PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Rumoured Landing Spot For Andy Dalton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariota was a decent QB prior to 2018. I bet Josh can turn back the clock on him. And he's only 26.
I’m not here to sing the praises of Dalton, but “he’s no Mariota” isn’t the argument that will convinced me we shouldn’t bring him in.

If the Pats were smart the would require all STH invoices due by Tuesday.

A lot are waiting on this decision but hey..if you're on the waitlist you could start to move up fast here soon!

...can't believe this. Belichick is trying to salvage the Sanu 2nd round trade by bringing in the red rifle and resurrect the the DaltonSanu connection back up and prove BB the GM didnt waste the pick. Just so selfish

I really don’t want this, but I know there will be a clown or two around here who’ll disown their fandom if we make this move.

Colts, Patriots named as potential landing spots for Andy Dalton - ProFootballTalk

giphy.gif
Al Bundy is a f***ing legend!

It’s actually not the worst idea. Stud-arm, Dalton & a draft pick...assuming they don’t keep Kessler.

He’s a FA. Lol.

Correction: he’s not.

Last edited:
It’s actually not the worst idea. Stud-arm, Dalton & a draft pick...assuming they don’t keep Kessler.

Cincinatti should be giving us draft picks to take him and paying half his salary. Trade for Andy Dalton? Please...I’ll give them a 8th round pick.

Mariota was a decent QB prior to 2018. I bet Josh can turn back the clock on him. And he's only 26.
I don’t buy Josh being some sort of quarterback whisperer. He traded away a capable QB for one of the absolute worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen start a football game in Denver. Then he didn’t do much leading Sam Bradford to arguably his worst season as a Ram.

Hmm. Maybe they really are planning on tanking for a year if Brady goes elsewhere.

I guess I’m the only one who wouldn’t really mind this. I’d rather them go with Stidham, but Dalton for a prove it year wouldn’t be bad, in my opinion. He has some talent but he was in a horrible system and with a horrible organization. If anyone can bring out talent, it’s Bill.

At some point years ago he was considered a good QB in this league but after so many years of suckage I'm afraid his mental has gone down to the point of no return.

That said I can't believe how many of you here are high on Mariota, the guy is a terrible, awful QB.

I don’t buy Josh being some sort of quarterback whisperer. He traded away a capable QB for one of the absolute worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen start a football game in Denver. Then he didn’t do much leading Sam Bradford to arguably his worst season as a Ram.

???

Trading away Cutler was, without question, the right move.

Honestly, you all are delusional if you think the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl this year without Brady. Mariota, Dalton, or Stidham...it doesn't matter. none of them will lead us to a title. If you put a gun to my head though, I'd probably take Mariota on a short term deal and hope McD can turn him into something decent, allowing Stidham more time to develop. Mariota was not bad in 2016 and 2017. Perhaps a change of scenery and better coaching will do the trick.

Anyone but Dalton please.
Is the hamma Ryan Mallett still around

That said I can't believe how many of you here are high on Mariota, the guy is a terrible, awful QB.

Correct. We should see if Mahomes is available.

I really don’t want this, but I know there will be a clown or two around here who’ll disown their fandom if we make this move.
Phillip Rivers would be a big test for me.

Ouch this is going to be horrible.

We're very spoiled after 20 years of Brady. We could easily scoff at least 28 other starting quarterbacks (and arguably 31). We may very well go through a couple decades of Andy Daltons here. It's going to be very interesting to see how certain posters react to the post-Brady era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back