PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Showing Serious Interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster (Update: Done)

D Parker needs to go he's too underwhelming need better for an outside Receiver.

If we get hopkins i can see moving on from parker to save some cash. They kinda do the same thing contested catches downfield with hopkins adding a bit more

We're probably done but I don't think it's enough firepower.
I could see upgrading Parker though since he has no dead money and is in his last year. First year cap hit -$6 mill makes the replacement affordable and if you cut Parker that’s the only spot to use the savings.

If we get hopkins i can see moving on from parker to save some cash. They kinda do the same thing contested catches downfield.
But Hopkins can actually do it and the Parker can't Hopkins is a superior WR.

The real twist is Bill pays him more money than Jakobi. I had resistance discussing this before, but Schuster is a way better WR than Meyers. However, he's not a #1 guy.

Aren’t they both $33/3?

Happy to have John Smith on board.

Juju made his name in PITT, the guys has performed like a number 1 before he's had production... something to feel good about we finally got a WR worthy of at least garnering attention... still more to come..
When a hall of famer is taking double teams he can light it up. Post AB he has been pretty average.

When a hall of famer is taking double teams he can light it up. Post AB he has been pretty average.

Who is the Hall of Famer?

The Jets gave Allen Lazard 4 years, $44 mil. All these similar WRs getting $11 mil per. Of Meyers, Juju, and Lazard I would have preferred keeping Meyers but I prefer Lazard over Juju. Ideally I was hoping they would re-sign Meyers and sign Lazard (who's got great size).

TE's Schultz and Gesicki are still available. Although, Schultz is reportedly talking with the Chargers. I want the Patriots to got after one of these two (preferably Schultz first).

That's a weird way to look at it. Kelce had more receptions (110) than the next three non-RB options behind Meyers (Agholor, Henry, and Parker - 107) combined.
Chiefs also had Hardman (Pats should grab him for the right $$$), Moore, and then Toney added, as well, and schemed the latter two into decent roles.
I don’t know what’s weird about it. Juju had a great TE drawing coverage and a hall of fame QB and his numbers weren’t much better than Jakobi. Meyers had a second year QB, no OC, TEs who disappeared, and no other consistent offensive threats around him and still produced reasonably well. Juju without AB as the opposite receiver has been pretty average and on top of it he’s annoying.

Happy to have John Smith on board.
Ditto but you're about 40 years late. He was a kicker for the Patriots and his last year was in 1983.

We're probably done but I don't think it's enough firepower.
Canadian Yes GIF by CBC

The Jets gave Allen Lazard 4 years, $44 mil. All these similar WRs getting $11 mil per. Of Meyers, Juju, and Lazard I would have preferred keeping Meyers but I prefer Lazard over Juju. Ideally I was hoping they would re-sign Meyers and sign Lazard (who's got great size).

TE's Schultz and Gesicki are still available. Although, Schultz is reportedly talking with the Chargers. I want the Patriots to got after one of these two (preferably Schultz first).
Juju easily the best of that bunch.

Antonio Brown.

Antonio Brown is not a HOF receiver. He had a few amazing years, but he would have had to have a bunch more to be in the conversation. The waiting line at WR for the Hall is pretty long.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back