PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots now have the 4th ranked defense (PPG) in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though the played...okay this past game. They need more consistency,

The lack of a quality LB was definitely felt last night against the pass. This was the first game that Van Noy was truly missed, IMO. Roberts shouldn’t be on the field in passing situations at all, but was out of necessity. He got lit up to the point that the team was playing Jordan Richards at LB late in the game.

Rowe was playing a sort of "Star" role, too.

Even before kickoff, I thought it was odd that they sat Harris and activated Wise. Harris might not be able to cover much, but he might've at least freed up a DB (instead of Roberts) to cover Drake. Maybe they thought Harris-Roberts was too much redundancy?

Where was the main issue. I vote for #2.

Lee has been awesome. The others should never have many reps. Obviously Roberts is an OK backup, but not on passing downs. This is our weak unit, and much weaker because of injuries. But I will NOT complain about the magic that Patricia does with this group.

1) LB corps Lee, Roberts, Reilly and M. Flowers gotta do better than that..

2) offensively they just pooped the bed.

The lack of a quality LB was definitely felt last night against the pass. This was the first game that Van Noy was truly missed, IMO. Roberts shouldn’t be on the field in passing situations at all, but was out of necessity. He got lit up to the point that the team was playing Jordan Richards at LB late in the game.
Roberts is ok on passing downs if he is blitzing or playing zone. He is a huge mismatch on a split out RB but virtually every lb in the nfl is, it’s jyst a matter of how awful.

Lee was terrible last night.

They are who I thought they were.

And besides injuries, do you know what else is catching up with them?

Bill's drafting.

Yeah Mitchell is definitely finished, now that Britt has signed. Still hoping for Valentine, but time is running out, and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST