PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Draft Prospect Tracker - Interviews/Meetings

Patriots also have a history of using those scouting reports when having to play against those players (especially if they're younger/drafted by AFC East teams) so I'm sure it also doesn't hurt just to have an in-house profile and report on him in general even if they aren't looking to necessarily draft him.

Bolden is Brugler’s 33rd ranked CB, with a free agent projection. He’s 6’2”, 201, and ran a 4.33.

IBolden is certainly very fast, straight-line-wise - 10.64 (+0.4) 100m in HS. That 4.63 shuttle... a WIP... may be just getting used to the extra weight. Worked under Prime Time. If I were a FA DB, NE is where I'd want to be.

Forbes is 6'1'' not 6'6'' but still skinny as a rail. However he is ripped. He looks like coiled steel. He would be awesome in a Patriots uniform and I would be happy if he was taken at 14, eventhough the Patriots really, really need a WR there. But I think we all know the story by now: The Patriots will trade down in the hopes that Forbes or JSN will be there when it is their next time to pick, but, of course, they will be gone and the Patriots will panic. They will frantically try to trade down again, find no partners and pick a, ah, a guard or something....[like what probably happened last year]. And let me guess, JSN or Forbes will take their outstand athleticism to Seattle (to join Metcalf) or some such place and the Patriots will be left with some plodding soup cans as usual.

The Forbes highlight are very entertaining. Watch how he accelerates after the INT; he can fly like few i have ever seen. I swear he is a poor-mans Sauce Gardner
Just wondering who you liked between 21-29?

Were the Patriots going to take Tyler Linderbaum?

Because otherwise I don't see a target they missed on who would have helped them.

Maybe Tyler Smith.

The rest, eh.

For a Slot guy UDFA here are a couple of guys who stood out based solely on their numbers: I don't know if any of the 3 came across @BaconGrundleCandy 's radar at all.. But I'd like to hear if they did.

Ty MacPhearson from Weber St. He's got a slow 40 at 4.6, but his 10 split is a decent 1.6. His 3-cone is a blazing 6.65 with a 4.10 Short Shuttle. Also a 35" Vertical and 10'2 Broad.

Aron Cruikshank from Rutgers. He's also got a slow 40 a 4.62, but his 10 split is a decent 1.59. His 3-come is 6.67 with a 4.12 Short Shuttle. 37" Vertical and 10'2 Broad.

Tyjon Lindsey from Oregon State. His 40 is 4.46, with a 10 split of 1.51. His 3-cone is 6.69 with a short shuttle of 4.10. 39" vertical and 10'08 Broad.

Brugler has him ranked 100th overall in his draft guide and projected 102nd (comp 3rd) in his mock draft. Sounds like teams are a lot higher and/or more aware than fans and the media are. No workout numbers available since he had pec surgery.
Update: Daniel Jeremiah has Marte Mapu at 73 in his big board today.

He might not be there at 76. Better take him at 46 to be safe :whistle:

Update: Daniel Jeremiah has Marte Mapu at 73 in his big board today.

He might not be there at 76. Better take him at 46 to be safe :whistle:

Good call.

For a Slot guy UDFA here are a couple of guys who stood out based solely on their numbers: I don't know if any of the 3 came across @BaconGrundleCandy 's radar at all.. But I'd like to hear if they did.

Ty MacPhearson from Weber St. He's got a slow 40 at 4.6, but his 10 split is a decent 1.6. His 3-cone is a blazing 6.65 with a 4.10 Short Shuttle. Also a 35" Vertical and 10'2 Broad.

Aron Cruikshank from Rutgers. He's also got a slow 40 a 4.62, but his 10 split is a decent 1.59. His 3-come is 6.67 with a 4.12 Short Shuttle. 37" Vertical and 10'2 Broad.

Tyjon Lindsey from Oregon State. His 40 is 4.46, with a 10 split of 1.51. His 3-cone is 6.69 with a short shuttle of 4.10. 39" vertical and 10'08 Broad.

MacPhearson hasn't been signed.
Cruikshank signed with the Bears.
Lindsey signed as a UDFA with the Seahawks

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back