PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots draft meetings

Dante visit I’ve just noticed. I think a potentially important one.

Last edited:
Doing a lot of work on TEs

Ran a 4.32 at his pro day. Good size. I love the description of his aggressiveness in this profile:

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - TREMON SMITH | NFL.com

Do you remember when Daniel Jeremiah talked about what BB looks for in CBs? I once quoted it on here. These two things from Smith’s scouting report were on that list.

• Believes every football is his
    • Outstanding ball production with 53 career passes defensed and 15 interceptions

They really have been looking at super quick corners in the later rounds.
They should be. The two outside corners seem to be Rowe and Gilmore until further notice. The nickel and dime corners would also seemingly compete for special teams reps and speed would also be important there.

They should be. The two outside corners seem to be Rowe and Gilmore until further notice. The nickel and dime corners would also seemingly compete for special teams reps and speed would also be important there.

McCourty?

What about him?

He’s at least in competition with Rowe isn’t he? You said “The two outside corners seem to be Rowe and Gilmore until further notice”. I’m just saying that McCourty is more than in that mix.

He’s at least in competition with Rowe isn’t he?
Oh, I thought you were talking about Devin. Nearly forgot Jason was almost on the team lmao. Yep and I also expect him to compete for the nickel role as well.

To be honest, I don’t see corner as much of a need. There already seems to be a logjam there.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Devin. Nearly forgot Jason was almost on the team lmao. Yep and I also expect him to compete for the nickel role as well.

To be honest, I don’t see corner as much of a need. There already seems to be a logjam there.

I could see one of the top corners added to the mix if they think they have a full time starter on their hands. Jaire Alexander could be a great pairing with Gilmore. Otherwise, my guess is that they'll take a few shots at high upside UDFA or late rounders. Look at some of their player workouts: Keion Crossen, Travarious Moore, Tremon Smith. Extreme athletes from small schools available on the cheap.

Guice, Duke & Sweat all interviewed. All take all 3.

Guice would be lethal here. It's scary to think about what he would do when facing light boxes.

Sweat & Duke would instant pass rush this year, presumably if they are healthy.

Basic tackling was THE problem. Yeah I’m looking at you Bademosi!

Anyways I would like them to focus on the front 7 for the most part. I don’t see them drafting any skill positions in day one or two.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back