PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some folks here fear that "Tebow hysteria" will infect Foxboro and result in him playing quarterback should Brady fall to injury. I put chances of that happening at next to nil.

And even if it did, so what? If Brady gets injured and misses more than a game or two the season is toast anyways.

If Brady gets injured and misses more than a game or two the season is toast anyways.

In this particular case, I probably agree with you, as I consider Mallett a Stiff.

But the 2008 PlayOff Field was extraordinarily weak.

If the drooling, brain-damaged idiots who set the TieBreakers hadn't failed to grasp that Strength Of Schedule is the only TieBreaker, aside from Head To Head, that carries any real weight, we ~ who clearly had the best Year of any AFC East Team in 2008 ~ which is what TieBreakers are supposed to determine ~ would've made the PlayOffs.

And considering that we closed in a fury, that Year...we might very well've Cleared The Table.

*Edited!!*

2008 Season.

Good GOD.

What can I say?? 3 Hours of sleep in the last 48 ~ I may've popped a vessel!!

In this particular case, I probably agree with you, as I consider Mallett a Stiff.

But the 2009 PlayOff Field was extraordinarily weak.

If the drooling, brain-damaged idiots who set the TieBreakers hadn't failed to grasp that Strength Of Schedule is the only TieBreaker, aside from Head To Head, that carries any real weight, we ~ who clearly had the best Year of any AFC East Team in 2009 ~ which is what TieBreakers are supposed to determine ~ would've made the PlayOffs.

And considering that we closed in a fury, that Year...we might very well've Cleared The Table.

Umm.....you wouldn't be talking about the 2008 season, would you?

He meant 2009 winter playoffs

Yyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaah. That's the ticket!! :D

Thanks kindly, Bro, for giving me the Benefit of the Doubt...But I'm afraid I simply had my head up my @$$!!
jester.gif

Yyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaaah. That's the ticket!! :D

Thanks kindly, Bro, for giving me the Benefit of the Doubt...But I'm afraid I simply had my head up my @$$!!
jester.gif

Shampoo, dude.

Shampoo. :D

Last edited:
Mods and forum members , John smith who signed up here and posted Tebow' college stats is a troll from the Denver Broncos forums Who is not a Tebow fan

Just read about it here

Tebow to the Patriots - Page 13

Mods and forum members , John smith who signed up here and posted Tebow' college stats is a troll from the Denver Broncos forums Who is not a Tebow fan

Just read about it here

Tebow to the Patriots - Page 13

I think I know that guy, and he is a Tebow fan. He's a Broncos fan first, but I think he genuinely wishes Tebow well. I think it was just a lark for him to post college stats. Maybe it's what one would call trolling.

I think I know that guy, and he is a Tebow fan. He's a Broncos fan first, but I think he genuinely wishes Tebow well. I think it was just a lark for him to post college stats. Maybe it's what one would call trolling.

Thank you and Ironman44:

He's now banned and his posts are deleted. There is no more trace of him on the board.

Date of Birth July 20, 1983 (29) About HUMCALC
Biography:
fan since 1990, but didn't get to watch games until 2003 because of where I live, finally got directv and football packages Location:
Antioch, IL

Interests:
watching sports, watching dvds, watching tv, reading, playing on my pc, sleeping

Look at the extent of his "interests" - - must be a real "Renaissance Man" :D

Last edited:

You could be right no doubt but he is not a Tebow fan who wants to be part of the community here, he's just trying to get a rise out of members here and that's not cool.

I found it by going to Tebow's former team's forums and seeing what they were saying about the signing.(out of sheer morbid curiosity)

You could be right no doubt but he is not a Tebow fan who wants to be part of the community here, he's just trying to get a rise out of members here and that's not cool.

I found it by going to Tebow's former team's forums and seeing what they were saying about the signing.(out of sheer morbid curiosity)

Get used to it, bud. With the influx of Tebow fans which will continue to sign up here from now until TC (and maybe after) will also come Tebow haters from other teams, or just Tebow haters in general that will be here to troll the guy and team for picking him up. If the Patriots are successful, we'll also get our normal influx of trolls as well. 2013 will be a strange year for this board. We're going to see a lot of new faces on here.

Get used to it, bud. With the influx of Tebow fans which will continue to sign up here from now until TC (and maybe after) will also come Tebow haters from other teams, or just Tebow haters in general that will be here to troll the guy and team for picking him up. If the Patriots are successful, we'll also get our normal influx of trolls as well. 2013 will be a strange year for this board. We're going to see a lot of new faces on here.

Eh. The sun will come up, the sun will go down.......and the Pats will win between 11-14 games this year.

Last edited:
It almost always becomes clear in the first few Posts ~ and usually in the very first ~ if a Poster is intelligent and rational...or not. And you are clearly an articulate and reasonable guy.

But there're a few things that Give Me Pause ~ and might Give Pause to others:

1 ~ Full Moons.

Sorry. :nooo:

2 ~ The Fact that nearly all of your Posts are about Tebow. :eek:

3 ~ The strong Implication that you're only here because of Tebow.
huh.gif

4 ~ The fact that you're extremely careful to not tell us who your Team is.
39.gif

For me, this adds up to a rather enormous

eyebrow-07.jpg

Hey, Ian & Moderators are clearly open minded about letting Fans from other Teams hang out here, and it certainly adds to the quality of discussion ~ as do you. And what you disclose about yourself or your intentions is your Business, and yours, alone...But of course you can't really blame folks for finding it a bit Strange, is all.

Having said all that: Welcome, Sir. :cool:

Fantastic! I am a huge trekkie (and star wars fan also, mostly first trilogy) I will make sure you are the first to know. If Tebow does not even make the team , I would rather stay anonymous and root for my favorite fantasy patriot players and getting tremendous insight from the fans here(I am not a casual fantasy football fan, its higher stakes than the norm) ...no harm no foul...if he does make the team. I will tell you first .

oh and balance of terror ( my favorite original and not saying the pic is from that episode) is the best!.....and if you see it in the enhanced DVD version its lights out!

Fantastic! I am a huge trekkie (and star wars fan also, mostly first trilogy) I will make sure you are the first to know. If Tebow does not even make the team , I would rather stay anonymous and root for my favorite fantasy patriot players and getting tremendous insight from the fans here(I am not a casual fantasy football fan, its higher stakes than the norm) ...no harm no foul...if he does make the team. I will tell you first .

oh and balance of terror ( my favorite original and not saying the pic is from that episode) is the best!.....and if you see it in the enhanced DVD version its lights out!

New signing theory...

I'm your father, Tim.
2008466205.jpg

What can I say... I was in my "Embrace the Hate in 08" phase...

I think what people get upset with is not so much Tebow but it's the same thing people get upset with in politics when (some) evangelicals think people are anti-Christian. It's the "Witnessing". For people who don't know, some denominations believe that they are called to spread the word of Jesus and do so aggressively. This has always been a turn-off for non-Christians and even Christians that don't believe that "Witnessing" should such an overt thing if at all.

What people are guarded against is the thought that somehow Tebow's success is a dream come true for those who see his success as some huge public "Witnessing". The idea that something they love, football, would be turned into a platform for "Witnessing" is nauseating.

Personally, I think Tebow is probably a good kid from all accounts ( I don't personally know him). His football skill at this level is an unknown though. He's had some success but there are lots of question marks. I don't care if he thanks God, Jesus, Allah, or Ganesha for that matter. Let's leave it at that though and not turn this into some "Witnessing" platform for those who would exploit that kind of success. People don't want that door open.

People don't like religion forced upon them in this country and it's immature to think that it's because their anti anything. If someone constantly told you how to raise your kids or how to do your job, you'd be turned off too. It's "Witnessing" that's at the real root of the issue for most people.

......I don't care if he thanks God, Jesus, Allah, or Ganesha for that matter. Let's leave it at that though and not turn this into some "Witnessing" platform for those who would exploit that kind of success. People don't want that door open.

I'd go with Ganesha in this case.

The extra arms/hands thing would be helpful and we haven't had a dominant defensive player for the "Elephant" slot since McGinest.

Jesus and Allah are too humble to rush the passer, God already plays QB for us........and, of course, Beelzebub is on the sidelines rockin' the hoodie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick