PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' Dynasty starts & ends with The Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't think Del Rio holds them too far back, though. I think he's improved since his time in Jacksonville. I like his bold decisions.

He's at the very least an above average coach, and we've seen several of them win titles in recent years. (Billick, Tomlin, Kubiak)

He won't outcoach us, but then again Kubiak managed to beat us in 15. Sometimes, far inferior coaches can pull one off.
Kubiak was a pretty good coach. His offenses always gave BB fits.

Wouldn't call him an elite coach though, hence above average.
Elite - no.

A coach that has a pretty good system, is level-headed and knows how to utilize talent- yes.

Without reading the link or any posts.....let me guess.....the Raiders beat the Jets in the May Super Bowl. Am I close?

Elite - no.

A coach that has a pretty good system, is level-headed and knows how to utilize talent- yes.
Right, and I think Del Rio in Oakland is getting to that point. They've definitely utilized their offensive talent very well.

Even when Del Rio was in Jacksonville, he did win a playoff game, and even didn't let his team get embarrassed by us in the 07 divisional game.

You're not usually going to be given a boatload of talent down there in Jacksonville, so I always felt like he was given a bit of a bad rap.

Whatever happens in Mexico City is irrelevant. About 3 times higher than Denver or whatever so by the 4th quarter everybody on both teams needs oxygen. And the pollution is like both teams just took up smoking.

So tell me again why the Patriots should wear RED COATS. :)
At the risk of sounding redundant, the real logo is dressed in historically accurate blue. The team's colors are Patriotic Red, White and Blue.

Whatever football jerseys they wore in 1776, and Superman's and Underdog's capes, along with the alternating stripes on our flag should not be wrecked.

The whole pretense for the "makeover" was malevolent and insulting, and made only in preparation for the franchise's impending move to St. Louis.

I was out walking my dog the other day, and another guy came along, wearing a Pat Patriot hat.

"Nice hat," I said.

"Yeah, I prefer the old one, not the..." Just as I've heard from everyone I've spoken to about it over the last twenty-four years.

Finally, wrecking it after thirty-three years? Really?

You care about the team, or...you don't.

Right, and I think Del Rio in Oakland is getting to that point. They've definitely utilized their offensive talent very well.

Even when Del Rio was in Jacksonville, he did win a playoff game, and even didn't let his team get embarrassed by us in the 07 divisional game.

You're not usually going to be given a boatload of talent down there in Jacksonville, so I always felt like he was given a bit of a bad rap.

I also thing Del Rio is a better coach now. Time will tell how much better

It would help to stop pretending this franchise was not mostly competitive and legitimate since its inception in 1960 through 1992.
What the hell ate you talking about?:confused:

We weren't talking about being competitive, we were discussing the length of the Patriots dynasty.

How do you chime in with "It would help.....". I think you have issues with the past

A serious wtf?

Whatever happens in Mexico City is irrelevant. About 3 times higher than Denver or whatever so by the 4th quarter everybody on both teams needs oxygen. And the pollution is like both teams just took up smoking.
Crazy the NFL* has chosen to play in that dump

The Pats dynasty started with and will probably end with Brady. From the time he took over the Pats have had the best record in the AFCE every single season. The Pats haven't gone more than 4 years without being in a SB.

As for the Raiders, every time I see Oakland I think of an interview with former Raider George Atkinson from one of the top ten shows. He was bragging how the Raiders motto at the time he played in the 70's, one that he was proud of, was "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin."

I also thing Del Rio is a better coach now. Time will tell how much better
Need to see him and his team in a real playoff game this year in where they have Carr healthy.

Dumb to say it started with Oakland. It started with signing Tom Brady. Everything else was the destiny of the future GOAT.
I agree, the real winning in the Kraft ownership began with drafting Tom, and keeping him until they got Bledsoe out of there.

But we gotta be real, everybody, it all started when Billy Sullivan led the local group to grab that last spot in the original AFL! Only reason we didn't have at least one Super Bowl in our pocket was Dreith.

The Pats dynasty started with and will probably end with Brady. From the time he took over the Pats have had the best record in the AFCE every single season. The Pats haven't gone more than 4 years without being in a SB.

As for the Raiders, every time I see Oakland I think of an interview with former Raider George Atkinson from one of the top ten shows. He was bragging how the Raiders motto at the time he played in the 70's, one that he was proud of, was "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin."
True, the '76 Raiders are frauds.

But the Pats winning titles this century really coincided with getting Bledsoe out of there.

All the pieces were in place; we just needed to get somebody decent behind center. As it happened, it turned out to be the G.O.A.T. But it didn't have to be, and still doesn't.

We don't need the best guy in there after Tom retires to keep winning; we just need the right guy.

Need to see him and his team in a real playoff game this year in where they have Carr healthy.
Yep.

With that said I don't see their defense as being improved.

If in a gave vs NE they would need a ton of TOs and put up a least a 40 burger on our D to win

What the hell ate you talking about?:confused:

We weren't talking about being competitive, we were discussing the length of the Patriots dynasty.

How do you chime in with "It would help.....". I think you have issues with the past

A serious wtf?
I agree with you, and several others, that the consistent title-winning began here with Tom.

As I said before, every dynasty has its origins, and the Patriots' is considerably more successful and dynamic and colorful than the Steelers or Cowboys, and does not include anything as horrific as the Packers' or Giants' decades of futility between titles.

Dynasty, n.: a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time

A quarter century is not a short time. But, the only thing keeping us from having one title in the bank before this century, like the Trail Blazers for example, is Dreith.

The lists of teams in each decade since 1960, who did not come close to sniffing a title, are long, and don't include New England.

At the risk of sounding redundant, the real logo is dressed in historically accurate blue. The team's colors are Patriotic Red, White and Blue.

Whatever football jerseys they wore in 1776, and Superman's and Underdog's capes, along with the alternating stripes on our flag should not be wrecked.

The whole pretense for the "makeover" was malevolent and insulting, and made only in preparation for the franchise's impending move to St. Louis.

I was out walking my dog the other day, and another guy came along, wearing a Pat Patriot hat.

"Nice hat," I said.

"Yeah, I prefer the old one, not the..." Just as I've heard from everyone I've spoken to about it over the last twenty-four years.

Finally, wrecking it after thirty-three years? Really?

You care about the team, or...you don't.

Traitor !!!!! You diss the original, and authentic, Tri Corner Hat logo !

Traitor !!!!! You diss the original, and authentic, Tri Corner Hat logo !
Funny, but worn on helmets first season, even as Pat Patriot logo already adorned the programs.
th

Even so, 32 yrs > 1 season.....................
th
1961-1992.

th
1959-60, then
559.gif
1961-present
And various different versions for each from 1-3 seasons, before:
972.gif
1963-present,
th
1964-present

o1wgfvp4km9109vj1p4fkq212.gif
1964-present,
th
1957-present

th
1963-present,
th
1961-present

Last edited:
Why anybody would take time out of their life to respond to such absolute stupidity is beyond me. All I will say is Kay Adams is one of the cutest women I have ever seen. Not necessarily "hot" but cute as hell. Happy for her success. It wasn't that long ago she was doing regional programs. She must be crushed by what her Bears did in the draft. LOL.

True, the '76 Raiders are frauds.

But the Pats winning titles this century really coincided with getting Bledsoe out of there.

All the pieces were in place; we just needed to get somebody decent behind center. As it happened, it turned out to be the G.O.A.T. But it didn't have to be, and still doesn't.
Yes, it had to be the GOAT. There isn't a single Patriots championship team that had enough margin for error that you could remove the greatest QB of all time, replace him with someone who is pretty good, and still win.

Drew Bledsoe was a pretty good QB. And he was 5-13 under Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back