PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots finalized deal with Matt judon

We have a healthy amount of people with consistently good takes here though, I would expect some of those people over there too. Maybe they just aren't in the thread yet. Or maybe they hate Judon too, which is what I'm afraid of.
Never worry about anything a Raven fan thinks.

If they add Leonard Williams and Curtis Samuel they can call it a day.

This is a great signing. Absolute beast on a HUGE need Position.

I really balked at that for a while, but you are starting to convince me. If we cannot get him, I like Kellen Mond later in the draft. I think this team would be electric with a young Lance.
May the charms that I’m using on you with Lance work on my wife for giving me permission to buy a gas-powered golf cart.

What else needs to be said?
The massive versatility he brings...with Hightower back and continued maturation of Uche and Winovich given the Pats only use two LBs most of the time until 3d and long, this opens up a lot of different looks, combinations and position flexibility needed to make the defense more similar to the early portions of 2019. This signing is just as much about how it allows the existing players to do JUST their strengths versus having to do everything like last year.

Sounds a bit strange of the text that Judon just answered - When he was asked why did he choose to play for the Patriots, his answer was not to the expected answer which is to play for a winning franchise or play for Bill Belichick instead his answer was "They Chose Me" - to me it sounds like not so thrilled to be here but here for the money,hope i'm wrong

Sounds a bit strange of the text that Judon just answered - When he was asked why did he choose to play for the Patriots, his answer was not to play for a winning franchise or play for Bill Belichick his answer was "They Chose Me" - to me it sounds like not so thrilled to be here but here for the money,hope i'm wrong
I mean he didn’t have to come here, nobody put a gun to his head and told him to sign the dotted line.

Very good day already. This d can be 2019 like if we’re keeping Gilmore and tender jcj plus a couple more bodies up front

I mean he didn’t have to come here, nobody put a gun to his head and told him to sign the dotted line.
I'm just used to hearing a newly signed player say "I signed with NE because of the head coach and winning atmosphere and here to help get a ring" ...didn't hear that and it sounds weird

If you consider Shaq Barret got an average of $18 mil/season this Judon deal looks like a steal!

P.S. Yes I am aware that the guaranteed money is pretty much the same for both players.

Sounds a bit strange of the text that Judon just answered - When he was asked why did he choose to play for the Patriots, his answer was not to the expected answer which is to play for a winning franchise or play for Bill Belichick instead his answer was "They Chose Me" - to me it sounds like not so thrilled to be here but here for the money,hope i'm wrong
As long as he plays hard...

I took it to mean that he was flattered by the interest. A matter of respect.

I thought Judon played a little chippy when I watched Baltimore. That’s a good thing!!

Could be that he's just being honest. I'm pretty sure that most players sign for the largest amount offered. Their excitement about playing with or for somebody is just good public relations.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back