PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots GM Search

We still need time to eval if the 2023 draft was good but if it was Groh and Wolff setting the board you really can't be too harsh on them.

At this point it seems like a "B" to me

Gonzo looked like a ProBowler
White is TBD but showed flashes
Mapu is TBD but has a nice INT.
Andrews is TBD
Ryland is ugh but was a rookie. See how he does in camp/preseason under Mayo
Sow looked OK
Mafi is TBD but seemed OK sometimes
Boutte is TBD
Baringer looked like a ProBowler
Douglas did great
Speed is TBD and played a ton on ST
Bolden is TBD
Kind of tough to give a b when you pick the player who was widely being called the droy before his injury, probably the special teams rookie of the year, the wr who set the patriots rookie yardage record, 2 o linemen who got lots of playing time, one pretty darn good at times, and a d lineman who looked damn good at the end of the season. Gotta be an a minus worst case.

Kind of tough to give a b when you pick the player who was widely being called the droy before his injury, probably the special teams rookie of the year, the wr who set the patriots rookie yardage record, 2 o linemen who got lots of playing time, one pretty darn good at times, and a d lineman who looked damn good at the end of the season. Gotta be an a minus worst case.
White, Mapu and Ryland killed the grade.

Still missing the password to your AndyJohnson account?
Tell Me More Chris Hemsworth GIF by NETFLIX

They just wanted Bill gone. everything else remains the same.
They really looked at the decline of the franchise since Brady and decided Bill was the only problem. They came to that conclusion despite almost every coach from the Belichick tree failing without Bill.

I better hear that the Pats are hiring a data analysis/analytics team, the story mentioning they didn’t have a singular person like that on staff is extremely disappointing.

So why wait to give him the title?
That’s a good question. It only makes sense in that you already have someone in place making the decisions so the official announcement may not be that important. It’s not the way I’d do it but at least it’s somewhat feasible.

It makes zero sense if you’re looking outside the organization because why would you bring someone in after the draft? That seems very counterproductive.

Yup. Problem is he surrounded himself with yes men. We're they suppressed or followers?
That's essentially what Kraft said just framed it in a different light. Kraft said at times someone can become so revered and or powerful that people are afraid to speak out against their ideas/decisions or challenge them. So essentially the same concept but not necessarily him purposely placing yes men around him. But the people around him were nervous to tell him no or disagree with him.

I think that one part of his press conference the other day really explained their thinking and ultimately their decision making process.

It appears they believe they have the right people in place to do better, but in order to let them flourish they needed to remove what they believed was the blocker. Bill.

I personally believe they should of brought in someone with an outside perspective, maybe not even necessarily a different perspective per se, but just someone who has seen it done a different way.

Running it back with the same people allows them to use all the scouting stuff done. if it all works out, it was all bill who was the issue. if it doesnt, we clean house of bills men next yr .
They are guranteed to be better next yr with high pick and cap space so its easy to not have a GM.
This whole process was about jonathan kraft wanting bill out. and from all the news reporting it seems mayo played a part in this as curran's insider.
No media outlet talks about jonathan kraft including curran etc .why ?he is their source.
Im sorry but ****ing around and finding out doesnt make me feel all that comfortable with this crew. If you dont know and have to “try it out” then you do know and just don’t have the stones to pull the trigger.

People keep saying “Groh and Wolf” but someone needs to have final say. It can’t be 2 guys.
yes, one of them will be considered the final say.

Perhaps, the Jonathan will be the final say for large decisions, or on decisions where Wolf and Groh disagree.

The more this debacle develops, the more I realize that Bill B was the scapegoat for a complete organizational malfunction. Yes, Bill was an idiot drafting Lacrosse players, late round draft picks too early, and special teamers who contributed zero to the team. However, let us remember that Krafty Bob cuts the undersized paychecks and signs up yes men to the front office staff, and makes horrendous decisions like signing Mac10, or hiring Mayo with zero coaching experience. No search for GM at all?! Matt Groh is an effing buffoon and should be nowhere next to the steering wheel on this bus. So fire Bill and just keep the rest of these sycophants and incompetents and they think they're going to turn this ship around? This will be an under .500 team for the forseeable future. They need a total houseclaning and all they did was select 1 fall guy for multi level incompetence. Unbelievable. I don't know how Kraft is so successful in business because his personnel decision making with this team sucks ass.

Kraft ran BB out of town and I don’t blame him but whats mind boggling to me is that he seems satisfied with everything else. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he retains BOB as oc and promotes Demarcus Covington to DC.
The frequently used back stairs that we heard about must have been replaced by a freight elevator.

The more this debacle develops, the more I realize that Bill B was the scapegoat for a complete organizational malfunction. Yes, Bill was an idiot drafting Lacrosse players, late round draft picks too early, and special teamers who contributed zero to the team. However, let us remember that Krafty Bob cuts the undersized paychecks and signs up yes men to the front office staff, and makes horrendous decisions like signing Mac10, or hiring Mayo with zero coaching experience. No search for GM at all?! Matt Groh is an effing buffoon and should be nowhere next to the steering wheel on this bus. So fire Bill and just keep the rest of these sycophants and incompetents and they think they're going to turn this ship around? This will be an under .500 team for the forseeable future. They need a total houseclaning and all they did was select 1 fall guy for multi level incompetence. Unbelievable. I don't know how Kraft is so successful in business because his personnel decision making with this team sucks ass.

where is this proof that Kraft is the one who wanted mac jones? I feel like because he took a nosedive this year there is all this revisionist history. I seem to recall fans being generally happy with the Mac Jones pick in 2020. and pretty happy with that season.

other than that, I do find it kind of odd that they basically want to keep everything the same....just minus bill. now news is if bill O'brien leaves mayo wants Josh McDaniels!

Guess we will know pretty soon if all the bad/odd picks, cheapo free agent deals with incentives, was really all Bill B making poor decisions and over-ruling everyone. or just an organizational failure.

where is this proof that Kraft is the one who wanted mac jones? I feel like because he took a nosedive this year there is all this revisionist history. I seem to recall fans being generally happy with the Mac Jones pick in 2020. and pretty happy with that season.

other than that, I do find it kind of odd that they basically want to keep everything the same....just minus bill. now news is if bill O'brien leaves mayo wants Josh McDaniels!

Guess we will know pretty soon if all the bad/odd picks, cheapo free agent deals with incentives, was really all Bill B making poor decisions and over-ruling everyone. or just an organizational failure.
The ESPN guy, Wickersham, reported that belichick decided to trade 10 last off season and Kraft told him no, our Qb.

That’s a good question. It only makes sense in that you already have someone in place making the decisions so the official announcement may not be that important. It’s not the way I’d do it but at least it’s somewhat feasible.

It makes zero sense if you’re looking outside the organization because why would you bring someone in after the draft? That seems very counterproductive.
Kraft will talk to Wolfe and Groh.

If one of them is considering leaving, that would force a decision on title contract change.

There is no reason to rush. Kraft has no intention of firing Wolfe or Groh, or likely in feeling the immediate need to bring in someone else. He wants Mayo in charge, not some new hire.

Kraft will talk to Wolfe and Groh.

If one of them is considering leaving, that would force a decision on title contract change.

There is no reason to rush. Kraft has no intention of firing Wolfe or Groh, or likely in feeling the immediate need to bring in someone else. He wants Mayo in charge, not some new hire.
What are you basing this on?

The more I see these pressers and see what's developing, the more I think Kraft is the biggest problem this team has going forward, imho. Bill was willing to eat a lot of **** to cover for Bob's myriad bad decisions.

The ESPN guy, Wickersham, reported that belichick decided to trade 10 last off season and Kraft told him no, our Qb.

whatever you think of Mac Jones you generally don't trade your 1st round QB after 2 years. especially when they had a good rookie season and their sophomore season could've been derailed by hiring Patricia/Judge who had no clue on coaching offense

imagine they trade mac jones and he performs well in say the raiders. While we go 4-13 with zappe (it wouldn't have been much better) these same posters would be crying and screaming.

this is not a defense of mac jones. but its just generally unprecedented to trade a QB on a rookie deal after their 2nd year. then again its also unprecedented to not build up the offense around a rookie QB. or to hire a DC/special teams coordinator to coach them.

The more I see these pressers and see what's developing, the more I think Kraft is the biggest problem this team has going forward, imho. Bill was willing to eat a lot of **** to cover for Bob's myriad of bad decisions.

you think Kraft hired Patricia/Judge? or decided to take strange, or trade up to take a bust kicker? or ignore building out the offense?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back