PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Wednesday August 17th

Great read/re cap by Lazar of position by position analysis after two joint practices, Some highlights:

-Rb- Strong and Harris likely not to contribute this year
-Wr- Does not see any trades, loves the depth and thinks Nixon and Wilkerson to the PS
-OL- Brown and Onwenu -two best lineman. Strange struggling, Cajuste ok and likes Ferentz
-DL- God playing great, Ray continues making plays, Sam Roberts and Pharms PS...Anderson top choice behind Wise
-Edge- Jennings impressive
-Cb- Mills a stud, slot- edge to Marcus Jones
-Safety- strongest position on team, impressed with Peppers

Great read/re cap by Lazar of position by position analysis after two joint practices, Some highlights:

-Wr- Does not see any trades, loves the depth and thinks Nixon and Wilkerson to the PS
-OL- Brown and Onwenu -two best lineman. Strange struggling, Cajuste ok and likes Ferentz
-DL- God playing great, Ray continues making plays, Sam Roberts and Pharms PS...Anderson top choice behind Wise

By Harris, I hope you're not talking about Damien Harris lol...

Of course he does... Lazar works for the NEP's/Bill Belichick's Ministry of Propaganda now, where never is heard a discouraging word...

I think if Strong shows that he can Catch and Block he'll get some playing time our Offensive thrives with a Third Down RB.

Last edited:
At least the offense looked good yesterday compared to last week. Baby steps and practice doesn't mean much when the real games come up, but you like to see the improvement.

Of course he does... Lazar works for the NEP's/Bill Belichick's Ministry of Propaganda now, where never is heard a discouraging word...
In my opinion, he has been critical when need be. He just started for Pats.com, so lets see if that changes, but overall I think he is a fair reporter. Especially if you listen to his podcast.

I think if Strong shows that he can catch and Block he'll get some playing time our Offensive thrives with a Third Down RB.
Yeah, I hope that is the case. With Montgomery playing so well now, he's clearly behind him in that role and obviously with Damien and Rham, no room there as well. I like the "speed" element that he brings though.

Last edited:

Interesting criticism, given that your highlight immediately follows him saying that the Pats first round draft pick is struggling.

Interesting criticism, given that your highlight immediately follows him saying that the Pats first round draft pick is struggling.
I would say team reporters by and large are biased when it comes to the team they're covering. Here in the Bay Area they're making Lance sound Mahomes 2.0. Lazar has been pretty consistent though with fair takes.

I would say team reporters by and large are biased when it comes to the team they're covering. Here in the Bay Area they're making Lance sound Mahomes 2.0. Lazar has been pretty consistent though with fair takes.

Oh for sure, and Lazar typically leaned more positive than negative even before he worked for the Pats. But dismissing someone's opinion on a player because they're a "team shill", loses something for me if that "team shill" had a negative report on a very prominent Patriots draft pick in essentially the same sentence.

Contrariwise from Phil Perry:

Perry: Cole Strange more than holds his own vs. Panthers

Is there no practice today?

Very interesting. I think if you asked 4 different beat reporters this question, they would have different answers. Alex Barth who is pretty good with his analysis, also mentioned during his podcast yesterday that Strange was doing OK and performing better.

That's one of the reasons I like the pre season games, I get to see them first hand.

I'm usually not one to miss an opportunity to laugh at Zolak, but well spoken, sir! And well done for keeping the profanity implicit ("A-holes")!

I guarantee you there'll be a fight during hte game Friday started by the Panthers...

Very interesting. I think if you asked 4 different beat reporters this question, they would have different answers. Alex Barth who is pretty good with his analysis, also mentioned during his podcast yesterday that Strange was doing OK and performing better.

That's one of the reasons I like the pre season games, I get to see them first hand.

Bedard had Strange as the #1 disappointment the first day of joint practice, and just plain blocking as #3 the third day.

FWIW he hasn't said bust, and at times mentions good things lightly, but doesn't seem impressed.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back