PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade 5th Rounder

Depends who the players are left on the board.

Or, they looked at it and said, "We only slide 13 picks and get a seventh rounder in return. The odds are that the guy we want will still be there 13 picks later anyway. Its essentially acquiring a free pick, plus comes with cap savings."

Last edited:
Need three sixths and a seventh to take fliers on other positions after they spend their fifth on a punter.

BB has more success on 6th rounders than 2nd rounders doesn't he? At least it feels far more painful when he screws up the 2nd round picks. I don't think anybody will be bothered if he drafts 3x special teamers in round 6. At least it might feel better than when he uses our 2nd rounders on those types of players.

Hold my Jameson & ginger ale...on ice...

giphy.gif

I like it...slide back 13 slots and pick up a 7th for an UDFA we wouldn't be able to otherwise sign after the draft...

I like it...slide back 13 slots and pick up a 7th for an UDFA we wouldn't be able to otherwise sign after the draft...

I agree. I assume there is a UDFA that the draft committee agrees on and wants the 7th for that guy.

But the Pats won the trade per the draft value chart, so maybe it was the Texans dumping some picks because they have too many? No real way to know. If the Pats went to the Texans with the trade proposal to lock in a 7th, why would the Texans agree unless the trade value was in their favor (I am arguing against myself)?

Bill is getting warmed up, starting early. What’s the most trades by a single team in one draft? He may be going for the record.

Bill is getting warmed up, starting early. What’s the most trades by a single team in one draft? He may be going for the record.

And I'd like to see him start at #21 itself for another Day 2 pick.

And I'd like to see him start at #21 itself for another Day 2 pick.
It’s all gonna depend on who is there at 21. From the sounds of it, everyone is wanting to move down, and not up. I’m sure it makes the cost of moving up cheaper. I was hopeful he could somehow add another 2nd or 3rd in a trade down, and maybe a gimme 6th or later. Right now, it doesn’t seem likely.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back