PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp Day 18 8/26- Joint Practice with Giants

I miss Box of Rocks, RayClay, spacecrime, zoostation, Fencer and the Scrizz among others who infested this wonderful board back in 2004-5....time flies
Infested is a superior word choice for this motley band we call Patsfans.

Hasn't been said in a while - thanks Ian for putting this weird little social experiment on the interwebs.

not to be a persnickety SOB but....I don't believe PP2 was PatsPsycho. This board melted down in 2014 and everyone had to re-login. PP2 has been here a lot longer than 10 years...off topic- I miss Box of Rocks, RayClay, spacecrime, zoostation, Fencer and the Scrizz among others who infested this wonderful board back in 2004-5....time flies

You’re probably right then…I always thought PP2 stood for PatsPaycho2 and can’t remember now why I thought that.

Never any indication? You mean like today when asked when he will name his starting QB and he said he doesn’t know yet when he will?

Don't confuse Belichick speak in a press conference with what his actions are. Anything Belichick says in a press conference should be immediately dismissed because he doesn't tell the truth in the press conference.

There is zero evidence by the way he conducted practices or preseason games that there is a QB competition at least to who will be the day one starter. Nothing.

Don't confuse Belichick speak in a press conference with what his actions are. Anything Belichick says in a press conference should be immediately dismissed because he doesn't tell the truth in the press conference.

There is zero evidence by the way he conducted practices or preseason games that there is a QB competition at least to who will be the day one starter. Nothing.
He was good yesterday.

Cam didn't violate a team rule which is correct....but he did violate a league rule.

You’re probably right then…I always thought PP2 stood for PatsPaycho2 and can’t remember now why I thought that.

It makes some logical sense, if he had to remake his account it would be PatsPsycho2 (or PP2 for short). But I haven't really noticed a pattern between the two either way.

Good piece by Zack Cox about the 5 Summer Standouts for the Pats.....hard to argue with any of them.

WR Jakobi Meyers: The Patriots’ best pass-catcher in camp, and it wasn’t particularly close. Meyers is New England’s WR1, despite the offseason additions of Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.

OLB Matt Judon: Judon is going to cause major problems for opposing offenses this season. He’s exactly the type of versatile, play-making edge defender Bill Belichick covets, and he’s been borderline unstoppable in his two preseason appearances.

LB Josh Uche: Injuries have sidelined Uche at times, so he’ll need to prove he can stay healthy. But if he can, he has “Year 2 breakout” written all over him. He ate Daniel Jones’ lunch in the Patriots’ final open practice, sacking the Giants quarterback at least three times.

S Adrian Phillips: The Patriots added two high-priced tight ends in Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith, and Phillips spent most of the summer locking them both down. The savvy veteran will play a key role in New England’s secondary this season after filling in as a de facto inside linebacker in 2020.

QB Mac Jones: The first-round draft pick has made a strong case for the Week 1 starting job. His performance in the first Giants joint practice was the best by any Patriots quarterback this summer. Even if Belichick opts to stick with Cam Newton to start — a very real possibility after Jones came back to Earth on Wednesday — it feels like only a matter of time before the rookie claims the top job.

Honorable mentions include cornerback J.C. Jackson, offensive tackle Trent Brown, defensive tackle Christian Barmore and linebacker Kyle Van Noy.

Good piece by Zack Cox about the 5 Summer Standouts for the Pats.....hard to argue with any of them.

WR Jakobi Meyers: The Patriots’ best pass-catcher in camp, and it wasn’t particularly close. Meyers is New England’s WR1, despite the offseason additions of Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.

OLB Matt Judon: Judon is going to cause major problems for opposing offenses this season. He’s exactly the type of versatile, play-making edge defender Bill Belichick covets, and he’s been borderline unstoppable in his two preseason appearances.

LB Josh Uche: Injuries have sidelined Uche at times, so he’ll need to prove he can stay healthy. But if he can, he has “Year 2 breakout” written all over him. He ate Daniel Jones’ lunch in the Patriots’ final open practice, sacking the Giants quarterback at least three times.

S Adrian Phillips: The Patriots added two high-priced tight ends in Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith, and Phillips spent most of the summer locking them both down. The savvy veteran will play a key role in New England’s secondary this season after filling in as a de facto inside linebacker in 2020.

QB Mac Jones: The first-round draft pick has made a strong case for the Week 1 starting job. His performance in the first Giants joint practice was the best by any Patriots quarterback this summer. Even if Belichick opts to stick with Cam Newton to start — a very real possibility after Jones came back to Earth on Wednesday — it feels like only a matter of time before the rookie claims the top job.

Honorable mentions include cornerback J.C. Jackson, offensive tackle Trent Brown, defensive tackle Christian Barmore and linebacker Kyle Van Noy.

First I've heard of Van Noy having a good camp.

The passrush, on obvious passing downs, may be among the best the Pats have ever had. Now, they just need to get to 2nd/3rd and long.

First I've heard of Van Noy having a good camp.

The passrush, on obvious passing downs, may be among the best the Pats have ever had. Now, they just need to get to 2nd/3rd and long.
Yes, really excited about the potential of it. Uche, Van Noy, Hightower, Judon, Barmore, Wino and Perkins...throw in Wise as well and potentially that's a really scary pass rush.

Update from Kyed on injuries to Andrews and J. Jones. Good to hear about Andrews, thought I heard yesterday that it was foot related. Going to see if I can get any more updated information.

Patriots center David Andrews and cornerback Jonathan Jones didn’t finish practice. It was another sweltering day at Gillette Stadium, and Andrews’ departure was heat-related. Jones appeared to be favoring his left foot or ankle.

Seems the only time i hear about Agholar is drops or injured

13 million per year! For an ok but not great talent whom would be a number 3 WR at best on other rosters

love this patriots roster except the WRs

If it weren't for Meyers, we would have the Worst WRs in football...again.
I think it’s less of a problem when you have a great TE duo. The problems arise when you have neither.

unfortunately Mac Jones is going to be asked to turn water into wine at the WR position.

13 million per year! For an ok but not great talent whom would be a number 3 WR at best on other rosters

love this patriots roster except the WRs

Am I mistaken, or have you made this point in other posts?

Yes, really excited about the potential of it. Uche, Van Noy, Hightower, Judon, Barmore, Wino and Perkins...throw in Wise as well and potentially that's a really scary pass rush.

our defense is very very good. there Is no doubt . Some talent there

Update from Kyed on injuries to Andrews and J. Jones. Good to hear about Andrews, thought I heard yesterday that it was foot related. Going to see if I can get any more updated information.

Patriots center David Andrews and cornerback Jonathan Jones didn’t finish practice. It was another sweltering day at Gillette Stadium, and Andrews’ departure was heat-related. Jones appeared to be favoring his left foot or ankle.

Andrews is great news.
Even the verb "favoring" is good news, because it hopefully indicates "delay" not "season ending".

we May have a top 5 defense in the nfl. Just keep conservative boring Patricia as far away from the D as possible

It's the Beetlejuice approach. There are many here hoping saying it three times that a $20M per year WR will magically appear.
If I say it 3 times.....will our veteran starting QB finally be able to manage a check down at the line of scrimmage in year two of his Patriots employment?

Paul Campbell Love GIF by Hallmark Channel

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back