PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Dominance Against Opposing QBs Is Staggering So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. Keeping that offense under 30 would be nothing short of a miracle. If the Patriots offense stays the same throughout the season, this could end up being 2013 all over again. Right now Gordon isn't even close to being a legit # 1 receiver. And it's quite clear Dorsett shouldn't be higher than a 3 receiver. Neither can create seperation.
What about under 14?

This Patstatic dude reminds me of Peyton's nephew (is he still around) or the tourch guy. At least the tourch guy had the balls to say he was a Chiefs fan and didn't try to hide it, but he was as bad of a troll as this dude.

Listen @Patstastic, there are members of other teams on this forum, all are welcome. Stop pretending you're a pats fan, or that you're 19. Be a man and come out supporting your Chiefs. Nobody cares. Also, lose the BB in swim trunks avatar, its disrespectful for a troll like you to have the GOAT coach avatar. Stop being a douche.

I’m looking forward to the defense playing a legitimately good QB. The defensive unit is awesome but just how great? We can’t know for sure having really only faced some of the ****tiest QBs I have ever seen.

Reid's more of a short order cook than a chef. We have Gordon Ramsey cooking for us.

So we're on to c ocktail stick ? :D
ATT-Gordon-Ramsey.jpg

I'd be shocked if the defense turned soft against more solid QBs like Watson, Wentz, Jackson, Mahomes, Prescott.

So would I. If anything, I'd expect them to be psyched up for the challenge!

In the marathon of the NFL season, it seems to me that some teams play down to weaker opponents to minimize the toll on their bodies. (AKA Trap Games.)

I think that is one of the reasons that Bill Belichick talks up the weekly weakly opponent. ;)

That said, I look forward to stiffer competition as we move forward.

Go Pats!

I’m looking forward to the defense playing a legitimately good QB. The defensive unit is awesome but just how great? We can’t know for sure having really only faced some of the ****tiest QBs I have ever seen.
They faced Ben Roethlisberger Week 1

They looked pretty damned good week 1.

From Ian's stats database in the sidebar menu. Not a very impressive list of QBs, aside from having faced Ben (20% of games).

SmartSelect_20191009-080945_Firefox.jpg
I'm not worried about the D regardless of opponents faced because they just simply look dominant in every aspect. More concerned with lack of TD production in the RZ against these same teams.
NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only)

SmartSelect_20191009-080028_Firefox.jpg

NE is #22 with 50%, tied with TB and KC.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only) on TeamRankings.com

From Ian's stats database in the sidebar menu. Not a very impressive list of QBs, aside from having faced Ben (20% of games).

View attachment 24580
I'm not worried about the D regardless of opponents faced because they just simply look dominant in every aspect. More concerned with lack of TD production in the RZ against these same teams.
NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only)

View attachment 24581

NE is #22 with 50%, tied with TB and KC.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only) on TeamRankings.com
I recall the RZ O stinking last year as well until the last few games.

They'll figure it out (hopefully)

They faced Ben Roethlisberger Week 1
I’m much more interested in the Ravens-Chiefs stretch that’s when we will truly know what we have in this defense.

I’m much more interested in the Ravens-Chiefs stretch that’s when we will truly know what we have in this defense.

Not sure.

The Patriots rank #1 all time in DVOA defense after 5 games.

Behind them are only historically great defensive teams.

Watson and Mahomes are the only Qbs which will provide what you are looking for.

Hill, Mahomes, Kelce, Watkins, Williams, and Hardman is what they will cook up. When have the Patriots ever faced an offense like that? 2013 Broncos weren't even this great.

It's not a knock on the Patriots that I don't think they can go toe to toe with such an explosive offense. It's a credit to the Chiefs. This team absolutely needs a guy like Diggs and Sanders (Not just one) to go toe to toe.
Chiefs suck

The giants game could be tricky on a short week against a rookie QB whose being hyped. Curious to see how he looks against a good opponent on sunday . Playing the vikings.

Danny Dimes won't have Ebron, Saquan or Sheppard. It will be interesting.

Chiefs suck

Chiefs have been banged up too with Williams, Hill and Watkins going down and Mahomes on a gimpy ankle. That being said, every team has injuries. Look at the Pats!!!

I am hopeful that when Wynn and Harry comeback they can provide a spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back