PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Showing Serious Interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster (Update: Done)

I think this is it, we have out 4 WRs.
Juju
Thornton
Bourne
Parker

Resources should be spent in other areas.
Like a TE to replace Jonnu in the draft.

Great start to free agency by securing by far the best FA WR. Belichick is on a mission for ring #9.

If there is one there. TE2 isn’t a necessity.
I’d be fine with a 3 WR base. Thornton juju and Bourne sounds better to me than a 2 TE offense.
Mostly need blocking from TE2

Juju easily the best of that bunch.
Independent of which offense, I'd say Lazard is the best. But I like Meyers as the best fit of the three for the 2023 Patriots.

Juju is fine as long as there's a WR1 coming next.

Because he's a Patriot?
I would've preferred Lazard but that's just me
No because he’s the best of the bunch.
Lazard hasn’t produced anything close to what jj has

Many available Darnell Washington is my First choice but Mayer - Kincaid - Musgrave and LaPorta would be fine also I am sure BOB is familiar.

Independent of which offense, I'd say Lazard is the best. But I like Meyers as the best fit of the three for the 2023 Patriots.

Juju is fine as long as there's a WR1 coming next.
Lazard hasn’t produced close to what juju has, not has Meyers.

Unfortunately the only real WR1 level option out there is Hopkins, otherwise it's OBJ who is a fringe 1 or a trade for Jeudy who's still unproven. I don't know. I'd almost rather just keep their current group and draft one of the really good TEs and see how it goes. WRs next year will be better. Spend your cap dollars on Orlando Brown.

Unfortunately the only real WR1 level option out there is Hopkins, otherwise it's OBJ who is a fringe 1 or a trade for Jeudy who's still unproven. I don't know. I'd almost rather just keep their current group and draft one of the really good TEs and see how it goes. WRs next year will be better. Spend your cap dollars on Orlando Brown.
Balance and depth is most important.
With good OL play this WR group will do very well.
I’d rather spent 15 mill or the #1 pick on OL than WR.

I just took by far my best dump of 2023 so far. That HAS to be a sign that Juju is going to ball out for the Pats.
Somebody forgot to flush.
Dislike Do Not Want GIF
:rofl:

Antonio Brown is not a HOF receiver.
AB won't get in because he's such a tool but he was a HOF WR. By the time he got on the field with the Bucs I think he was at 75% of what he was in Pittsburgh where he was the best WR in the NFL 2013 to 2018. He could barely keep it together after that and he had to be heavy managed by teammates while in Tampa Bay. Arians couldn't stand him, never wanted him back, but he gave into Brady who was dreaming of getting the prime AB, which never happened, but AB was still good enough to contribute to a SB winning team. Arians had had enough of AB's antics during the 2021 season and literally told him to **** off. So that's exactly what AB did. In the middle of a game.

Good - much prefer Juju for same $$

Not sure if he will be more productive than Meyers here but he has the potential.

We need a real #1 WR though

Not sure how to feel, but it's definitely a solid signing. He certainly has a much higher top speed than Jakobi (JJSS reached ~20.5mph during his 2 97 yd TDs earlier in his career - not sure Jakobi broke 19mph as a ball carrier ever - Bourne gets up to 20.5mph as well). His injury history doesn't seem to bother me. 6 drops last year not a big deal. Decent/good separation stats. Hopefully works out better than the last SB winning FA WR Pats signed.

I was hoping they'd get 2 WRs in the draft, but that's more of a what's in door #3-it-could-be-a-Veyron-or-most-likely-a-blender.

We probably should all prepare ourselves for the idea that there's a good possibility the WR corps will be Parker/Juju/Bourne/Thornton in 2023.

I can’t believe we brought this clown in. If Brady had a statue at the stadium it would walk away

We probably should all prepare ourselves for the idea that there's a good possibility the WR corps will be Parker/Juju/Bourne/Thornton in 2023.
Please put Parker @ #4 thank you.

Im Not No Way GIF

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes