PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Draft Prospect Tracker - Interviews/Meetings

I looked at some Jay Ward highlights and wow, he can fly and he can hit. Sort of surprising that his 40 yard dash time was so, ah, pedestrian, but he seems to have excellent field speed.

Puka is someone who was on my radar and might be added

I looked at some Forbes highlights and wow. He runs like a deer and hits like linebacker. He is a thoroughbred. Sort of like a poor-man's Sauce Gardner. I know he is projected for Day 2, but I think he will go higher than that (remember that teams are always dying for CB help). It wold make sense for the Patriots to draft to the strength of this year's draft and get a CB early.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Forbes, he seems to have slipped down the rankings since the season ended. I still think he's a first round talent.

Yeah, Forbes is a dog. Fan of his game. He seems to lose a bit on the breaks which NFL level flankers will eat alive but with some technique work he's going to be solid.

Dang this might be the lowest BMI (Combine 6'.6" 166lbs) I've seen on a prospect so far. Skinnier than I am some days.

Forbes is 6'1'' not 6'6'' but still skinny as a rail. However he is ripped. He looks like coiled steel. He would be awesome in a Patriots uniform and I would be happy if he was taken at 14, eventhough the Patriots really, really need a WR there. But I think we all know the story by now: The Patriots will trade down in the hopes that Forbes or JSN will be there when it is their next time to pick, but, of course, they will be gone and the Patriots will panic. They will frantically try to trade down again, find no partners and pick a, ah, a guard or something....[like what probably happened last year]. And let me guess, JSN or Forbes will take their outstand athleticism to Seattle (to join Metcalf) or some such place and the Patriots will be left with some plodding soup cans as usual.

The Forbes highlight are very entertaining. Watch how he accelerates after the INT; he can fly like few i have ever seen. I swear he is a poor-mans Sauce Gardner

Forbes is 6'1'' not 6'6'' but still skinny as a rail. However he is ripped. He looks like coiled steel. He would be awesome in a Patriots uniform and I would be happy if he was taken at 14, eventhough the Patriots really, really need a WR there. But I think we all know the story by now: The Patriots will trade down in the hopes that Forbes or JSN will be there when it is their next time to pick, but, of course, they will be gone and the Patriots will panic. They will frantically try to trade down again, find no partners and pick a, ah, a guard or something....[like what probably happened last year]. And let me guess, JSN or Forbes will take their outstand athleticism to Seattle (to join Metcalf) or some such place and the Patriots will be left with some plodding soup cans as usual.

The Forbes highlight are very entertaining. Watch how he accelerates after the INT; he can fly like few i have ever seen. I swear he is a poor-mans Sauce Gardner
Considering his lack of injuries, he probably is made of coiled steel. Note that I did say 6 feet, *point 6 inches.

Addison taking a top-30 visit

Last edited:
I looked at some Jay Ward highlights and wow, he can fly and he can hit. Sort of surprising that his 40 yard dash time was so, ah, pedestrian, but he seems to have excellent field speed.
I'm a big fan. He's lined up everything. Slot, FS, Box, CB. Tough in run support. Day 3 guy I like

Considering his lack of injuries, he probably is made of coiled steel. Note that I did say 6 feet, *point 6 inches.
Ooops, I get your point now, ha. I guess Forbes is one of my binkies now which means that the Patriots will never end up with him...he will probably end up with Miami or Buffalo or Seattle and haunt the Patriots for years....don't you love watching Metcalf or Deebo when they play against the Patriots? Ugh. We could have had both these guys, but BB picked a couple of soup cans.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back