PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Lose Two OTAs Due To Rule Violation

@Pape

My wonder is who dropped the dime?.. 20 mins past the meeting time frame...

If that was any other coach would have slid.. must've been a veteran I'd imagine.. lol

It was stated that it was an NFLPA observer. Not anyone affiliated with the team.

It was stated that it was an NFLPA observer. Not anyone affiliated with the team.
Is that something that exists though? Guys unaffiliated with the team walking around the facilities with a "NFLPA OBSERVER" badge and getting access to all the meetings?

Is that something that exists though? Guys unaffiliated with the team walking around the facilities with a "NFLPA OBSERVER" badge and getting access to all the meetings?
Yeah.. I believe there is. It became more apparent a few years ago during training camps across the league. As the 2 a days were so grueling it had to be changed ,and rules implemented enforced. So NFL and NFLPA visited teams across the league during camp. I'm sure it has to be in the CBA

@Pape

My wonder is who dropped the dime?.. 20 mins past the meeting time frame...

If that was any other coach would have slid.. must've been a veteran I'd imagine.. lol
Sigh, people, why not read Mike Reiss' piece? This happened at rookie camp right after the draft. Stop with the rumor mongering of Boston sports media. Read Reiss instead.

I'm not sure how much access they have to meetings, but more than one article mentioned that it was NFLPA observer and that this was a common thing.

6 or one half dozen, take your pick... its all the same thing...
No, it's not the same. People are saying 30+ year old veterans are ratting out Judge because they hate him.

So it's not the same if this was rookie camp.

This is just the typical Boston media winding people up, knee-jerk reactions to incorrect rumors.

I'm not sure how much access they have to meetings, but more than one article mentioned that it was NFLPA observer and that this was a common thing.
they dont actually have to be in a meeting..."hey Siri, start a timer" or "Hey Siri, whats on the official Patriots schedule today" ... that all it takes in some cases... i guess one could say play a game with stupid rules, win stupid prizes...

No, it's not the same. People are saying 30+ year old veterans are ratting out Judge because they hate him.

So it's not the same if this was rookie camp.

This is just the typical Boston media winding people up, knee-jerk reactions to incorrect rumors.
but it is... doesn't matter what you call it... rookie camp, otas, mini-camp... whatever... or who complained, if anyone actually did, is meaningless...

Its a mildly interesting story only because there's nothing else going on... its only 2 otas... so a little bit of perspective is needed here...

And please, if its true and not just made up BS because everyone wants to dog on Joe Judge (which is fine- everyone needs a boogieman i guess), point me to a credible source that states this was a retaliatory reaction by a player(s) against Joe Judge... everything else Ive read states otherwise...

Last edited:
Just an FYI:

"Per Bedard, the NFLPA complaint filed to the league reads, “Patriots’ Special Teams Coach Joe Judge directed special teams players to be at the Club’s facility longer than the maximum of four hours permitted during Phase Two of the Club’s program.”

“It’s noted that Belichick, on April 19, forwarded to all coaches – Judge is named – the reminder about the four-hour window by the management council,” Bedard adds.

Reiss added that “the complaint was specific to meetings/workshops that weren’t on the official schedule of the four-hour workday sent to players for May 1, May 2 and May 4.”

It's on JUDGE since he's cited SPECIFICALLY..
So it’s not exactly Bill’s fault. But Bill has to know this guy is an absolutely shmuck. He basically promoted him after being one of the guys who rode this offense into the ground last year.

Unsurprisingly he is already screwing things up.

Jeff Howe wrote that an NFLPA rep was in the building, noticed the meeting posted on the schedule and told the team that could give off the impression that the meeting was mandatory. The team then self reported the violation to the NFL.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back