils down to Brady and his successor.

Interesting, certainly no wrong answer even if you consider it all one era. I see them as..

2001-2007 Dynasty era Patriots
2008-2009 Transition era
2010-present Do your job era (although I think this was still a saying during the dynasty era too lol)

Definition of DYNASTY

The entire definition of a dynasty is that it includes changeover. There are no separate Patriot dynasties here; they've never gotten bad. 2001-whenever they slow down is dynasty, not multiple, per the definition of the word.

Pats' Dynasty starts & ends with The Raiders

More like the Raider dynasty ended with the Patriots.

And don't get me started on Ben Dreith.....
Fueled with former Patriots, the Raiders did win two legitimate titles in their entire history...Cliff Branch is a really nice guy who belongs in the NFL HOF...The Raiders did not allow their uniforms and logo to be ruined...they won't have any trouble finding places to gamble in Vegas...um...

Any given Sunday and all but the Raiders don't have the complete team that is necessary to be at our level. Not yet. Carr's exit last year proved it, losing him turned them from an AFC contender to a team that had no business being in the playoffs.

Beast Mode will help some but he isn't enough by himself.

On another topic - I've seen the name "Sin City Raiders" going around and that is really growing on me. Would be fun to see them given that name instead of just "Las Vegas Raiders"

Definition of DYNASTY

The entire definition of a dynasty is that it includes changeover. There are no separate Patriot dynasties here; they've never gotten bad. 2001-whenever they slow down is dynasty, not multiple, per the definition of the word.
Every dynasty has its origins, and the Patriots' is considerably more successful and dynamic and colorful than the Steelers or Cowboys, and does not include anything as horrific as the Packers' or Giants' decades of futility between titles.

Dynasty, n.: a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time

The Boston/New England Patriots Dynasty, 1959-present

1960-1970: Pioneering, Homeless, Competitive and Courageous Era

1971-1983: Post-merger, Best Uniforms, Adversity and Tragedy, Robbed of 1976 Title, Foundation of Modern Dominance Era

1984-1992: Retro-Sixties Uniforms, Title Chances But For Berry's Fixation on Eason, Had Our Chance With Flutie And Blew It, Crumbling of Sullivan Ownership Era

1993-2000: Kraft Ownership, Acquiescence To Absolutely Everything The League Does To Us Including Destruction Of The Best Logo And Uniforms, Replacing Them With Dreadful Abomination Virtually Identical To Thing That Was Booed Out Of The Stadium And Disgusting, Worst Uniforms On Planet, Mediocre Accomplished Nothing That Wasn't Done Better In All Previous Decades Bledsoe Era

2001-present: Tom (G.O.A.T.) Brady, Gillette Stadium, Five Super Bowl Victories, Continued Baseless, Ignorance, Stupidity and Hatred-Fueled League, Local And National Media Denigration Since Merger, Kraft Learning, Changing, And Doing Nothing Era

A testament to Belichick's greatness: In 1912, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that “if players were free agents at the end of every two years, baseball dynasties such as those built up by the Cubs, Athletics, Detroits and Giants would not be possible."

I really don't consider these two titles as part of the dynasty. This is a new era and a chance for a new dynasty.

Same era but how you want to interpret dynasty is anyone's interpretation.

I feel the same way, but I still reserve the right to argue otherwise when it suits my interests.

I see the Patriots since 2001 as three distinct eras.

2001-06
2007-13
2014-present
Interesting, certainly no wrong answer even if you consider it all one era. I see them as..

2001-2007 Dynasty era Patriots
2008-2009 Transition era
2010-present Do your job era (although I think this was still a saying during the dynasty era too lol)

I just saw it as
2000-20008
2009-present

But @Hercules Rockefeller is correct in the definition of what a dynasty truly is. Which is from 2000 to present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back