PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REISS: Patriots Exploring Extension With Judon

Yes your right ✅️!.. I like uche as that sub rushing LB.. he's best suited in that role.. Jennings to me is an every down player.. uche can spell Jennings or they all can be on the field in dime packages and blitzes. Jennings to me felt like he had more of an impact than 1.5 sacks?

From what I remember jennings was mostly effective as a run stopper. I didn’t see much of him as a pass rusher but it could be me just trying to put last year out of my memory lol

From what I remember jennings was mostly effective as a run stopper. I didn’t see much of him as a pass rusher but it could be me just trying to put last year out of my memory lol
Lol I hear ya, he was always in the back field he was asked to stop the run and set the edge. He also has a great first step and those long arms he's just so disruptive. Yes offensively I definitely want to forget last season.. that chargers game.. friend of mine said he left at halftime it so bad. Lol

Well.. we made the playoffs his 1st season, we nearly would have got in with a win a Buffalo, and last season it all fell apart, injuries, poor QB play.. if anything him getting injured last season may have been a blessing in disguise to prolong his career. A full season off his body.
True, but Judon plays a position where violent contact is unavoidable. I would expect injuries.

Secondly this 32nd ranked offense needs WRs that a defense will double team.

True, but Judon plays a position where violent contact is unavoidable. I would expect injuries.

Secondly this 32nd ranked offense needs WRs that a defense will double team.
True as well. He's excellent against the run as well as a pass rush.. judon's just a force of the edge, one of the best firs steps in the NFL.

Well we are a team with 3s and 4s at WR.. but the teams actions show they have more faith in Brissett and a rookie that Bailey Jones.

BB signed Judon to a bargain in 2021 and looks like he's criminally underpaid at his position now. Because of his age, I'd put him at or just shy of $20M.

BB signed Judon to a bargain in 2021 and looks like he's criminally underpaid at his position now. Because of his age, I'd put him at or just shy of $20M.
oof, I withdraw my comment on vet leadership being nice if it's at $20 million per season!

oof, I withdraw my comment on vet leadership being nice if it's at $20 million per season!
What would you be willing to pay someone that has averaged over 10 sacks per season? Before you answer, I suggest you look up players salaries at his position.

What would you be willing to pay someone that has averaged over 10 sacks per season? Before you answer, I suggest you look up players salaries at his position.
I'm not questioning the accuracy of your number, but rather admitting I didn't realize how expensive he might be. I'd be willing to bring him back at his original number ... around $14 million per. Might be reasonable given his age?

I'm not questioning the accuracy of your number, but rather admitting I didn't realize how expensive he might be. I'd be willing to bring him back at his original number ... around $14 million per. Might be reasonable given his age?
We’ve all been scarred by the frugality.

Judon will cost more than that.

That number would be an insult to what's he's done.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back