PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots officially sign Jamie Collins

He hasn't, actually. He's getting tackle numbers like Monty Beisel / Gary Guyton 2.0.
The best way to probably see this is look up highlight videos not of the pats, but look at the week1 Dolphins highlight video, week2 Jets video, week3 Saints video. Bentley misses guys all over the place and takes bad angles.

Why do you think his snap count keeps going lower and lower every game? I'm glad Van Noy is back and him plus Hightower are slowly getting their legs back. But just go get Collins, that gives the team 4 vets plus Uche, then go find a big fat NT to fix the defensive line.

Bentley has been their best LB this year. He has not been their problem. I don’t recall Hightower making a single notable or impactful play this year. He has been invisible. Van Noy obviously missed the Jets game but when he has played has been inconsistent.

Collins disappeared in the second half of the year in 2019 but now that he has been cut and is not going to cost much from a salary standpoint I would be in favor of signing him. I think he still has fans in Belichick and Patricia and remains close with several veteran players, so I would think that the Pats should be the odds on favorite to sign him.

Can't believe I just saw that he was released by the Lions. Not sure if there is any room for him, but he knows the system and could provide good quality depth...I'd rather see him on the field than Langi. lol

Can't believe I just saw that he was released by the Lions. Not sure if there is any room for him, but he knows the system and could provide good quality depth...I'd rather see him on the field than Langi. lol
Not really an area of need. The pats have like 20 linebackers.

Say no to Collins. The fact that Detroit couldn't give him away speaks volumes.

I don't get the Lions. Why cut Collins now? It seems clear they had no intention of keeping him. Why not cut him before the roster was set and his salary became guaranteed? He had a $3.8 million base salary this year. If they knew they were going to try to unload him, why not before the start of the season and save that $3.8 million of guarantees. They are going to take a massive cap hit already.

In fact, they screwed up and already converted $5 million of base salary into a signing bonus during the offseason. So it looks like that means that is $8.8 million that they didn't have to pay the guy if they just cut the guy in the offseason.

Because they weren't sure they were going to cut him. It was only the play of their rookie LB Derrick Barnes that made Collins expendable.

Just what this defense needs. Another older player taking snaps away from Uche, Dugger, etc.

Jamie Collins doesn’t play MLB. The only way you get him on the field is take off Judon, Van Noy, Hightower or the sub package players.

I think Jamie Collins would immediately be better than Bentley. And he'll make Hightower better too. Collins is not an edge guy. When he left he was an elite pass coverage LB a bit like Roman Pfifer.

Just a note, Bentley might be injured and Hightower hasn't looked like the guy he used to be. Might be a role for Collins even if it's not a big one.

There are some people who legitimately get upset at the idea of cutting Langi. It blows my mind

Good I don't want to see Langi out there in the 4th quarter

Hightower’s fav player in the League !

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye