PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Britt to 2-Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Kraft said no way to Britt three years ago?

I like the move, The kids talented and has been on bad teams with crappy QB's. If he can grasp the playbook, I'm real curious to see how he does with an elite QB like Brady. Could be a real boost at the WR position.

Thought Kraft said no way to Britt three years ago?
He sure did. Granted we dont know the full context of the quotes Kraft made but he did say "That won't happen"

Multiple local sports/news outlets reported Kraft's position at the time...

But team ownerRobert Kraft told the Herald's Ron Borges at the time that he wasn't interested in Britt. “We won't be signing him,” Kraft said. “That won't happen.

What is britts issue that kraft has a problem with? I don’t recall.

Lengthy rap sheet with 9 police "incidents" including giving a friend with a stab wound to the hospital and not cooperating with the popo...
Three plus years ago was right after (year or so) a certain Patriots TE had his own legal problems and the team didn't want to be known as Bengals East.....
Felger & Mazz: Kraft Closes Door On Britt Signing, But Have The Patriots Changed Their Ways?

It was a supposed spousal abuse if I recall.
Myra was the one who wanted nothing to do with those kind of players.

Are you sure? I've seen reports of speeding, eluding police, weed, missing curfew and posting 165K bond for a friend but don't recall DV issues...
I could be wrong, just ask my wife ....................

I don't see anything about that. Seems unlikely her passing caused the change of heart since that happened 3 years before Kraft said he wasn't interested.

... has been on bad teams with crappy QB's.

Slight understatement, perhaps ..

In TEN ... Young, Collins, Hasselback, Locker, Fitzpatrick
With the Rams ... Austin Davis, Foles, Keenum

Rookie Kizer in CLE.

I believe I was incorrect but reading his runs in with the law now I recall.

Low risk, high reward with a 6' 3" deep threat/tall end zone receiver

A few years back he had some amazing speed and good hands. Seems like he was pulling a Blount/Moss in Cleveland after getting his big pay day - almost like he was TRYING to get cut and picked up by the Pats ;)'

One can hope!

Multiple local sports/news outlets reported Kraft's position at the time...

Maybe so Joe but as was puzzingly suggested about the JG trade(that Kraft made the call), Kraft doesn't make the personnel decisions, BB does. Kraft get's to say what the bottom line money policy is or other business items. Otherwise, IMHO, an owner shouldn't make specific comments on player decisions. That's for the football people to decide and he has a very good one in BB.

With Gronk out the Phins clogged Brady's drop and pop target. At that point, if the deep ball throws couldn't be successful, Patriots needed other receiving targets who could beat their coverage in a way that jived with Brady's vision of the field. If Britt can beat the 3 or 4 cover guy on an opposing D then he is needed. Never good thing to overreact to one game but for sure that kind of receiving target was needed in Miami.

I'm guessing this pretty much signals MM's return is not happening?

Believe that Kraft is consulted before a signing or personnel move such as this..

On the other hand not sure if this is going to be effective or not, from my big comfy couch Brady does not seem to notice other receivers.. in the Bills game Dorsett and Hollister were both open and Brady tried to squeeze the ball into another receiver..

Seems more than a few want to compare the signing to Michael Floyd, who caught 4 passes during his "stellar" tenure as a NE Patriot..

2011 was just a bit longer ago than you think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back