PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats' Dynasty starts & ends with The Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1537-1377621562-19.gif

The Raiders were 9-2 in one-possession games. They play in a tough division where they lost twice to the Chiefs, beat the Chargers twice by a combined 6 points, and got to play a crappy NFC South and really terrible AFC South division last year.

This year, they swap out the NFC South for the NFC East, what should be one of the most competitive divisions in football. They play us and the rest of the AFC East, a huge step up from last year's AFC South losers. They lose a home game to Mexico (against us too), and they're on the road against the Titans and vs. the Ravens.

I'm not even sure they make the playoffs.

Even a minor regression in that division and combined with a tougher schedule might knock them out.

Yeah, they could be a serious contender...eventually. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back this season.

The Raiders were 9-2 in one-possession games. They play in a tough division where they lost twice to the Chiefs, beat the Chargers twice by a combined 6 points, and got to play a crappy NFC South and really terrible AFC South division last year.

This year, they swap out the NFC South for the NFC East, what should be one of the most competitive divisions in football. They play us and the rest of the AFC East, a huge step up from last year's AFC South losers. They lose a home game to Mexico (against us too), and they're on the road against the Titans and vs. the Ravens.

I'm not even sure they make the playoffs.

Even a minor regression in that division and combined with a tougher schedule might knock them out.

Yeah, they could be a serious contender...eventually. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a step back this season.

I was high on Oakland going into last season and thought there was a decent chance the AFCCG would be in Oakland. Carr go hurt and that was that.

This season I agree with what you stated. Also, their future is very much in doubt as to when the big dogs contracts come due. Carr, Mack, Cooper amongst others. They will fall off soon enough, as do all other teams that don't have BB running the organization.

Oh and I highly doubt a 2 year removed Marshawn will be much good. Not for what they need him to be.

Last edited:
I really don't consider these two titles as part of the dynasty. This is a new era and a chance for a new dynasty.

Raiders still need to learn that every season is different, what happened last season is gone. It's all starts from square one, not picking up from where you left off. They may be good, or they could pull a Newton and sukazz.

Tomlin, Elway, Oakland. They need to refocus. :D

Let them keep talking. Let them talk all day long. The fact that these teams/mediots never learn from their mistakes is to our benefit.

Hell, had they kept their mouths shut and not made up or fed into ******** stories, there's a possibility that Belichick may have even retired. The fact that they continuously add fuel to the fire is our blessing.

I really don't consider these two titles as part of the dynasty. This is a new era and a chance for a new dynasty.

I feel the same way, but I still reserve the right to argue otherwise when it suits my interests.

I see the Patriots since 2001 as three distinct eras.

2001-06
2007-13
2014-present

I feel the same way, but I still reserve the right to argue otherwise when it suits my interests.

I see the Patriots since 2001 as three distinct eras.

2001-06
2007-13
2014-present
Interesting, certainly no wrong answer even if you consider it all one era. I see them as..

2001-2007 Dynasty era Patriots
2008-2009 Transition era
2010-present Do your job era (although I think this was still a saying during the dynasty era too lol)

The Raiders look good on paper and would have been the toughest AFC opponent for the Pats last year.

But...but...but...the AFC West had a cupcake schedule last year and, as was pointed out, the Raiders won a bunch of games that could have gone either way, including critical games to division opponents.

They need to worry about the Broncos and the Chiefs and just getting into the playoffs. And their defense is mediocre. When the Pats lose it's to a dominant defense (Broncos, Ravens, Giants, even Jets). With the weapons around him, Brady can put up 40 on the Raiders if he has to. Does anyone doubt that?

Carr had a magical season until the injury. Can he repeat that? I saw that team go belly-up to the Texans at home, while I watched the Pats eat the Texans with their 3rd-stringer at the helm.

This Patriots team, as is currently constructed, would demolish the Raiders. The Raiders have a young and improving squad and a very good offense, but they aren't on the Patriots level just yet.*

*Injuries would close that gap, of course (see: 2015).

Interesting, certainly no wrong answer even if you consider it all one era. I see them as..

2001-2007 Dynasty era Patriots
2008-2009 Transition era
2010-present Do your job era (although I think this was still a saying during the dynasty era too lol)

Or Bruchi-Mayo-High

Oh, and the Patriots dynasty will "end" (in quotes because we don't know who the next QB will be and what he will bring to the table) as Brady begins to fall apart. That won't be against any one team and, instead, will come over a series of games ala Peyton Manning in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back