PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Wednesday August 17th

Look at overall contract and stop looking at yearly hits. That's a stupid way to do it. Lots of players have increased salary in one year or another based on contract terms. He's #30 btw
I’m looking at this year because that’s all he’s got left. Looking at his entire contract, I agree that it wasn’t too bad. All I’m trying to say is he’s not worth 14M. If they extend him for 3 years with an avg salary of 10-12, and can get some more out of him, I’d be ecstatic.

One isolated year, and that was a deeper Super Bowl level team stacking veterans for Brady's last runs, so they kept safer options.

This is a thinner building team.
Whatever you have to tell yourself.

Nixon vs Humphrey ?
So barrinng trades, we have the 4 NFL viables, with Bourne now on the rumored but possibly imaginary hotseat. Then there is the Chosen One, Tyquanderoga (not to be confused with The Chasen One.) That's 5. Then if BB is for serious, we're keeping Ty2 (See his chart topping "Make Me An Angel That Flies like Ty Montgomery" from yesterday.) But we could roster him at any position so no need to hold him against the WR room.

If we're keeping 6, that's one spot for Nixon vs. Humphrey, Wilkerson, and the tangentially resurrected Josh Hammond, who, as another teams UDFA, we would love to prove WE made viable (if it weren't for how deeply he's buried)

I think we only know who we really really keep the day of the final, real 53. And given the level of scrapping probably going on in the minds of everybody in that room, I bet nobody has ever wanted to play as bad as Kristian Wilkerson.

Love the competition and feel like it's a shame out of this crew that so many will have to go elsewhere, but that is how it works.

But I do love how many guys out there seem to be showing 1st team skills, and how possibly no. 1 Tyquanderoga is looking. Add that to how I feel about Jonnu coming along, Mac Jones returning to sharpness, and even the apparent depth that Zappe might provide (all NE QBs aren't necessarily one-injury guys) and I am just excited for this season.

I hope all this goodfeel doesn't disappear the minute we play actual opponents.

1980 AC/DC Concert.
So loud my ears should have been bleeding
I was either concussed or it was really good blotter acid

Yeah same here...right around the same time.

Saw them for my first time at the Garden in December 1981 while on leave for Christmas, during their For Those About To Rock tour... man was that cannon loud...

Saw them for my first time at the Garden in December 1981 while on leave for Christmas, during their For Those About To Rock tour... man were that cannon loud...
Yes...for those about to rock...that was fantastic. Saw them at the Garden as well...might have been the same concert.

Yes...for those about to rock...that was fantastic. Saw them at the Garden as well...might have been the same concert.

I do regret not having the opportunity to see them with Bon Scott... That would've been a cool show...

And shame on the NFL to never have scheduled AC/DC to perform at the Super Bowl, especially before Malcolm Young passed away...

@mgcolby @rochrist

What are you finding disagreeable? My point was just that creating cap space for the sake of creating cap space is of no benefit to the team if the money is left unused.

I much prefer they keep Agholor, though. What looks like depth now can look quite different when the games count.
The tired Kraft is cheap line.

There is a silver lining if Bourne is regressing: it means his #1 DVOA performance last year was much more about Mac than about him, i.e. Mac can elevate the performance of an ordinary WR.
I see no reason to say Bourne is regressing. If anything it looks like he got himself on the **** list for some reason. Maybe BB doesn’t need to put up with his social media profile now that Parker is on board and Agholor has remembered how well he can ball. I dunno. But I’ve not seen any reports that Bourne‘s performance has fallen off, just his targets have fallen off.

Sorry if this one was already posted...Peppers getting some nice shots in

BTW - I saw a clip of the Wise hit on McCaffery and it looked to me that he was well in bounds and Wise hit him with a shoulder HIGH. That in my opinion was perfectly OK. BTW McCaffery had just evaded a tackle and was adding 2 or 3 more yards before Wise hit him. He wasn't slowing down, as he should, why should Wise.

BS move on Caroliina's part, and just one of many

Ray's an UFA who hasn't even stood out in the one preseason game.

You think teams arrange their 53 from scouting reports at PatsFans.com?

J/K but I can't imagine him being sought after.
Some posters think the team should listen to PatsFans.com........:rofl:......I will put away the cheerleader pom poms for Ray/Roberts for a couple of weeks then

Yeah, I called a Bourne trade last Thursday in the preseason game 1 pre-game thread, and discussed it further in another recent thread (believe it was the "depth or no depth" thread). I've kept my eye on his activity since then and he's quite honestly doing little to nothing. Not sure what's going on there, but something is up.
Bill probably didn’t like Bourne telling in the press that the playbook on offense has changed

Bill probably didn’t like Bourne telling in the press that the playbook on offense has changed
Yeah, it's not like any other team has scouts or game film.

I see no reason to say Bourne is regressing. If anything it looks like he got himself on the **** list for some reason. Maybe BB doesn’t need to put up with his social media profile now that Parker is on board and Agholor has remembered how well he can ball. I dunno. But I’ve not seen any reports that Bourne‘s performance has fallen off, just his targets have fallen off.
There was a report by some tier 3 blogger he was lollygagging/ < %100 effort in practice a few days ago but I haven't seen anything from the Reiss or Howe types speak to that effect.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back