PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have the #1 defense (PPG) in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a big lead and allowed some underneath passes. Not a big issue. Aside from those 2 drives in 8 drives Miami had 7 first downs. Including 5 3 and outs out of 8. They gained 125 yards on those 8 drives, and scored no points.

If you play that well on 8 of 10 drives you had a great defensive day regardless of what happened on the other 2.

No argument about your larger point here, but the only concern for me was not allowing some underneath passes, it was a receiver wide open in the end zone.

No argument about your larger point here, but the only concern for me was not allowing some underneath passes, it was a receiver wide open in the end zone.
Blown coverage. It happens.

Blown coverage. It happens.

Yep. That's just fairplay to the lolphins for calling a play that caused that. But really that was the only play where the pass defense blew coverage. Pats pass defense took away everything past 10-15 yards other than that one and it's why the lolphins were run crossing routes and running bunch formations.

Here's basically the gist of the game yesterday

Pats held them to 280 yards, which is 21 yards lower than the league leading yards per game (Houston, 301)
Pats held them to 14 points which was 1.6 under the per game league leaders (Pats 15.6)
Pats held them to 205 passing yards which would be 3rd in per game (Denver is at 185 per, Houston 201)
Pats held them to 75 yards rushing which is lower than the lead leading yards per game (Dallas 83.5)

And let's be fair, this was in a place where the Pats haven't played good in the Brady/Belichick era against a pretty decent lolphins. I say decent because they made the playoffs.

Last edited:
Dooch and Spaz still say the offenses they faced suck, the schedule was weak and they are not the best defense.

There. My 5min quota for listening to those two for the week has been filled

Patriots have the best defense left in the playoffs by far and are also the most balanced team by far.

The two most balanced teams between offense and defense is New England and Pitt. New Emgland is in their own tier, then pitt in the second, then greenbay and Atlanta are just bad. The most balanced team on offense between run and pass is Atlanta.

Atlanta's defense isn't bad. They can get after the QB.

Atlanta's defense isn't bad. They can get after the QB.

There scoring d since week 10 has been better. That's what the fox graphic said. 20 ppg I think. I don't see much defense being played next week. Both offenses big time right now. I think Atlantas balance wins out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft