PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Showing Serious Interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster (Update: Done)

When a hall of famer is taking double teams he can light it up. Post AB he has been pretty average.
Wholeheartedly agree, randy moss did that for Wes for years and Wes put up all pro level numbers year in and out..

You still have to make the plays though and he did that.. his best year he put up 1,400 plus yards.. he's been Injured since then.. he had a great year last season he was KCs best WR.

They're some chaos going on in that organization right now. And both teams are...hold on, I'll check the standings...

0-0 right now and the draft hasn't happened, it's still anyone's division by my estimation.

But if you want to move on to 2024, be my guest.
Enjoy your delusions that we are going to contend, by all means.

AB 2013-2018: 4x 1st team all pro, 1x 2nd team all pro, 6x pro bowl, 3x top 3 OPOY

AB had the equivalent of an entire elite career inside of a 6-year span. As it is he's still top 25 all time in receptions, yards, and TDs. And he has a ring. He belongs in the HOF as one of the best WRs to ever play the game.

Wow, 6X time pro bowler, that’s some heavy qualifications.

What is relevant is 4 All Pro’s, which is dominance, and no one would argue he wasn’t amazing for a short period of time, which is wha 4 years is in HOF terms. The stats have to be adjusted for the era, just as Bledsoe’s were. Had he had 4 more years of his best he would be in 1st ballot, as things stand he was just an amazing WR for about 6 years.

Honestly I think he should have done more in that offense. To me he’s about on part with Jakobi but he’s also an a*shole.

Because he made some social media videos? When he was 23?

The guy competes on the field.....thinking he'll keep his mouth a little tighter in this locker room

BB has wanted him for awhile now

They're some chaos going on in that organization right now. And both teams are...hold on, I'll check the standings...

0-0 right now and the draft hasn't happened, it's still anyone's division by my estimation.

But if you want to move on to 2024, be my guest.
In my lil ol humble opinion based on last season.. Jete have been the only team to make Allen look like a JAG QB..

You could take Drew Bledsoe’s numbers and make a similar case, but Bledsoe wasn’t a HOF QB, and Brown isn’t a HOF WR.
WTF!?! Bledsoe and Antonio Brown somehow in a comparison? Apologies to all 1990's Patriots fans, but Bledsoe was NEVER a consideration as a HOF type QB. He led the NFL in passing yards 1 season while also leading the league in INTs (so much for the good news). Somehow he was a 4x pro bowler but he never won any other accolades. And he was a train wreck is the postseason (it's too ugly to detail).

This comp doesn't work. At all.

I’m more concerned with lack of weakness and having effective players all over the field that superstar power.
Teams that are the strongest in their area of weakness win more and more consistently than teams that are the strongest in their area of strength.
The problem is we don't have any star power anywhere. If we had 1-2 i'd agree.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it smells like BB gambled again and lost.
They're almost the same player, and considering Meyers far better attitude and built-chemistry, Meyers was worth more to keep.
All this means is that BB was playing his typical cold-shoulder hardball, and Meyers called his bluff and left.
Then, the Pats got shocked (again!) and had to pay more than they wanted for the next best guy.
ANOTHER INEPT FUMBLE BY BB THE GM.
You have zero evidence to back up your biased, and likely incorrect, theory but you do you. If the Wells Report was a post on this site, it would be your post.

Next time just stop at the bolded print.

This can't be the big splash. juju isn't striking fear into opposing teams. This is a lateral move from Meyers to save Kraft a few bucks because his $21million is "earned" instead of "guaranteed"
Agreed!!! A lateral move for a better version of him..I believe something else is up.. however Juju is someone that DC can't just ignore..

Add Quentin Johnson in the draft and we good?

WTF!?! Bledsoe and Antonio Brown somehow in a comparison? Apologies to all 1990's Patriots fans, but Bledsoe was NEVER a consideration as a HOF type QB. He led the NFL in passing yards 1 season while also leading the league in INTs (so much for the good news). Somehow he was a 4x pro bowler but he never won any other accolades. And he was a train wreck is the postseason (it's too ugly to detail).

This comp doesn't work. At all.

The comparison is in terms of career numbers as an indicator of dominance. Bledsoe put up great career numbers, but few consider him HOF worthy. And the same goes for all players of this era, where stats accumulate much faster in a scoring happy league. You can worship AB all you want, I think he was exceptional for a shorter term, but not all time great worthy,

Like the upgrade over Myers. They are probably drafting a wr and they are done. Likely in rounds 2 through 4.

So we're strictly looking at numbers when it fits your argument?

Look, we know what Meyers looks like with Mac, in whatever offense they were rolling out over the last two seasons, and it was pretty solid. Juju is a bit of a headcase who's also had some injury problems. And he hasn't been the same explosive player he was since 2018. I like Lazard, he's a bigger target, and I think there's some untapped potential there.
I am judging players by what they produce on the field.
There is no “argument” to fit.
Of course when you ask me how I rate players and then why the why is going to support my ratings, because it how i arrived at them.

He was unbelievably good for a 6 year run, but guys who did that for 10!are just now getting in. I would take Steve Smith over him every time
AB: 146 Games, 83 TDs, 607 1D, 13.2 Y/R, 84.2 Y/G, 66.0 Catch%
SS: 219 Games, 81 TDs, 648 1D, 14.3 Y/R, 67.3 Y/G, 59.0 Catch%

Antonio Brown was a better WR than Steve Smith.

Trade up to get him, and then I'm excited for 2023. Alternatively, trade down and take Zay and I'm intrigued.
Catches with his body too much. Not even close to being a talent you’d trade up for.

Fellowship of the realistic. If we somehow end up with Lamar Jackson then sure we can contend. But short of that, nah.
The realistic take is that they're not even close to playing Game 1 of the season. Anything could happen between now and then. The Pats could kill it in the draft and get several players that can help this season and Mac thrives under the tutelage of BoB. Allen could get a season ending injury in training camp and then the Bill would likely be out of contention. You don't know. I don't know. But I'd rather take the positive-leaning road with the team's prospects this year.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back