PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumoured Landing Spot For Andy Dalton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill would certainly be interested in a guy that **** the bed in 75% of the big games he’s played in.

???

Trading away Cutler was, without question, the right move.
In hindsight Cutler never ended up being a great QB but he was trending upward at the time of the trade. Even still I’d take Cutler over Tebow 100 times out of 100.

I guess I’m the only one who wouldn’t really mind this. I’d rather them go with Stidham, but Dalton for a prove it year wouldn’t be bad, in my opinion. He has some talent but he was in a horrible system and with a horrible organization. If anyone can bring out talent, it’s Bill.

I disagree. The guy freezes up in the limelight. Always. Night games, primetime games and playoff games. He doesn't have it.

I disagree. The guy freezes up in the limelight. Always. Night games, primetime games and playoff games. He doesn't have it.
In fairness, a big part of the “it he didn’t have” included competent coaching, competent team building, and law abiding teammates.

In fairness, a big part of the “it he didn’t have” included competent coaching, competent team building, and law abiding teammates.

Dalton freezes under the limelight. If all of his games were at 1pm he'd have a better record.

Playoff game, forget it.

If Brady isn't the answer then roll with Stidham.

From Tom Brady to...Andy Dalton

giphy.gif

If Belichick or anybody sincerely thinks that there is a better QB option than Brady out there then they should be sent to an insane asylum. The Patriots need Brady, Brady doesn’t need the Pats.

If we got Andy Dalton to replace Brady he'd just be a scapegoat to buy us time. It won't take long for the fans to turn on him. It wouldn't be pretty

He would have zero success here. He's a proven loser and wouldn't be able to handle the Boston sports environment. He should go to Chicago where he belongs

The world is coming to an end.

The dynamics of this board are going to change drastically when Brady leaves. suicide prevention hot line.1-800-273-8255

Agent driven rumor that has no semblance of truth.

Brady might leave.
Andy Dalton might sign with N.E.
Brady might stay.
Brady might leave, and another veteran QB might sign with N.E.
Brady might leave, and Stidham (or somebody else's untried youngster) might be the QB.

These are not rumors. These are facts. Unfortunately, all of our facts contain the word "might."

The second of these statements is the topic of this thread.

It was the case before this thread was posted. It will be the case until any of these possibilities, or some other possibility, cause probabilities to go away as they are replaced by eventual facts.

This post could be used as a substitute for all present threads regarding the offseason, although granted, that's not any fun.

Reason and fandom are poor bedfellows. There are moments (with or without beer) that I still scream at the games on TV, or sometimes, that I type in all caps on here while a game is on.

I finally realized that the reasoning side of my mind longs for control of variables I have nothing to do with, driving me to try to pretend to know what I do not know.

It's fun, until you think about what you're doing LOL... A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for.

This makes complete sense, if he is willing to play for vet minimum and they are looking to release the entire roster, clear out 199 million in cap space, and want to get the first pick next draft. Otherwise it would be the worst decision of Belichick’s career.

Brady might leave.
Andy Dalton might sign with N.E.
Brady might stay.
Brady might leave, and another veteran QB might sign with N.E.
Brady might leave, and Stidham (or somebody else's untried youngster) might be the QB.

These are not rumors. These are facts. Unfortunately, all of our facts contain the word "might."

The second of these statements is the topic of this thread.

It was the case before this thread was posted. It will be the case until any of these possibilities, or some other possibility, cause probabilities to go away as they are replaced by eventual facts.

This post could be used as a substitute for all present threads regarding the offseason, although granted, that's not any fun.

Reason and fandom are poor bedfellows. There are moments (with or without beer) that I still scream at the games on TV, or sometimes, that I type in all caps on here while a game is on.

I finally realized that the reasoning side of my mind longs for control of variables I have nothing to do with, driving me to try to pretend to know what I do not know.

It's fun, until you think about what you're doing LOL... A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for.

You May Be Right (Billy Joel straight up steal parody)

Friday night I crashed your party
Saturday I said I’m sorry
Sunday came and trashed me out again
I was only having fun
Wasn’t hurting anyone
And we all enjoyed the weekend for a change

They’ve been stranded out of the end zone
I walked through the Pats HOF alone
Even walked Route 1 in the rain
And you told me not to care
But I really can’t stand it
So you said that only proves that I’m insane

You may be right
I just love Brady
And it just may be the QB we’re looking for
Turn off your phone
Don’t watch BSPN
We all may be wrong for all we know
But you may be right

Remember how you found me there
Passed out in the man cave chair
I told you draft day trades until you cried
Impatient for the guy
That will make me want to smile
Towards future playoff games for a while

Now think of all the years you tried to
Find someone to satisfy you
That QB might be as good as you say
You still have to trust BB
Because he always puts team first
And with parity it’s the only way to play

You may be right
It may not be Brady
But it may just be the QB you’re looking for
It’s too late for Gronk
It’s too late for Thuney
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right

You may be right
It may be Brady
He just may be the QB we’re looking for
Turn off the tv
Don’t try to play me
You may be wrong be for all I know
You may be right
You may be wrong but you may be right
ad infinitum

The Pats will need a Vet QB after Brady leaves for Tennessee.

Id rather have Dalton than Mariota.

Colts, Patriots named as potential landing spots for Andy Dalton - ProFootballTalk

giphy.gif
If the unthinkable happens and Brady signs elsewhere, I could actually see it. Dalton is not bad. When he's had a decent team around him he's known what to do with it. He's a decent buy-low proposition if you think he can get back to earlier career numbers with a proper organization around him rather than the Bungles.

Not even Brady would have a winning record on the recent editions of the Bengals.

If the unthinkable happens and Brady signs elsewhere, I could actually see it. Dalton is not bad. When he's had a decent team around him he's known what to do with it. He's a decent buy-low proposition if you think he can get back to earlier career numbers with a proper organization around him rather than the Bungles.

Not even Brady would have a winning record on the recent editions of the Bengals.

The problem is Dalton is a known commodity and while he is pretty much the definition of "league average QB" it's pretty clear he isn't anything more than that. With younger veteran guys like Bridgewater, Mariota, or Winston you'd be taking a shot on unrealized potential with a change of scenery, or with Newton you're gambling he returns to some semblance of his MVP form. Dalton gives you none of that upside at the same cost.

The problem is Dalton is a known commodity and while he is pretty much the definition of "league average QB" it's pretty clear he isn't anything more than that. With younger veteran guys like Bridgewater, Mariota, or Winston you'd be taking a shot on unrealized potential with a change of scenery, or with Newton you're gambling he returns to some semblance of his MVP form. Dalton gives you none of that upside at the same cost.
Not to mention the pick to get him.
For me its Mariota Bortles Tannenhill or Stidham and a rookie.
Pipe dream is Trade for Jimmy G or Foles.

I don’t buy Josh being some sort of quarterback whisperer. He traded away a capable QB for one of the absolute worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen start a football game in Denver. Then he didn’t do much leading Sam Bradford to arguably his worst season as a Ram.

Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow have the same number of playoff wins.

Josh basically traded a mediocre QB for another mediocre QB + 2 1st round picks. That is a great trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back