PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Juju fires back against Breer's explosive knee claim

I think the problem (usually) is just the need for provocative language. It's easier than ever to get your voice out there, which makes it harder than ever to be heard through all the noise. So Breer has a report that basically says something like, "JuJu is still working back from his knee injury" and if he just tweeted that, everyone would forget it in 2 milliseconds.

But when you use words like "mess", it sticks. There's usually a grain of truth in these things, but they get blown WAY up because a 24 hour sports news cycle is a fat rat that can't ever get enough cheese.

I think given the time missed and Breer's comments, that there is reason to believe JuJu's knee is not 100%, and may never be.
prudent to hang onto the 2 rookies and Thornton, given Parkers injury history and now JuJu's potential knee.
I had speculated that Thornton might have been a candidate to be exposed, but given the situation with JuJu/Parker, potential injury issues, Pats did the wise thing and exposed other players, not WR's.

I think given the time missed and Breer's comments, that there is reason to believe JuJu's knee is not 100%, and may never be.
prudent to hang onto the 2 rookies and Thornton, given Parkers injury history and now JuJu's potential knee.
I had speculated that Thornton might have been a candidate to be exposed, but given the situation with JuJu/Parker, potential injury issues, Pats did the wise thing and exposed other players, not WR's.
Yeah, like others have said, Breer could have put it more accurately (as you did) as "Juju has had knee issues in the past, so the Pats would be wise to have some other options in case it becomes an issue this season." But, of course, that doesn't make as many waves as "could explode at any time."

But yeah, I think they like both rookies and were smart to protect them.

Let’s hope Ju Jus knee holds up.
The way he explained it if true sounds like no problem.
If our dr cleared him and he’s not good something needs to be addressed.
If we offered him the contract without checking the knee it’s on BB and the front office.

Let’s hope Ju Jus knee holds up.
The way he explained it if true sounds like no problem.
If our dr cleared him and he’s not good something needs to be addressed.
If we offered him the contract without checking the knee it’s on BB and the front office.
There's no way the Pats would have signed off on that contract without doctors checking on the knee. We saw that the Pats cancelled the deal with the Titans' NT specifically because his knee issue didn't fly with the doctors.

But yeah, I think they like both rookies and were smart to protect them.

I think this is the key right here. If Boutte and Douglas didn't look like NFL players, I don't think they would have kept them just because of JuJu's knee. They earned their spots in camp.

The only positive here is that it seemed to bother JuJu - as it should.
So, if he's motivated to prove that he's not washed up, or dangling around on one knee - then all the better for us.

But, I mentioned this last week... It's certainly concerning about his and Parker's recent injury issues.
And Parker missed practice again yesterday.
Assuming 1 of those guys is not going to last all year, at least miss games, along with TT being made of glass, we're going to be counting on 2 rookies for a major part of our pass game. Let's hope they break out!

The only positive here is that it seemed to bother JuJu - as it should.
So, if he's motivated to prove that he's not washed up, or dangling around on one knee - then all the better for us.

But, I mentioned this last week... It's certainly concerning about his and Parker's recent injury issues.
And Parker missed practice again yesterday.
Assuming 1 of those guys is not going to last all year, at least miss games, along with TT being made of glass, we're going to be counting on 2 rookies for a major part of our pass game. Let's hope they break out!

Henry and Gesicki staying healthy would be a big help as well. It'd be a lot easier to rely on the rookies in a rotation with Bourne and whichever of Parker/JuJu is available in a given week if we're running a lot of 2-TE sets.

Breer is a ****ty reporter. Anything he says/writes is questionable. He has no value.

He is no better than what we all write here....which is speculative, worthless and for entertainment only.

Very irresponsible reporting by Breer. He says he thinks it will explode just because.

Irresponsible reporting and fear mongering perhaps but JuJu’s response didn’t make me feel all that much better. He didn’t come right on out and say “Dudes full of ****!” instead he went into some detail about his knee issues and said its getting stronger by the day. Sounds like he isn’t 100% to me, which the argument could be made that no NFL player is ever 100%. Slightly concerning though considering the lack of quality depth at the position.

It was a good response, but it’s unfortunate that this came up in the first place. Breer was way out of line here.
but here's the thing about the state of sports reporting. There are no CONSEQUENCES for being wrong for these guys. Now Breer is on record about JJ's knee. Now and for the full season if ANYTHING goes wrong with JJ's knee, Breer can take a bw and take credit, regardless of whether it's because of the precondition. But if nothing goes wrong, the bad reporting gets ignored and life goes on. For Christ Sakes, Tomasi and Volin still have JOBS. You can pretty much claim anything these days and if you lie long and loudly enough you can make a lot of people believe it.

BTW- the best evidence of the state of JJ's knee is his practise participation. If the knee had ANY lingering effects the Pats would "managing" his participation, which is what they did in the spring. But so far JJS (we already have or had a JJ, so this will be a better acronym) during TC I don't remembering missing any days for "management purposes". So in THIS case I think you can believe the player, and in my mind Breer (who I generally like) loses credibility

Last edited:
Irresponsible reporting and fear mongering perhaps but JuJu’s response didn’t make me feel all that much better. He didn’t come right on out and say “Dudes full of ****!” instead he went into some detail about his knee issues and said its getting stronger by the day. Sounds like he isn’t 100% to me, which the argument could be made that no NFL player is ever 100%. Slightly concerning though considering the lack of quality depth at the position.
Shrug. I appreciated the honesty about an injury, which we don't get very often.

I think Bourne, Boutte and DeMario are the quality depth. We don't usually carry six WRs. I feel better about our WRs this year.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back