PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Showing Interest in former WR Phillip Dorsett

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Hopefully just doing some due diligence:

Yeah, hopefully last resort kind of thing, or an Eric Decker situation where it wouldn't hurt cap-wise if he didn't make it out of camp. Pros, they know him. Cons, they know him...

They sign him and watch this board implode with hate.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
The Pats let him walk three years ago because he was decent, but nothing special as a #4 WR. Why would they want him back now?
I prefer Agholor back...ducks out of the way. :rofl:
Hide Reaction GIF by flor

You can't believe anything reports of team x being interested this time of year. It's lying season.

Dorsett has zero value coming off injury, his agents are trying to drum up interest.

In 2018 he caught everything that was thrown at him...it was impressive.

In 2018 he caught everything that was thrown at him...it was impressive.

Made a big catch in the playoffs too if I recall. But for some context, he was usually the last option whenever he was on the field. You had Edelman, Gronk, and White who were almost ALWAYS options 1, 2, and 3. Then you also had Chris Hogan and Josh Gordon (for the early part of the year). Plus Patterson, though his role wasn't huge on offense. Point being, he was usually matched up with the Myles Bryant equivalent of most opponent's defenses. He came up when he had to, but that's about the only way he was ever productive in his career.

Made a big catch in the playoffs too if I recall. But for some context, he was usually the last option whenever he was on the field. You had Edelman, Gronk, and White who were almost ALWAYS options 1, 2, and 3. Then you also had Chris Hogan and Josh Gordon (for the early part of the year). Plus Patterson, though his role wasn't huge on offense. Point being, he was usually matched up with the Myles Bryant equivalent of most opponent's defenses. He came up when he had to, but that's about the only way he was ever productive in his career.
Oh I agree. Was just mentioning the only redeeming factor he brought to the wide receiver room.

I’d be surprised if there’s any more to this than someone doing someone else a favor.

I know he and ty law are related.. however ty has bragging rights.. he has more TDs in his illustrious career than dorsett..
Interesting. I never knew they were related.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back