PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots finalized deal with Matt judon

Defensive guys from the Ravens make me nervous but if we sign him I will be all for it lol.

Interesting. Seems this guy will be a big ticket signing. Would probably compare to Trey Flowers contract. Similar production.

Smith was one of the best and most complete tight ends on the open market. The 25-year-old athletic tight end has 114 catches for 1,302 yards with 16 touchdowns in four NFL seasons. Smith, who’s 6-foot-3, 248 pounds, is coming off of his best NFL season when he caught 41 passes for 448 yards with eight touchdowns with the Tennessee Titans in 2020.

Smith is a versatile player who also is one of the better blocking tight ends in the NFL. He has three career carries for 57 yards and a touchdown, as well.

"north of $10 million, perhaps north of $13 million"

Good to know that they're not going to have to come close to his $20 million asking price.

We call this ADS: Adalius Thomas Syndrome.
It’s interesting how the end of his Patriots career really overshadowed the rest. For the first year and a half (until he got his to-be-career-ruining injury in 2008), he was exactly as we had hoped. If a number of things happen / don’t happen in the game-that-shall-not-be-named, I think there’s a very solid argument that he should have been MVP. But obviously he returned in 2009 as a shell of himself and with his suddenly shifted attitude over being benched (remember he was the guy who printed out Humble Pie t-shirts for the team in 2007), became the poster child for that team’s problems. Probably the only real team mutiny attempt in the BB era, fortunately enough core guys like Brady were still around and in charge so it never happened.

Last edited:
I was surprised we didn't draft him back in the day. We could have used them over the last few years. I'm not sure how I feel about him as a person (threatening to air dirty laundry isn't really a great mark in his favor IMO), but from a purely football perspective, I'm all in.

Very good day already. This d can be 2019 like if we’re keeping Gilmore and tender jcj plus a couple more bodies up front

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back