PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Showing Interest in former WR Phillip Dorsett

Just thinking through it, if you acquire a guy who costs $20M a year and his year 1 cap hit is around $6M, you cut or trade Parker OR Bourne (didn't say both - let's say they keep Bourne) and save about $6M this year on the cap, so your costs are a wash this year. Then you have New #1 Guy, Bourne, Thornton left on your roster for the same price as you were gonna pay Parker, Bourne and Thornton, but you still need a solid 4th guy. Enter Dorsett who only costs you probably $1M. You could keep Parker instead but that's an extra $5M that could go to one or two other important players.

Circling back on WRs just thought I'd mention that Myers is represented by Rosenhouse sports... drew Rosenhouse..
... in other words... he gone!!!!!

The Patriots are stocking up on 4th WRs! Hey who needs a WR1 when you can field a team full of WR4s! BB zigging, when the rest of the league is zagging! :haha: *smh*
BB is trying to get Kraft to fire his axx.

Next BB will go Gorge Costanza and tow a Lombardi behind his Lexus around Krafts office at Gillete.

BB is trying to get Kraft to fire his axx.

Next BB will go Gorge Costanza and tow a Lombardi behind his Lexus around Krafts office at Gillete.
LOL, I can picture BB dressed up as the "Soup Nazi" in terms of getting WR talent for this team saying to the fans, "No SOUP for you!!!"
1678746993077.jpeg

Last edited:
Circling back on WRs just thought I'd mention that Myers is represented by Rosenhouse sports... drew Rosenhouse..
... in other words... he gone!!!!!
Nah Bill does deals with Rosenhaus all the time. I usually have more confidence when they have Rosenhaus as an agent.

We need camp bodies, PS players and players in case of injury.

Is he that much worse than our current #4 and #5, Webb and Nixon?

Let's be real. We have 3 WR's. We usually carry 3 or 4. One usually gets injured in camp.
===========
Check back. How many WR's do we usually bring to Training Camp? 7? 8? 9?
==========
I expect us to trade for a #1 WR, draft a prospect in the 3rd or 4th (or/and the 6th) and sign another low level free agent or two (like Dorsett).

jacoby brissett for phillip dorsett has to be the okayest trade in nfl history

Nah Bill does deals with Rosenhaus all the time. I usually have more confidence when they have Rosenhaus as an agent.
Idk Ross, we know RK isn't going to pay 12-15 million

I love the title of this thread..."former WR Phillip Dorsett". Sounds about right.

The Patriots are stocking up on 4th WRs! Hey who needs a WR1 when you can field a team full of WR4s! BB zigging, when the rest of the league is zagging! :haha: *smh*
Looking at Dorsett has EXACTLY zero to do with the fact that we need a #1 WR. Looking and signing Dorsett will have no effect on the search for a #1. If Dorsett signs tomorrow, he would be our #4 (replacing Webb or Nixon) and would be the #5 when we get a #1 or even someone to compete for the top number of reps. Dorsett would also become #4 again if there is an injury and he could beat out any additional signees.

Last edited:
Now that's how you respond to Rodgers to Jets.

This is a sarcastic post.
How many rings for each player ? And before you say Dorsett was riding coattails, Rodgers wasn’t the key contributor either.

How many rings for each player ? And before you say Dorsett was riding coattails, Rodgers wasn’t the key contributor either.
You know, you're absolutely right.

Dorsett = Aaron Rodgers.

Silly me.

Phil's awesome

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes