PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign WR Britt to 2-Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot overstate how much I hate this Signing.

Here's hoping that I've misjudged'm.

I thought the reason Kraft originally didn’t want him was due to assault charges but I haven’t been able to find any?

The way I look at the signing is that I have full trust into our locker room to handle him.. fingers crossed..

I'll be both happy and surprised if he works out.

Is this guy a deep threat? good route runner? what does he bring?

There are things in life more important than a game.
That is true. But football IS a game. So, it’s all about winning. I only cheer for the win - I have no personal affiliation w the Patriots. They don’t “represent me”.

The modest contract Britt signed tells me he really WANTS to be here, which in turn tells me he's going to do everything he can to be begin contributing as early as Sunday.
I'd be shocked if he plays this weekend or next. Maybe he'll suit up, like Reedy did, but I'll be shocked to see him on the field. Right now he's learning a new language (the playbook). Unless the Syracuse offense was similar to the Pat's offense back in the day, and he still remembers, then maybe he'll get in for a few plays, but look how useless Dorsett is, and he's been here 14 weeks. I think this signing is more for next season. I would love if he could contribute though.

Next season, will be season 2 of Cooks, a rehabbed Edelman, a rehabbed Mitchell (if we even ever see him again), Hogan and ?? Dorsett is a big question mark. Amendola's contract is up. I think the offseason will be very interesting once again, may see some WR's and a young QB coming in the draft and/or free agency.

I thought the reason Kraft originally didn’t want him was due to assault charges but I haven’t been able to find any?

One'f the most dangerous threats in the entire game, based on talent, alone.

As a FootBall Player??

A clown on'is good days.

Poison on'is worst.

Mad Bill has sometimes inspired Donkeys and DirtBags to be their better selves.

We can only pray that this proves to be one such case.

What do you care? The Patriots suck, remember? :rolleyes:

The last time the Patriots were a paper tiger playoff team was 09..imo. But they haven't " sucked" since BB's first season.

I am very hard on all of my sports teams ( Bruins, Pats, UCLA Bruins football, and Sox). Then again, I am also hard on my employees and expect greatness.

Resisting arrest and driving without a license is bad but, c'mon, driving 71 on a 55mph road and a few unpaid traffic tickets doesn't make you Aaron Hernandez.

And he served his time and punishment. People that can’t forgive that must be saints and have never done anything bad in their life.

The last time the Patriots were a paper tiger playoff team was 09..imo. But they haven't " sucked" since BB's first season.

I am very hard on all of my sports teams ( Bruins, Pats, UCLA Bruins football, and Sox). Then again, I am also hard on my employees and expect greatness.

I'd say we were pretty fake in 2013, but 2009 was a whole different level of mediocrity.

I'd say we were pretty fake in 2013, but 2009 was a whole different level of mediocrity.

Getting a team with WR's such as Tomkins etc might've been Brady's best work. That said, they would've gotten absolutely demolished by Seattle in that SB.

Oh come on, even local beat reporters accepted that fact. No Gronk, Edelman, mediocer WR's against the Legion of boom? Yikes....

Denver got beat 43-8 with Thomas, Decker, and Julius Thomas...

He's been a bad dude for years. But 1 year removed from 1,000+ yards and price is low. Potential value proposition with Edelman and Mitchell on IR. What's the risk?

Britt's last run-in with law enforcement was in January of 2013, nearly five years ago.

An overview of Kenny Britt's lengthy police record
Not just illegal stiff--although that would be enough for some--also violated team rules just this year (missed curfew). Never a team first sorta guy. And I suggested him as soon as the Brown's released him. Plenty to be concerned about, but 1000 yard receivers do not become available in December on the cheap.

He has become a distraction off-the-field as well. Britt was sent home early after missing curfew prior to the Houston Texans game. He was reportedly out with quarterback DeShone Kizer the night of his trip to the bar.

ESPN's Tony Grossi adds that "Britt has been the ringleader of a group of receivers who occasionally interrupt interviews in the locker room with loud, obnoxious behavior."
Report: Browns feuding over WR Kenny Britt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back