PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots get the last laugh if there is no season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans doesn't run the correct route, Brady dumps it off to some 3rd RB. Evans whines for 2 weeks. Brady shuts him out. Just one of the many scenarios I envision in Florida.
Possible.

Covid is a nightmare. So were WWs & the recent mass shooting in my province.

I think people predicting Tampa success are getting caught up in the wave of excitement. There is nothing in their past, nor in Arians’ past that suggests they are going to succeed (unless you consider a wild card loss “a success”).
Loved the first part of your post, but the second part threw me off. I still don't get why there seems to be so many posters trying to bury and Hope's of them being successful. What does anything that happened prior mean anything? And why would their success be such a bad thing? I just don't understand. Maybe I'd feel I'll will I'd Tom went to a team I didn't like, but all this hate or wishing/hoping for his or his new team's failure is stupid.

He went 13-3 and made the CCG with Carson Palmer as his QB.

That’s a helluva lot more success than anything Belichick has had as an HC without Brady.
Awesome. Let’s see. That is the fun part of sports.

Look at what Brady has to learn:
  • a new system
  • a new coach, coaching staff, and support team such as medical, football preparation, etc.
  • a completely new set of players (except Gronk, although I'm very dubious about his return)
  • the defensive tendencies of divisions opponents
He's never had anything close to this learning curve in his entire career.
I’d say his first year as a starter was a far, far steeper learning curve than what he will go through in TB.

How did that season turn out for him?

He went 13-3 and made the CCG with Carson Palmer as his QB.

That’s a helluva lot more success than anything Belichick has had as an HC without Brady.
Belichick is responsible for the Browns last playoff win. That's no small feat.

The whole conference is better than the AFC. We usually got a 1 or 2 seed, beat up some scrub team like Tennessee, Houston, Chargers in the divisional and host the AFC championship against a lesser opponent like Indy or Pittsburgh. I think the Brady is going to facing much better competition this time around. NFC contenders like SF, NO, GB, and Seattle are no joke. I would put TB up there with SF and NO as the best in the NFC right now, so they definitely have a shot at reaching the Super Bowl but it won't be a slam dunk like Brady and Gronk are used to.

Agreed. It’s hard to admit the critics being right about the AFC East over the years but they are. The Patriots no doubt would be great in any division but this division absolutely sucks and it helps to win it and get at least one guaranteed home playoff game per year.

They were very close to a Super Bowl contender if Modell didn’t pull the plug on the franchise.

Second wave, and that's not a football term.

Eh, the Browns that he coached weren’t the disaster these Browns are. They weren’t Super Bowl championship caliber, but they did make the AFCCG in 3 of the previous 5 year prior to Belichick’s arrival.

I’d say his first year as a starter was a far, far steeper learning curve than what he will go through in TB.

How did that season turn out for him?

People act like he’s gonna be learning a new sport dudes been playing football for 30 years. Not only that but BA will tailor the offense to Brady’s strengths as well

Eh, the Browns that he coached weren’t the disaster these Browns are. They weren’t Super Bowl championship caliber, but they did make the AFCCG in 3 of the previous 5 year prior to Belichick’s arrival.

I hate when people bring facts to the table

People act like he’s gonna be learning a new sport dudes been playing foot ball for 30 years. Not only that but BA will tailor the offense to Brady’s strengths as well
+1 +1 +1

I do believe if there is a second wave in fall or early winter as many are predicting, the season could absolutely be disrupted.
I expect the season to start on time..but
if a second wave comes and is happening in large numbers, the potential exists for late season games, playoffs and even super bowl to be postponed or cancelled.

Loved the first part of your post, but the second part threw me off. I still don't get why there seems to be so many posters trying to bury and Hope's of them being successful. What does anything that happened prior mean anything? And why would their success be such a bad thing? I just don't understand. Maybe I'd feel I'll will I'd Tom went to a team I didn't like, but all this hate or wishing/hoping for his or his new team's failure is stupid.
Not wishing. Predicting. I have no reason to believe Tampa will win that division.

I think the Bucs are in better position to win the SB in 2021, assuming there isn't a giant dropoff with Brady. It's a challenge that Brady wanted and he's going to have to live with. TB is the worst (or among the worst) teams in the entire league. He knew that he was going to a division with Drew Brees and Matt Ryan. He knew he's going to have to play at least 8 games a year in the FL humidity. He knew that the NFC has a ton of great QBs, etc.

As far as politics is concerned, it's just politics and football is football. I don't know why people take it personally when they don't see the world the same way as someone else.

Tampa isn't even close to being the worst team in the league. Not even with Winston.

Not wishing. Predicting. I have no reason to believe Tampa will win that division.
I saw a playoff team whose QB threw 30 INT's last season. But who actually knows? We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

No reason? Seems funny for a Pats fan to say this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes