PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Britt to 2-Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low risk, high reward with a 6' 3" deep threat/tall end zone receiver

A few years back he had some amazing speed and good hands. Seems like he was pulling a Blount/Moss in Cleveland after getting his big pay day - almost like he was TRYING to get cut and picked up by the Pats ;)'

One can hope!

We need to add Bennett to the Blount/Moss pantheon of guys who quit ****ty teams to come here.

Hate this move. I know I am in the minority, but I would rather lose with decent human beings than win with thugs like him. Also, word is, he has hands of stone. So Brady will likely be ignoring him within 2 weeks anyway.

Anything to help our struggling receivers.
-To see Cooks get completely shutdown was a sight to see.
-Amendola is still our 3rd at best option. (although he IS Mr. clutch catch, but not a 'go-to' guy throughout the game)
-Hogan is clearly not 100%. He was invisible.
-Is MM ever coming back?
-Dorsett has talent, but needs work.

Playing for the Patriots can be a real motivator. I hope it turns out well with Britt.

Anything to help our struggling receivers.
-To see Cooks get completely shutdown was a sight to see.
-Amendola is still our 3rd at best option. (although he IS Mr. clutch catch, but not a 'go-to' guy throughout the game)
-Hogan is clearly not 100%. He was invisible.
-Is MM ever coming back?
-Dorsett has talent, but needs work.

Playing for the Patriots can be a real motivator. I hope it turns out well with Britt.

Cooks has been shutdown the last two weeks. He needs a good game coming up.

i dont expect much from Britt right away, this offense is intense and you cant just hop in towards the end of the season as the team is firing on all cylinders and plug him right in

Im sure they'll design a couple plays for him here and there like they did with Michael Floyd, but maybe by the playoffs if hes smart and committed, he could really help them out as a big bodied WR

Hate this move. I know I am in the minority, but I would rather lose with decent human beings than win with thugs like him. Also, word is, he has hands of stone. So Brady will likely be ignoring him within 2 weeks anyway.
I'd rather win, sorry. There's a lot of 'bad guys' in the NFL. The Patriots have had some before. If he helps us that's great.

I'd rather win, sorry. There's a lot of 'bad guys' in the NFL. The Patriots have had some before. If he helps us that's great.

There are things in life more important than a game.

i dont expect much from Britt right away, this offense is intense and you cant just hop in towards the end of the season as the team is firing on all cylinders and plug him right in

Im sure they'll design a couple plays for him here and there like they did with Michael Floyd, but maybe by the playoffs if hes smart and committed, he could really help them out as a big bodied WR
Hopefully, we don’t see him because it would likely mean that someone was injured. Unless of course, he somehow takes over the WR4 role that Dorsett currently occupies. Like you said, maybe they throw some RZ plays at him and he contributes there.

Another Rutgers graduate who played with McCourty in college. He'll be okay and very grateful to go from a winless team to a contender. It will be interesting to see if there is any chemistry with Brady. He's a big guy who should draw some attention from taller corners giving Cooks some better matchups. I'm hopeful.

There are things in life more important than a game.

Brit getting caught doing his crimes is why you label him a thug. There are countless other players, owners even, on every nfl having their own sins that you don’t know about. At least he got caught and paid his punishments for them.

Hopefully, we don’t see him because it would likely mean that someone was injured. Unless of course, he somehow takes over the WR4 role that Dorsett currently occupies. Like you said, maybe they throw some RZ plays at him and he contributes there.

Hogan didn't seem to be anywhere near 100% Monday night, so we may see Britt in at least a couple of cameo appearances against the Steelers, especially if Britt is a good blocker. I don't know if he is or isn't - not all big WRs are.

I can imagine him subbing in for Hogan in a 4WR set and running an intermediate crosser with Amendola underneath and Cooks and Dorsett taking the top off.

We need some more Routes in our Offense like the Slant - Comeback - Curl and Out...we could add the Dig Route also if the WR is accomplished. That said Brady couldn't connect with Cooks on a Slant don't think that's a good route for him if guys are lurking with his body. But with the Big Bodied Britt he could use his body to his advantage on those Routes, similar to the 2014 LaFell who has a similar stature.

Last edited:

So he is getting around 170k for the rest of this year and we can cut ties with him after the season without it affecting potential comp picks (since it is an option).

Seems like a low risk move..

So he is getting around 170k for the rest of this year and we can cut ties with him after the season without it affecting potential comp picks (since it is an option).

Seems like a low risk move..

Whata deal. That less riskier than buying a pair of jeans on line.

The modest contract Britt signed tells me he really WANTS to be here, which in turn tells me he's going to do everything he can to be begin contributing as early as Sunday.

The modest contract Britt signed tells me he really WANTS to be here, which in turn tells me he's going to do everything he can to be begin contributing as early as Sunday.

It sure helps that the Browns are still paying him.

Brit getting caught doing his crimes is why you label him a thug. There are countless other players, owners even, on every nfl having their own sins that you don’t know about. At least he got caught and paid his punishments for them.

Resisting arrest and driving without a license is bad but, c'mon, driving 71 on a 55mph road and a few unpaid traffic tickets doesn't make you Aaron Hernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back