PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REISS: Patriots Exploring Extension With Judon

He's the heart and soul of this team.

Yes! Lock up judon/barmore/white on that front 7 for the next 3-4 years , i feel like white becomes a major force this year.

I'd take a 4th rounder for him. Perhaps a contender like KC or Philly, or other's in that contention area get into a bidding war and one of them offer us a 3rd round pick. I'd take KC's 32 pick overall in the 3rd round in this draft (or any 3rd round pick in this draft). Could get a good young player there or use it to trade up, etc. (perhaps use it in a trade up to get Maason Smith to pair with Barmore) I know I'll get roasted for the mere suggestion, but I expect to. Oh well.

A player picked at that point in the draft has about a 20% chance of even being on an NFL roster in his second year.

A player picked at that point in the draft has about a 20% chance of even being on an NFL roster in his second year.
Well then, it seems to me that there are a lot of solid players in the NFL today from that 20%. We have a few of them on our team, Rhamondre Stevenson being just one. Go down further (less % chance), Mike Onwenu, shall I continue?

In '21 he suffered a rib injury, '22 he had a hamstring issue, last season we know he and gonzo were lost for the season. But the guys a baller.
So basically disappears the second half each year? Got it.

They refuse to sign a 30 year old Keenan Allen, but are contemplating giving a 32 year old Matt Judon an extension.

Judon is the best player on this team, but I fear his best has been wasted.

They refuse to sign a 30 year old Keenan Allen, but are contemplating giving a 32 year old Matt Judon an extension.

I think it would be smart to trade him.

Barmore will only get more expensive longer you wait.
He's not Wilkins but he saw what Wilkins got in FA. It won't be so easy to re-sign Barmore so yeah the Pats need to get to work on him.

I agree as in someways he seems to have become the face of this franchise, last year at TC he was very active with all the fans as he roamed around the perimeter of the field throwing passes to young fans and occasionally signing autographs.. been to a lot of TC's over the years and never saw that level of interaction with the fans.
He and KB are exactly what the team needs. They are both similar. Great team first guys, excellent with the fans and the community. They do off-the field things willingly engaging with the schools and the youth.

So basically disappears the second half each year? Got it.
Since you are keeping count add up his sacks each season while your at it!

For how bad the Krafts think Bill sucked the new regime have basically done nothing but extend his players.

Bringing the 4-13 band back together without Bill, Super Bowl in the minds of Wolf/Kraft/Mayo only.

For how bad the Krafts think Bill sucked the new regime have basically done nothing but extend his players.

Bringing the 4-13 band back together without Bill, Super Bowl in the minds of Wolf/Kraft/Mayo only.
Minus that main problem. The qb.

Yes! Lock up judon/barmore/white on that front 7 for the next 3-4 years , i feel like white becomes a major force this year.
Yes! With absence of guy, white will be the rush end, and can jump inside and rush as well. Barmore can line up all over the D line.. judon and Jennings will be a force this season off the edge.

Yes! With absence of guy, white will be the rush end, and can jump inside and rush as well. Barmore can line up all over the D line.. judon and Jennings will be a force this season off the edge.

Uche too could be a very underrated resign if judon stays healthy. He was a beast in 22. Ekuale back too, This years pass rush will be fierce.

Uche too could be a very underrated resign if judon stays healthy. He was a beast in 22. Ekuale back too, This years pass rush will be fierce.
He was, he took a step back last season, but I believe he was dealing with something? Yes ekuale too, and wise as well. With that 7 foot wingspan. I believe wise is best suited as sub rusher, uche definitely gives insurance for judon. The way the secondary covers it will aid the pass rush.

Need some vet leaders who are bought into the program. Pass rushers seems to be able to last longer, so he can still be productive. Seems like him and barmore should be next.

Well.. we made the playoffs his 1st season, we nearly would have got in with a win a Buffalo, and last season it all fell apart, injuries, poor QB play.. if anything him getting injured last season may have been a blessing in disguise to prolong his career. A full season off his body.

He was, he took a step back last season, but I believe he was dealing with something? Yes ekuale too, and wise as well. With that 7 foot wingspan. I believe wise is best suited as sub rusher, uche definitely gives insurance for judon. The way the secondary covers it will aid the pass rush.

Last season might have had to do with judon’s absence. Edge guys usually benefit from a dominant edge on the other side. See alex highsmith in 2022 - 11 sack in the 10 games watt played, 3.5 in the 7 games he missed

Last season might have had to do with judon’s absence. Edge guys usually benefit from a dominant edge on the other side. See alex highsmith in 2022 - 11 sack in the 10 games watt played, 3.5 in the 7 games he missed
Yes your right ✅️!.. I like uche as that sub rushing LB.. he's best suited in that role.. Jennings to me is an every down player.. uche can spell Jennings or they all can be on the field in dime packages and blitzes. Jennings to me felt like he had more of an impact than 1.5 sacks?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back