PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bill Belichick owns the Jets

Sorry for the side note, but after what I've dealt with the last year on some unnamed Jets board... I have to say you are a FANTASTIC mod!

Thanks, man. I appreciate that this afternoon.

A semi-longtime poster has been PM'ing me today how much I suck and that I haven't been fair at all to the new Tebow fans who have been coming aboard.

We're all just trying to keep it moving.

Last edited:
1,000 responses on a third string emergency quarterback...

Thanks, man. I appreciate that this afternoon.

A semi-longtime poster has been PM'ing me today how much I suck and that I haven't been fair at all to the new Tebow fans who have been coming aboard.

We're all just trying to keep it moving.

This board is a class act, from the mods to most of the fans. I'm quite the forum-jockey, on all sorts of topics and multiple NFL teams. And this one (with a reasonably small number of exceptions) is full of what I consider normal, friendly folks.

Tip of the cap for the culture that has been cultivated here.

That's the Tebow effect. Of all the personnel moves that BB has made over 13 years, this is the only one that I have truly questioned.

That's the Tebow effect. Of all the personnel moves that BB has made over 13 years, this is the only one that I have truly questioned.

Tebow over Kafka. A controversy for the ages.

Look, Bill is getting on in years...Brady is over 35 now...the future could look very iffy for the fortunes of the franchise without a year in and year out star power signal caller.

Enter Tebow....of all the things pro and con that's been beat to a blood puddle in the streets of Laredo circa 1878, the one thing that COULD keep this franchise on top is IF Tebow can be coached and worked up into even an average NFL quarterback. Say whay you will but this is one player that BRINGS his own fervent fanbase with him. The Pats are in the business to WIN ballgames and go to Super Bowls. They are also in business to MAKE MONEY.

Think into the future with Mallett...what if he bombs...what if the Pats suddenly have a hole at QB? The only way to rectify that is through the draft...in most cases, and surely in the case of the Pats....but, if the T-Bow can be coached up to read defenses and hit receivers in stride in the short game..then Tim Tebow CAN BE that bridge into the next Patriot generation of winning. I genuinely like the kid and I am very intrigued by the off season reports of where/how he is working on his game and with whom. Will it help?? Can he make progress with his arm motion, speed up his release and improve his accuracy? THAT is yet to be seen. I hope he gets plenty of reps in the preseason so the staff can get plenty of film.

One thing Patriot fans KNOW religiously, it's that OUR organization is at the top in teaching and coaching up ANY player, to get the maximum out of that asset. Any of us who have been here from before the BB regime knows this. We KNOW BB did his homework on Tebow before he signed him. These other fans that have come here the past week almost universally open up their participation with "let me tell you Pats fans all about Tim Tebow..."...well, I don't know about any of these other places these fans have frequented, but as far as Pats fans go, WE KNOW everything that you do about Tebow...but even more important, we KNOW our organization will do what is best for Tim Tebow and US, the fans to get the most out of his play and provide us the best product they can field.

I want Tebow to succeed here. I hope he does.

Whew, I needed a lighthearted break from the Hernandez thread ... Oh, wait!

Whew, I needed a lighthearted break from the Hernandez thread ... Oh, wait!

let your ol' pal Joe Kerr cheer you up, Tunes!!! I call this Prometheus-bow...

09_21_12_pm2.jpg

let your ol' pal Joe Kerr cheer you up, Tunes!!! I call this Prometheus-bow...

09_21_12_pm2.jpg

What, he had to change a flat? You'd think he could afford AAA.

This board is a class act, from the mods to most of the fans. I'm quite the forum-jockey, on all sorts of topics and multiple NFL teams. And this one (with a reasonably small number of exceptions) is full of what I consider normal, friendly folks.

Tip of the cap for the culture that has been cultivated here.

dumb+4.jpg

Normal aye. :p

looks like this ***** is a big fan of the T Cravat...

tumblr_miao02TyxT1rm6q1fo1_500.jpg

hey...you can't say puzzy on this site!!!...that's not right...

Correction: non-injured potential tight end without known possibility of incarceration.

OMG!!!! E3 has taken me away from football. I just now found out. AWESOME!!!!!!

LOL @ JETS FANS!

TEBOW!

Things moved fast in this thread and when I think something I wrote is good I'm an attention whore. So here's me quoting me for anybody who missed it. I love me some me.

Q: Bill, Bill, is Tim Tebow sent by God to you as a special gift to New England to show His favor, or maybe to help you recognize and atone for your sins?

A: I feel like, uh, when we looked around out there, uh, things came out as well as we could have expected. Tim came out of a good program, sort of had an up-and-down ride, we'll see what, you know, how he does in camp. We've got 90 guys right now, Tim's one of them.

Q: Bill, is this a statement of the direction the team is going in, away from the old idea that a quarterback throws the football to someone who receives it, like a receiver?

A: Tim is a player that, uh, he was in outstanding program in Florida, was very well-coached in Denver, and uh, Josh, and uh, you know their staff, and he's had some success there, and he's fast, and he's very tough, and he's a good four-down football player, uh, first, second, third, and fourth down. We feel like as far as a pick goes, not using one, that was good value.

Q: Bill, are we looking at life after Tom Brady?

A: 90 guys going into camp. All I'm looking to do is keep 'em alert, keep 'em thinkin', different looks, different situations. Good speed, concentrate on what we're doing, and be ready for the situations. Be ready for anything.

Q: Coach, are you looking to make God a New England fan?

A: Treated us okay so far (laughter.) Just got to do everything better. Throw, catch, get the ball out on time. Take one week at a time, get ready for next week. We've got a lot of work to do. Some plays, you know, whenever you -- when you want a play back, then there are some things you didn't do very well.

Q: Coach, why exactly did you pick up Tebow?

A: Well, you know, as the prince of darkness, when the other guy leaves a player as special as Tim on the ground, jump on the ball. Tim's got a good soul, pure soul, chosen one. Very holy, very tough, looking neither to his left or to his right. God put him on the ground. God's got a good group of players, very well-coached, you know, has had a lot of success in what he does. Just getting ready for the final conflict, turning the pure against him, you know, moon turning blood red, ten-headed dragon coming out of the sea, a couple of other plays we're working on. You're never as good as your best game, never as evil as your most evil one, one conflict at a time. I can't say enough about the Most High, he's on top, and until someone shows they can beat him, you know, it is what it is. That's for you guys to write about. We're just trying to get ready for Buffalo right now.

Dummies

I ,too, would like to address one of my earlier posts...I posted this .jpg and mistakely attributed it to Prometheus-bow....

09_21_12_pm2.jpg

I made a mistake...the mythical being I should have attributed allegorically to Tebow rolling this giant tire is Sisyphus, a figure of Greek mythology who was condemned to repeat forever the same meaningless task of pushing a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again.

My mistake...not that any of you mopes were likely to catch it.......Joker arrogantly stalks away from this topic on way to Ahern- Case Law For Dummies thread......
beatdeadhorse5.gif

We were being polite about your positively Olympian fail, Joker. Don't be narcissistic ;)

Anyway, I thought Tebow flew too close to what he thought was the sun, only to find out it was a 60-watt lightbulb at the top of a vaulted ceiling, and he was just far too taken with his flying ability... Icarus, btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes