PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Draft Prospect Tracker - Interviews/Meetings

Remember this visit Michael Wilson is a Beast and we won't have to spend a a First on him.:cool:
His highlights look really good. He does have a problem staying healthy but on day 3 he's worth the risk. Without the injury concerns he probably goes much earlier.

No way he's available at 14, but I wonder if he slips to 9 or 10 would the Pats give up a 4th and/or a sixth to move and take him? Edge isn't a position of need but top edge players are really valuable.

I don't have him near the top ten in terms of a grade but I know Bill loves those freak body types that allow you to switch up on defense without leaving the field. Wouldn't be surprised to see him drop out the top 10 though.

Deleted, Already has been posted..

Pats worked out Jake Bobo - WR, Jerrod Clark - NT, amongst others at Local Prospect Pro-Day

"Matlock impressed with a personal record 29 reps on the bench press and ran a 4.81 in the 40-yard dash. He also touted a 4.27 shuttle time and 29.5 inches on the vertical jump. (He measured in at 6'4" 296)

Last fall, Matlock started all 13 games for the Broncos, registering six tackles-for-loss and 2.5 sacks. He also led all Boise State defensive lineman with 49 tackles and the entire defense with seven quarterback hurries."

Interesting grouping. OT, WR,TE, CB and Edge is the majority so far. Make it a good one BB.

Didn't see this posted:

Brugler has him ranked 100th overall in his draft guide and projected 102nd (comp 3rd) in his mock draft. Sounds like teams are a lot higher and/or more aware than fans and the media are. No workout numbers available since he had pec surgery.

Anyone have list? Maybe I missed it been a little busy. Adding about 12 guys (Keondre Coburn, Downs etc) either tn or tm. Going to Bruins so probably tomorrow but trying to incorporate everything in the decision.

Need a little help.

Anyone have list? Maybe I missed it been a little busy. Adding about 12 guys (Keondre Coburn, Downs etc) either tn or tm. Going to Bruins so probably tomorrow but trying to incorporate everything in the decision.

Need a little help.
Pats Pulpit has been tracking, they’ve got 20 of the 30 visits identified. Myles Murphy being the latest one. RB Aidan Borguet from Harvard is interesting.
Patriots pre-draft tracker: Interviews, workouts, meetings, analysis, and more

Bolden is Brugler’s 33rd ranked CB, with a free agent projection. He’s 6’2”, 201, and ran a 4.33.

Bolden is Brugler’s 33rd ranked CB, with a free agent projection. He’s 6’2”, 201, and ran a 4.33.

This guy will probably end up being one of those Pats draft picks that frustrates everyone with how far from consensus it is.

Due diligence

If Levis slips and the Pats really are interested they better have a trade in place for Mac. This probably means nothing, but I'm sure the media will either say Mac is done or will take it as a petty shot at Mac.

If the Pats draft Levis then plan to have all 3 QBs battle in camp I'm going to lose my mind.

My ideal scenario is that if Levis is available at 14 then teams will work with the Pats to trade up and get him. Showing interest in Levis to get teams to come up and trade for him is good GM work.

If Levis slips and the Pats really are interested they better have a trade in place for Mac. This probably means nothing, but I'm sure the media will either say Mac is done or will take it as a petty shot at Mac.

If the Pats draft Levis then plan to have all 3 QBs battle in camp I'm going to lose my mind.

My ideal scenario is that if Levis is available at 14 then teams will work with the Pats to trade up and get him. Showing interest in Levis to get teams to come up and trade for him is good GM work.
I think it entices teams to trade ahead of the Pats to take Levis, therefore increasing the chances that one of the OTs or CBs is available to the Pats

You better know exactly what you are passing on. Don't want Levis or Richardson to fall and not to have done your research.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back