PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Corey Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Cools being proven, having pretty good hands, being able to run a full route tree, being able to pick up a new scheme and being (reportedly) a good teammate.

Coleman is a disgruntled version of Bethel Johnson. He can run straight faster than many. That's literally all he's proven he can do in the NFL.
However Bethel never won the Biletnikoff award for being the nation's best receiver.

Todd Haley is a drunken dooch.

Brian Daboll is a sub-standard coordinator.

I think its fair to say Coleman has had ****ty coaching since Day 1.

If anyone can get the most out of him, its BB.

I disagree with your assessment of Daboll. Daboll was next in line here behind McDaniels until he was offered the OC job for Alabama.. Daboll is the one who was adamantly against the Pats drafting Jackson saying that he wouldn't work out in the Pats system. It was McDaniels who said otherwise.

Daboll's issue is his penchant for trying to advance his career. He tried to do that by going with Mangini. And despite that, BB brought him back.. That should tell you a lot about what BB believes is Daboll's abilities. ..

I disagree with your assessment of Daboll. Daboll was next in line here behind McDaniels until he was offered the OC job for Alabama.. Daboll is the one who was adamantly against the Pats drafting Jackson saying that he wouldn't work out in the Pats system. It was McDaniels who said otherwise.

Daboll's issue is his penchant for trying to advance his career. He tried to do that by going with Mangini. And despite that, BB brought him back.. That should tell you a lot about what BB believes is Daboll's abilities. ..
Daboll was never going to be OC here. I think BB liked the guy and I know he got the headset in the preseason but Josh is on a different level.

Looked up some videos of him. Indeed, he seems to only runs 4 routes or something, so we will only see him in the field on some packages

Still, the thing i disliked the most is that he always catches the ball with his body. That really hurts receivers, especially when they need to explore the center of the field.

Meh, he is fast and athletic, so technically everything else can be taught. Problem is, he doesn't seem to be the learning type of guy in this league, so far

Why bother dumpster diving? Just give Bryant a tryout.

There’s literally no universe where Coleman or Fowler are better receivers than Dez.
Bryant IS dumpster diving.

Daboll was never going to be OC here. I think BB liked the guy and I know he got the headset in the preseason but Josh is on a different level.
Agree. Daboll has failed everywhere he has gone as OC aside from being carried (them shown the door) at Alabama.

At least Daboll keeps trying to learn more. After being pretty lackluster OC for the Miami and KC, he came back as TE coach under the best pro coach in the game to learn some more. Then, he branched out and became a College OC for arguably the best college coach in the game, Saban. I didn't think he was a bad OC last year, and after all with him as OC they won the National Championship. Now he wants to give a try at being a Pro OC a try again with the Bills. We'll see. Certainly it will be a challenge, as the Bills offense looks pretty offensive so far this year.

By the Browns who don't exactly have a stellar record with their first round draft choices.
He was going in that range if there were no browns.
The only reason I referenced the draft is hat upside was in the discussion

A quick search reveals that he wasn't even targeted until the 4th quarter, when it was pouring rain... with Tyrod Taylor as his QB.
They threw 40 times. Are you saying it’s a good thing he wasn’t open for 3 quarters?

"Different level" is a gross understatement.

It’s a good plan. I can see belichick laughing like doctor evil. And no one can stop me. Not even. Goodells powers
if such a great signing, why did he wait until after week 1 to snatch him?

I don't think Daboll was next in line and thats also why he left for Alabama. I think Schuplinski would have been the next in line (unless he would have preferred to follow Josh to where ever he went to be OC there). But who knows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes