PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Wednesday August 17th

@mgcolby @rochrist

What are you finding disagreeable? My point was just that creating cap space for the sake of creating cap space is of no benefit to the team if the money is left unused.

I much prefer they keep Agholor, though. What looks like depth now can look quite different when the games count.
It was the reference to Kraft putting 10 mil back in his pocket. Simply not how that works. And inferring Kraft is cheap is mind boggling to me.

I guarantee you there'll be a fight during hte game Friday started by the Panthers...
What do we get if there's not a fight? Full refund? ;)

What do we get if there's not a fight? Full refund? ;)

Hey, people pay a lot of money to watch minor league hockey games just for the fights lol…

Saw them for my first time at the Garden in December 1981 while on leave for Christmas, during their For Those About To Rock tour... man was that cannon loud...
Those About To Rock Tour was the show I was at. I knew it was early 80's.
The rats in the Garden did not hang around for that show.
Yes AC/DC would have been right up there with U2's Halftime show

Those About To Rock Tour was the show I was at. I knew it was early 80's.
The rats in the Garden did not hang around for that show.
Yes AC/DC would have been right up there with U2's Halftime show

I thought there were discussions in the early fall last year about playing at halftime a few months later; but the league, perhaps realizing that this was LA, decided to go in, let's just say, a different direction...

Hey, people pay a lot of money to watch minor league hockey games just for the fights lol…
I mean Strange has a couple years of jiu jitsu under his belt. It would be pretty hilarious to see him snatch an arm bar on a guy.

Great read/re cap by Lazar of position by position analysis after two joint practices, Some highlights:

-Rb- Strong and Harris likely not to contribute this year
-Wr- Does not see any trades, loves the depth and thinks Nixon and Wilkerson to the PS
-OL- Brown and Onwenu -two best lineman. Strange struggling, Cajuste ok and likes Ferentz
-DL- God playing great, Ray continues making plays, Sam Roberts and Pharms PS...Anderson top choice behind Wise
-Edge- Jennings impressive
-Cb- Mills a stud, slot- edge to Marcus Jones
-Safety- strongest position on team, impressed with Peppers

A couple of his takes were really interesting and to me a bit unexpected:
* Saying Strange was struggling (I had read elsewhere he was holding up pretty well), but saying good things about Ferentz and how he was a solid backup, that is the most praise I've heard for Ferentz.
* He seems to think the Ray is way ahead in the Ray / Roberts completion, and Roberts is clearly PS. I thought it was more of a battle between Ray and Roberts.
* I also thought it was interesting that he considers Nixon and Wilkerson clearly to the PS, not anywhere close to the level of the others ahead of them.

A couple of his takes were really interesting and to me a bit unexpected:
* Saying Strange was struggling (I had read elsewhere he was holding up pretty well), but saying good things about Ferentz and how he was a solid backup, that is the most praise I've heard for Ferentz.
* He seems to think the Ray is way ahead in the Ray / Roberts completion, and Roberts is clearly PS. I thought it was more of a battle between Ray and Roberts.
* I also thought it was interesting that he considers Nixon and Wilkerson clearly to the PS, not anywhere close to the level of the others ahead of them.

Lazar was excellent before he joined Patriots.com, I thought. It remains to be seen how far he gets sucked in to the company narrative as time goes by but so far I think the signs are good.

The best thing was that he used to give good, visually-based post-game breakdowns and it seems that they want him to continue with that now he works for the team. As for his judgements on players, he seems to be being quite independent so far (the praise for Ferentz acknowledges that he had a long way to go). Let's see how it holds up.

Judging by one of his latest tweets on the sidebar, it looks as if Lazar is already starting to whistle the company tune...

I thought there were discussions in the early fall last year about playing at halftime a few months later; but the league, perhaps realizing that this was LA, decided to go in, let's just say, a different direction...
Non Binary

No practice since it’s day before the game. In addition, public access to training camp is now done; everything next week is limited access to reporters (and only certain periods).
And such is the beginning of the painful period where we only get little tidbits of info until the season hits. Besides the two preseason games tomorrow and on 8/26 it'll be a lot less volume of reporting than we're used to, and game 1 on 9/11 will feel forever away.

And such is the beginning of the painful period where we only get little tidbits of info until the season hits. Besides the two preseason games tomorrow and on 8/26 it'll be a lot less volume of reporting than we're used to, and game 1 on 9/11 will feel forever away.
But NO Pats fan will be accused of forgetting 9/11 this year

Shocking: Men Who Have Been Conditioned To Play a Violent Game Get Marginally Scrappy When Returning To Said Violent Game For The First Time In Months.

What mental gymnastics do you have to do to be surprised or really draw anything from a preseason scrap? That requires a nearly comical amount of denial to ever make sense.

Bedard had Strange as the #1 disappointment the first day of joint practice, and just plain blocking as #3 the third day.

FWIW he hasn't said bust, and at times mentions good things lightly, but doesn't seem impressed.
That's because Bedard hated the pick. Like many "Fans" hated the pick. Bedard wanted the glitzy pick.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back