PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for 49er's OT Trent Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence me being a little nervous about him.
OT, but your track record is pretty good. Who’s your QB for the pats or do you not want one?

Looks like it might have happened.

Both Van Noy and HT missed time last year. So we need to be prepared for it to potentially happen again.

They also likely only played 2 LBs for such a large percentage of snaps because there was an extreme drop off in quality after Hightower and KVN. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be afraid to say that it was the worst corps in the NFL after those two (and I generally regard KVN as just a notch above a JAG). LB is definitely a need.

OT, but your track record is pretty good. Who’s your QB for the pats or do you not want one?

Falk or Lauletta to be long term backups. A lot of people like Mike White but I haven’t watched him.

They also likely only played 2 LBs for such a large percentage of snaps because there was an extreme drop off in quality after Hightower and KVN. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be afraid to say that it was the worst corps in the NFL after those two (and I generally regard KVN as just a notch above a JAG). LB is definitely a need.
I like Jewell. Malik Jefferson’s measurables intrigue me, though I hear he has Jamie’s Collins syndrome.

I like Jewell. Malik Jefferson’s measurables intrigue me, though I hear he has Jamie’s Collins syndrome.

I prefer Jefferson, but I'd be fine with either TBH.

We need to draft another LB IMO.
Sure but I’m not convinced it’s a bigger need than LT or RB at least in the worst case scenario of what RB could have ended up as.

Maybe it’s nothing more than that we have a high grade on Brown and the fact that he became available was too good an opportunity.

I was envisioning a battle royal for the LT position with hopes of Garcia winning it. Either way, I expected that the Patriots would have given a lot of help to the LT this year and that would have been that.

It would be a shame if they have to give lots of help to the LT this year anyway.
I think they solved lt with this pick and did it with a guy who can play elsewhere as well if a different LT rises up.

PFF had Brown as the 7th best pass blocking OT last year (9 hurries in 669 snaps). 5th in pass blocking efficiency (Nate Solder was 44th).

Both Van Noy and HT missed time last year. So we need to be prepared for it to potentially happen again.
Sure but with other needs do you call having a guy in case of injuries a 1st round need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes