PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots draft meetings

If you believe the internets, add PJ Hall to the list. DT, Sam Houston, 6'0, 308

Hall shines at Pro Day - The Houstonian

"The Patriots had taken PJ Hall out to dinner the night before, and showed great interest in the former Bearkat."

Very impressive numbers for a 308-lb guy ...

+/- 4.70 40-yd ... 38" vertical (that landing probably registered on local seismometers) ... 116" long jump, plus 36 bench reps.

Those numbers are better than those put up at the Combine by all but one or two of the TEs.

Do the Pats need a short-yardage RB? Can you imagine this guy diving over the pile, getting the first down, and crushing an LB or two in the process?

Am i correct that out of all the players the pats have met with over the past several years of visits at the combine, that Florida state of og Jackson is the only one we have drafted?

They met with Chandler Jones at the combine.

Parker is definitely an interesting guy to watch. While he didn't have a great 40, the other testing numbers imply a nimble, explosive player who has untapped potential. He could be a great developmental type (I still think Waddle starts this season, no matter who they draft).

Brandon Parker - MockDraftable

Maybe he falls since he hasn't done a complete battery of testing due to injury.

Alabama LB Rashaan Evans reportedly has pre-draft visit planned with Patriots

Glad to see my boy Rashaan getting closer and closer to Pats planet. If they want him they have every opportunity to get him. But this LB class is deep in solid (not elite) quality and LB position is one of the cheapest & deepest in FA (seems more w each year) - even the versatile ILB/OLB without elite rushing - so the economy of positions could dictate otherwise - depending how the other dominos falls.

You know how I love Rashaan but if there is someone like Payne, Vea, Jaire, or a QB i like still available id have to forget about him. Even if someone like Hughes or another solid CB, S/HYB is there you probably have to go there first. You can get an NFL proven top ILB/OLB for well under 10M while big versatile DL with legitimate inside rush or average #1 CB cost way over that..

Parker is definitely an interesting guy to watch. While he didn't have a great 40, the other testing numbers imply a nimble, explosive player who has untapped potential. He could be a great developmental type (I still think Waddle starts this season, no matter who they draft).

Brandon Parker - MockDraftable

Parker makes sense if they still see a future for Garcia as a long term insurance/backup.

Get the sweat on

I think Sweat would excel in a Clowney type role. Don't make him line up at DE all game. Stand him up, move him all around the front, let him loop and stunt, and most important, have him blitz from a two-point stance. He's a phenomenal athlete, but as a pure pass rusher he needs refinement: he often the last person off the ball, and he relies on bull rushes more than good hand work and counters. I do like him against the run, though. He's stouter than his frame indicates. I think he would be an ideal player for Vrabel to mold, if he doesn't end up here -- I'd love to see his athleticism in our defense.

Re: Guice. The off field rumors seem pretty bad. I'm not sure I'd touch him.

I think Sweat would excel in a Clowney type role. Don't make him line up at DE all game. Stand him up, move him all around the front, let him loop and stunt, and most important, have him blitz from a two-point stance. He's a phenomenal athlete, but as a pure pass rusher he needs refinement: he often the last person off the ball, and he relies on bull rushes more than good hand work and counters. I do like him against the run, though. He's stouter than his frame indicates. I think he would be an ideal player for Vrabel to mold, if he doesn't end up here -- I'd love to see his athleticism in our defense.

Re: Guice. The off field rumors seem pretty bad. I'm not sure I'd touch him.

Re Guice: Presumably that’s why they’re bringing him in for a visit.

Guessing you like this guy?

You should, too. :D

Ejiofor has the best technique of any pass rusher in this draft other than Chubb. A labrum surgery prevented him from working out, but he has excellent production, good size (insanely long arms), and knows how to play the position. If not for his injury, he would probably have had another 10 sack season and been in play for a late 1st pick. Even so, he has 34 TFL over the past two seasons. Really good player if he recovers from the injuries.

Three year snapshot of his production:

upload_2018-4-5_11-31-33.png

Also, check out this link that @BaconGrundleCandy posted: BGC 2018 DRAFT RUSH THREAD

Last edited:
Can't find anything on Guice off the field issues. He claims its because he's a video game streamer haha

Can't find anything on Guice off the field issues. He claims its because he's a video game streamer haha

I have Twitch open all day, so I wouldn't care at all if that's truly the case. Given the strong language that Pauline used, though, it sounds like there's something else in his background that teams are unsure of how to handle. Maybe it's nothing, but it's not like Pauline to make things up; he has a lot of team sources and he's been around a long time.

I have Twitch open all day, so I wouldn't care at all if that's truly the case. Given the strong language that Pauline used, though, it sounds like there's something else in his background that teams are unsure of how to handle. Maybe it's nothing, but it's not like Pauline to make things up; he has a lot of team sources and he's been around a long time.

yeah the "loose cannon" part might hit a bit too close to home for our liking in particular. His father was actually murdered growing up so I wonder if it has anything to do with the company he keeps or the area he's from because he hasn't faced any disciplinary issues at LSU as far as I can find.

Wake Forest Edge Rusher Duke Ejiofor visiting Patriots!

makes sense to bring him in. intriguing pluses combined with worrying minuses.
how much anchor can he add to complement his upper strength
how much his run D, edge setting can be improved
how effective can he be when playing more disciplined..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back