PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade 5th Rounder

despite Schefter saying "their" pick, as Ras-IR mentioned, the Patriots had two 5th rounders. Neither one was their own. The Patriots had Maimi's 5th (acquired with Parker) and TB's 5th (acquired for Mason). The Pats had traded "Their" 5th rounder to Vegas as part of the Trent Brown deal LAST year.

Texans had three 6th rounders....#185 original, #205 via trade, #207 via trade...and one 7th #245

So likely........ Pats #158 or #170........ for #185 and #245

Meh!

We got 3 6th rounders and 1 7th rounder, Rich hill trade chart:

Houston gets:
-#158= 11

Pats gets:
-#183=7
-#205= 4
-#207=4
#245= 2

Total= 17

Where are you seeing that we are getting 4 picks back? If so, it's a great trade and can use them to actually move up past #158 during the draft.

Where are you seeing that we are getting 4 picks back? If so, it's a great trade and can use them to actually move up past #158 during the draft.
He read the "Their 6th and 7th round picks" as meaning all the picks the Texans had in those two rounds instead of the Texans' 6th (183) and Cowboys 7th (245).

Schefter said 6th and 7th round picks plural so I assume its for all 4 of their picks.
Schefter also said "their" 5th round pick for the Patriots. A pick that they don't currently have. They have TB's and Miami's. It's poor reporting by Schefter.

Reiss is reporting that it's just TWO picks. We'll have to wait and see.

Houston Texans Beat Reporter also reporting it's just 2 picks.

Interesting. They had 2 fifth round picks, neither of which were theirs. I also don’t ever recall them making a pick for pick trade prior to draft day before. Makes me think they think the value is interchangeable at that point and just want more picks.
Patriots and Dolphins had a trade years ago where the Dolphins got the current year 3rd for their next year 2nd and that trade was a few days before the draft.

well this is a weak draft, I don't mind. I would rather get a RB or a WR in the 5th round.

BB is going to draft 3 punters in the 6th round
BB has more success on 6th rounders than 2nd rounders doesn't he? At least it feels far more painful when he screws up the 2nd round picks. I don't think anybody will be bothered if he drafts 3x special teamers in round 6. At least it might feel better than when he uses our 2nd rounders on those types of players.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back