PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots finalized deal with Matt judon

We have a healthy amount of people with consistently good takes here though, I would expect some of those people over there too. Maybe they just aren't in the thread yet. Or maybe they hate Judon too, which is what I'm afraid of.

There were a lot of edge options on the table and clearly Belichick valued Judon the most. I trust his judgment in terms of evaluating scheme fit and pursuing the right guy.

Say what you will about his drafts, but Belichick rarely whiffs when he targets specific FAs. I’m optimistic.

Hell, even Adalius, for all his warts, was a helluva player for the Pats when he was on the field and locked in (during the 2007 season especially).

We have a healthy amount of people with consistently good takes here though, I would expect some of those people over there too. Maybe they just aren't in the thread yet. Or maybe they hate Judon too, which is what I'm afraid of.

Everyone in the X/O twitter-verse (including beat guys) seems to love this signing and calls it a great fit. On top of that BB opened up the wallet pretty deep for him so internally they must also like him a lot.

No offense but all of this is should be worth more than what CaptainRock69 on the Ravens board has to say.

There were a lot of edge options on the table and clearly Belichick valued Judon the most. I trust his judgment in terms of evaluating scheme fit and pursuing the right guy.

Say what you will about his drafts, but Belichick rarely whiffs when he targets specific FAs. I’m optimistic.

Hell, even Adalius, for all his warts, was a helluva player for the Pats when he was on the field and locked in (during the 2007 season especially).

All indications to me seem good, except the 15 yard penalty thing which I haven't looked into yet. I certainly hope he won't be registering many of those.

I think we jump up into the top 10 for Lance.
Kontra- do you prefer Lance over Jones? I've seen a lot of different opinions on both with people rating Jones higher and then other people rating Lance higher.

Everyone in the X/O twitter-verse (including beat guys) seems to love this signing and calls it a great fit. On top of that BB opened up the wallet pretty deep for him so internally they must also like him a lot.

No offense but all of this is should be worth more than what CaptainRock69 on the Ravens board has to say.

Why even read and post on football forums if you don't value fan opinions? My personal assessment based on the combination of all of the above sources is a net positive for Judon, but there is at least one red flag (penalties) I think we should consider the legitimacy of. I like the signing. I just think it's worth looking into what the Ravens fans are saying considering they've been watching him more closely than we have.

Kontra- do you prefer Lance over Jones? I've seen a lot of different opinions on both with people rating Jones higher and then other people rating Lance higher.
I’d be happy with either one to be honest. Jones, I’d be happier with at 15. I think Bill has made it pretty clear that he’s enamored with the dual threat QB, though, so I can see Lance being that guy.

He was great that first year and looked good until he broke his arm (I think that was the injury) in 2008. Seems like it has been forgotten that he wasn't a complete bust here.

He was great that first year and looked good until he broke his arm (I think that was the injury) in 2008. Seems like it has been forgotten that he wasn't a complete bust here.
Him being a "bust" is a myth.

1st 25 games here were fine. 12 sacks. 12 PDs. Played all over the line. Decent tkl numbers for a OLB. He was fine.

Once he hit IR in 2008 and 32 years old he was done physically and mentally with football.

Because of Belichick's friendship with Saban, I suspect he will get some insight into Mac Jones' "intangibles" at quarterback. Things that scouting and film study don't necessarily show, but that defined the career of Brady. If Saban says that Jones has those intangibles, I suspect that Bill goes after him in the draft. If not, maybe Lance, a trade for Jimmy, or some other solution.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back