PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Britt to 2-Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lining up Britt and Gronk next to each other on goal line offense... Yes.

Some say he's a lousy bum but i look at a different angle. Why would he sign for so cheap if he just wants to coast? He has enough money, i'd think. He also went to rutgers so maybe he'll see many familiar faces. If he were a true bum mccourty would have said so.

Hopefully his hands aren't stone like when he plays for a winning team? Playing on a winless team can kind of try your soul, maybe your hands too.

Some say he's a lousy bum but i look at a different angle. Why would he sign for so cheap if he just wants to coast? He has enough money, i'd think. He also went to rutgers so maybe he'll see many familiar faces. If he were a true bum mccourty would have said so.

Hopefully his hands aren't stone like when he plays for a winning team? Playing on a winless team can kind of try your soul, maybe your hands too.
I would think Brady can get the ball to him better then the Jags he was working with.

Brit getting caught doing his crimes is why you label him a thug. There are countless other players, owners even, on every nfl having their own sins that you don’t know about. At least he got caught and paid his punishments for them.

And how many did he
"people who only want to cheer for choir boys" is an issue for me. And the reason is because they almost always are under a false premise, a false premise which is largely summed up with "not even all choir boys are choir boys" (and some portrayed as non choir boys are actually closer to choir boys than is known). Anyone who thinks the Patriots have or do field only players that are "decent human beings" are living in a fool's paradise. They either don't know or don't want to know of the very real underbelly of sports as well as some of the players (and coaches) out on the field/standing on the sideline. But for me it goes even further than that. Some players come from the very roughest places and/or under most difficult upbringing circumstances. What is a "decent human being" will have different meaning to someone raised in circumstances that are, to put it nicely, terribly rough. So maybe their reference point of "decent" isn't the same as yours or mine, does that make them reprehensible that is irredeemable? I don't know much of Britt's actions (just the headlines) but he has done some things that are concerning. Yet to the best of my knowledge he hasn't tied an old lady to the train tracks or burned down an orphanage. So, and admittedly this is subjective and just IMHO, the better story to root for is someone given an opportunity for redemption and succeeds at it. Kind of a 'It's A Wonderful Life' except with law breaking, tackling dummies, touchdowns and an injury list. :)

Regarding laundry versus the player? It's a good philosophical discussion that is far too deep for the amount of, what I'll call, special holiday witch's brew egg nog I've already had :)

Sure, morality is subjective. I mean, there are people who think stealing from WalMart is okay because the company has a lot of money, for example. Other people might think selling drugs to kids is fine. Addressing all the different personal moral codes is pointless. I am talking about what the moral majority considers a decent human being when I talk about Britt being a decent human being. And yes, my personal moral code which happens to align with that.

As for the rest of the Patriots, sure i'm sure there are some bad guys on the team. None of us would have suspected Hernandez was a serial killer. But I can't judge people based on things I don't know about them. It's nonsensical to even consider that.

What I do know is that Britt's rap sheet paints the picture of a guy with a blatant disregard for the rules of society and a massive sense of entitlement. A thug. It makes me feel gross to have to root for a guy like that to have success. The same way it made me sick when Fatass Sullinger was on the Celtics and when we signed Haynesworth.

These kind of signings were not taking place when Myra Kraft was alive. It's completely disrespectful to her memory. It makes me disappointed to see we have stooped to the same level as all the other teams morally. It seems as though we had higher standards when she was alive

And how many did he

Sure, morality is subjective. I mean, there are people who think stealing from WalMart is okay because the company has a lot of money, for example. Other people might think selling drugs to kids is fine. Addressing all the different personal moral codes is pointless. I am talking about what the moral majority considers a decent human being when I talk about Britt being a decent human being. And yes, my personal moral code which happens to align with that.

As for the rest of the Patriots, sure i'm sure there are some bad guys on the team. None of us would have suspected Hernandez was a serial killer. But I can't judge people based on things I don't know about them. It's nonsensical to even consider that.

What I do know is that Britt's rap sheet paints the picture of a guy with a blatant disregard for the rules of society and a massive sense of entitlement. A thug. It makes me feel gross to have to root for a guy like that to have success. The same way it made me sick when Fatass Sullinger was on the Celtics and when we signed Haynesworth.

These kind of signings were not taking place when Myra Kraft was alive. It's completely disrespectful to her memory. It makes me disappointed to see we have stooped to the same level as all the other teams morally. It seems as though we had higher standards when she was alive

This is a business; it's not a choir boys club. I'd rather win a SB with Satan at QB, than lose a key game (AFCCG or SB) with goodie goods.

This isn't disrespectful to Kraft's memory. The Patriots want to do what they've always done: Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back