Status
Not open for further replies.
Defenses Faced:

Jags
》Steelers

Raiders>Dolphins

Ravens>>>>>Jets

Bills>>Lions.

The bolded defenses KC's offense faced are better than those defenses the Pats offense have played (Except for Buffalo being better than Detroit). 29 points on offense (With AB) was scored against essentially a High School team. Team struggled to move the ball against the Jets in the 2nd half.

Offenses faced:

Steelers>Jags (Ben over either)
Raiders>Dolphins (Carr over whatever Miami has)
Ravens>Jets (Jackson over 3rd stringer)
Lions>Bills (Stafford over Allen & Jackson).

I'd say the Chiefs defense have faced better QB's than the Pats have. But I still believe the Pats defense is better.

Just trying to point out stats aren't everything. Pats have had 2 home games. 2 away. Chiefs have had 3 road games. 1 away.

This is all moot if only one (Or neither) team end up in the AFC title game. It just looks like a AFC championship game rematch is inevitable.

Look, you can spin this however you want. Pats and Chiefs are pretty close in overall strength, and the Pats would be favored at home. The Chiefs would likely be favored in KC. Just listing all the highlight reel skill players on the Chiefs, which you didn’t in your initial post, doesn’t change much. Sure, they have a great looking WR corps and passing game. The Patriots defense has an insanely talented secondary. On offense, it’s unwise to judge the Patriots on their worst game and more unwise to rank their offense by counting up individual players...I think 20 years of results shows that putting a Brady squad into a box that says “ineffective” is a fool’s task.

Last edited:
Not a "Chefs" (Whatever that is) fan whatsoever. Just trying to have healthy debates.

You don't know the Chefs bit? It's a classic. What are you, like 12?

opponent adjusted means bupkiss. explain how that matters.

We faced a bunch of third stringers who may not have been able to start on some college squads. ANd Allen just tossed up balloons to the D Backs

PS. And Ben sucks anyway and he was hurt
He wasn't hurt until week 2. Enough of this lie.

He wasn't hurt until week 2. Enough of this lie.
Dude. This is a message board. No one is “lying”. It is a just a team sports board.

You can’t name any source in the nation I promise you that is “lying”.

Dude. This is a message board. No one is “lying”. It is a just a team sports board.

You can’t name any source in the nation I promise you that is “lying”.
It's a lie to say Roethlisberger was hurt for the Patriots game, when he wasn't hurt until the following week.

It's the opposite of the truth, that makes it a lie.

If you're uncomfortable with that characterization, maybe consider not telling blatant lies anymore.

My favorite football team is the Dingleberry Douchenozzles of my Fantasy Football League.

Looooove FaNtAsY fOoTbAlL.

With the Chiefs weapons, they should be favored by infinity in every game.

I will take what I can get however they have not been tested yet. :eek:
True, but remember in prior years when scrub QBs would still rack up yards and points against the Pats' mediocre defenses? That's not happening.

What's happening each game is exactly what's supposed to be happening when a bottom 10 offense plays against a top 3 defense. Cumulatively, it's resulted in historic results so far.

I'd be shocked if the defense turned soft against more solid QBs like Watson, Wentz, Jackson, Mahomes, Prescott.

And Gilmore hasn't even reached top form yet (despite already playing at a high level). If Gilmore can reach his peak form like he did last season, this defense can get even better.

True, but remember in prior years when scrub QBs would still rack up yards and points against the Pats' mediocre defenses? That's not happening.

What's happening each game is exactly what's supposed to be happening when a bottom 10 offense plays against a top 3 defense. Cumulatively, it's resulted in historic results so far.

I'd be shocked if the defense turned soft against more solid QBs like Watson, Wentz, Jackson, Mahomes, Prescott.

Exactly. There is plenty of margin between excellent defense and the other worldly results so far. They could be significantly “exposed” by better QBs and still may do much better against them than an average defense.

I don’t anyone is betting on them holding Mahomes to 10 points (though this dominance began against the Rams last SB, who were also elite on offense.)

Defenses Faced:

Jags
》Steelers

Raiders>Dolphins

Ravens>>>>>Jets

Bills>>Lions.

Jaguars- #18 yards/#12 points
Raiders- #23 yards/#25 points
Ravens- #27 yards/#23 points
Lions- #29 yards/#20 points

Steelers- #19 yards/#13 points
Dolphins- #32 yards/#32 points
Jets- #20 yards/#18 points
Bills- #2 yards/#5 points

So no your rankings are inaccurate based on stats

Steelers = Jags
Raiders >> Dolphins
Jets >> Ravens
Bills >>>>> Lions

The Pats D is elite. I don’t care who they’ve played as they are putting up numbers that’s not typical of a BB defense. Would you rather have them not embarrass their last 4 opponents?

For years, teams like the Steelers and Ravens were ranked #1 in the sexy stats due to them beating up on teams that couldn’t score. So I have no sympathy for the “competition” card.

Because the Pats only play a handful of competent offenses, I think they’ll end up leading the league in points allowed at the very least.

The Pats D is elite. I don’t care who they’ve played as they are putting up numbers that’s not typical of a BB defense. Would you rather have them not embarrass their last 4 opponents?

Not in the least. TBH I'd be perfectly happy if they embarrass their next 15 as well

This is the best defense the Patriots have ever had and that’s saying a lot.

Its only going to get better as the season progresses.

It’s feeling very 2004 like. Big SB win and building off it with a dominant follow up season.

Not a "Chefs" (Whatever that is) fan whatsoever. Just trying to have healthy debates.
It will be interesting to see what the Chefs cook up for us in December.

And Gilmore hasn't even reached top form yet (despite already playing at a high level). If Gilmore can reach his peak form like he did last season, this defense can get even better.

Gilmore, Chung and Bentley can get better.

It's a lie to say Roethlisberger was hurt for the Patriots game, when he wasn't hurt until the following week.

It's the opposite of the truth, that makes it a lie.

If you're uncomfortable with that characterization, maybe consider not telling blatant lies anymore.
I did not lie. lol@u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back