PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have the #1 defense (PPG) in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defense scares me sometimes but there is no question they are getting it done.

Great play by the defense against Denver. This was a playoff-like atmosphere. And they shut em down to just 3 points total and forced some key turnovers. Gotta love how this defense is gearing up for the playoffs!!

This is our defense right now:
1012428_brickwall_texture_56.jpg

I have a brother that *****es and moans about everything. Whether it's a trade he doesn't agree with or Gronk's injury, it's always negative.

Like everything in life, Patsfans can't seek or even expect perfection. We're never going to have the best offense, defense, special teams, game plan, etc all rolled into one team

Every year can't be a "if we don't win the super bowl, we suck" year. If we don't win the super bowl, oh well...deal with it

There's always next year.

Sure, I'd love to win them all. But I'm fuggn ok if we don't. I guess I realize how fortunate I am to have witnessed the past 15 years.

But this year would be sweet for TFB
Your brother must have seats behind mine.

They stink. I know this because I heard a football expert on the radio named Michael Felger and he said they suck so all of you people who still think they are a good don't know what you are talking about.

Nobody has mentioned it, but who thinks the T. J. Ward's hit on Edelman was an attempt at retaliation to that play? Of course, the two also have a history. So maybe it was just that.
When has Ward ever needed an excuse to take a dirty shot at someone?

Bernie Pollard Jr

People really need to get a grip. How well did that bend but don't break thing work out in 2007 and 2010?

Eventually this team is going to have to make a stand against a very good offense with a playoff game on the line. If you feel comfortable in that situation, with the talent we have here, you are delusional.

William...you are a tard....How is Bob...?

I think though the D did well in PPG earlier in the year there were several things about it that just jumped out at you when you watched about it not being what it looked like on paper.

However since Seattle we have not had a single game where the PPG has not also matched the eye test. They are getting it done well right now and it is cause of plays they are making and coverage and the fact they are forcing teams to beat them with their 2nd or 3rd best thing (a BB staple).

Once is random luck. Twice is a coincidence. They have looked right 5 weeks now. This is who they are and who they will be most likely. If the D and OL plays like this the Pats will make the superbowl and win it.

I don't think any team in the NFL can beat them when they play like they did the last 5 games as long as they don't commit mistakes.

Last edited:
People really need to get a grip. How well did that bend but don't break thing work out in 2007 and 2010?

Eventually this team is going to have to make a stand against a very good offense with a playoff game on the line. If you feel comfortable in that situation, with the talent we have here, you are delusional.

Here is my best guess about you...You hand your children participation trophy's and tell them to run when the Champs come. Just a guess...

What the hell team is unbeatable defensively though? We can go down the list of top defenses who have had horrible games, pissed away leads, etc. People ***** "oh, but the Pats have had bad games!", but so has everyone else. Ignoring the fact that Brady had the greatest comeback ever against the hawks in the SB, SEA gave up 38 to GB, 24 to the Pats, 25 to NO and the Bills, 24 to ATL. They are hardly 'old school' elite. Giants, Denver, Cowboys, Vikings, and Ravens have all had multiple bad games defensively.

An elite defense that always comes through in a tight game and never gives up points or has a bad game just doesn't exist, at least not anymore. It's all about balance now and the Patriots are the most balanced team in the NFL. They also just happen to have one of the best defenses in the league. I'm sorry if they don't pass your 'eye test', but the stats don't lie and I trust that and what I've seen over anyone's "eyes". It's a results driven league, and the Pats defense has been #1 at getting results. Period. If that isn't enough for you, I don't know what to say...

#1 PPG Allowed
#10 YPG Allowed
#3 Run defense
#17 Pass defense (eh it's only really had 2 awful games, 2nd half vs lolphins and vs Seattle)
# 7 3rd down
As for that pass defense even the 03-04 pass defenses were middle of the pack yardage wise. So really not bad at all.

Nobody has mentioned it, but who thinks the T. J. Ward's hit on Edelman was an attempt at retaliation to that play? Of course, the two also have a history. So maybe it was just that.
Calling it retaliation would be giving Ward credit for being capable of thought. The guy is an idiot and a cheap shot master so I think he was just doing what was natural to him

#1 PPG Allowed
#10 YPG Allowed
#3 Run defense
#17 Pass defense (eh it's only really had 2 awful games, 2nd half vs lolphins and vs Seattle)
# 7 3rd down

The 3rd down defense lately has been phenominal

The last few weeks the defense has been fantastic. They've really pulled it together. Loving how they turned it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back