PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Juju fires back against Breer's explosive knee claim

He said his knee is 100%? I’ll go back and read it.

Okay, I read the article again. “I don’t think my knee is a ticking time bomb,” Smith-Schuster said, responding specifically to the notion it could explode at any point. “If anything, it’s something that’s getting stronger every day.”

Nothing about that says to me his knee is 100%.
He also said:
He detailed a long flight to Japan following the Super Bowl which caused swelling in the knee. He said he needed time to recuperate from that. Ultimately, that forced him out of the Patriots early camps. But he was an active participant during training camp and didn’t miss a day.
“From the clean up surgery, and traveling to Japan after the Super Bowl, I needed some time,” he said. “There was some swelling after a six-hour flight, but it’s good now. It feels great. I haven’t missed practice since (training camp started).

Nothing about that says to me "JuJu Smith Schuster’s knee is a mess, and that thing could explode at any point,"

He also said:
He detailed a long flight to Japan following the Super Bowl which caused swelling in the knee. He said he needed time to recuperate from that. Ultimately, that forced him out of the Patriots early camps. But he was an active participant during training camp and didn’t miss a day.
“From the clean up surgery, and traveling to Japan after the Super Bowl, I needed some time,” he said. “There was some swelling after a six-hour flight, but it’s good now. It feels great. I haven’t missed practice since (training camp started).

Nothing about that says to me "JuJu Smith Schuster’s knee is a mess, and that thing could explode at any point,"
We’re having some communication problems here. Why are you quoting what Breer said in response to what I said? I’m happy he said it feels great, that’s all I want is for him to be 100% and hit that field and kick some ass. He’s not 100% though, which was my point.

We’re having some communication problems here. Why are you quoting what Breer said in response to what I said? I’m happy he said it feels great, that’s all I want is for him to be 100% and hit that field and kick some ass. He’s not 100% though, which was my point.
I'm quoting Breer because the whole thing is about him responding to Breer and you saying it sounded to you like he was still hurt. What part of 'It's good now, I feel great I haven't missed a practice' makes you feel that way? Because he didn't use the actual phrase '100 percent'?

He hasn't missed a practice since returning. What part of that says he's not 100%?

I'm quoting Breer because the whole thing is about him responding to Breer and you saying it sounded to you like he was still hurt. What part of 'It's good now, I feel great I haven't missed a practice' makes you feel that way? Because he didn't use the actual phrase '100 percent'?
Separate what Breer said from what I said. That’s not how I meant it. I opened my original post by saying as much. What makes me feel that way is the part that I quoted multiple times. That his knee is getting stronger. That’s great, his knee is getting stronger. We’re what, 11 days from the start of the season? I’d have much rather heard that his knee is 100%. I’m not over here freaking out saying the sky is falling but I do find it slightly concerning. Are they going to have to limit his snaps as the season goes on? Is he at higher risk to miss any practice or games due to setbacks or additional swelling? How long before someone takes a cheap shot? I’m just over all of the talk of injuries to so many of the teams guys. I want to see what we’ve got when we’re at full strength. Not a patch work offense. These guys need to catch a break.

He hasn't missed a practice since returning. What part of that says he's not 100%?
You mean to tell me guys don’t practice that aren’t 100%? That if his knee is getting stronger doesn’t mean that he isn’t being managed in practice? I hope he is 100% and me being even remotely concerned about it is ridiculous on my part.

You mean to tell me guys don’t practice that aren’t 100%? That if his knee is getting stronger doesn’t mean that he isn’t being managed in practice? I hope he is 100% and me being even remotely concerned about it is ridiculous on my part.
If a projected starter isn't 100% in preseason, he's not going to be practicing, no.

If your knee swells up after a long flight, is it not messed up? My knees don't swell up after 10hrs of flight.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it did "well". I would say it ended up being a bizarre result of an unintended social experiment.
Lol we all know how it goes.
Positive article from local (or formerly local) writer: "Great article I agree!"
Negative article from local (or formerly local) writer: "What a hack! He doesn't know anything!" Followed by personal insults and things that have nothing to do with what the writer reported.

Lol we all know how it goes.
Positive article from local (or formerly local) writer: "Great article I agree!"
Negative article from local (or formerly local) writer: "What a hack! He doesn't know anything!" Followed by personal insults and things that have nothing to do with what the writer reported.
Sometimes?

Not in this case though. I'd believe some of the fever dreams from some of the posters here, before I believed anything Bert Breer said. At least the posters here might have overheard something at the Cumby's in North Attleboro.

Sometimes?

Not in this case though. I'd believe some of the fever dreams from some of the posters here, before I believed anything Bert Breer said. At least the posters here might have overheard something at the Cumby's in North Attleboro.
I agree that Bert is probably talking out of his a** but I don't know what him getting a DUI 10 years ago has anything to do with him talking about Juju's knee.

Here's the annoying thing:

If Juju stays totally healthy for 3 years, Breer can brush it off by saying he only reported the knees *could* explode.

If Juju misses any time at all these next 3 years, Breer gets to play the "I told you so" card.

Peak ****ty journalism.

That's been Breer since he left New England, in all honesty.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back