PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots currently projected to finish last in AFC East in 2023 by Vegas

They didn't. Why would they? The guy sucks.
LOL, just ask the contingent in Buffalo who want them to go find the next guy because they think he's not the answer. I wonder if Buffalo has their version of Felger and Maz, because I can't imagine what they must be saying to feed that notion given the last two seasons.

That is objectively not true.

(Also, I like Mac and I think he has potential to be a pretty good QB in the NFL...you can win with pretty good)

What has Josh Allen accomplished in his 5 years in the league? What are his accomplishments?

What has Josh Allen accomplished in his 5 years in the league? What are his accomplishments?
He won the division three years in a row. He's also won several playoff games. He's made the Pro Bowl the last three years. He set the league record in QB rating in the post-season 2021. He's the first quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season. He's had the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, first 50 starts. He's the first quarterback in history with at least 100 touchdown passes and 30 rushing touchdowns in first four seasons. He's the first quarterback to have 300 passing yards, 60 rushing yards, and five touchdowns passes in a playoff game.

He won the division three years in a row. He's also won several playoff games. He's made the Pro Bowl the last three years. He set the league record in QB rating in the post-season 2021. He's the first quarterback with 375+ pass yards, 3+ pass touchdowns, 0 interceptions and a 130+ QB rating in multiple games in a single season. He's had the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, first 50 starts. He's the first quarterback in history with at least 100 touchdown passes and 30 rushing touchdowns in first four seasons. He's the first quarterback to have 300 passing yards, 60 rushing yards, and five touchdowns passes in a playoff game.
Literally 2 out of his 3 division wins have come in years where we had Cam Newton at QB and Matt Patricia as an OC. The other one was a division title by 1 win when we had a rookie QB. He had zero competition. The rest are just meaningless single game records. He has won 0 conference championships, zero Super Bowl rings, zero MVP awards, zero 1st Team All-Pro honors, zero real accomplishments. The kid flat out sucks as an NFL QB.

Mac Jones has more yards, more TDs, higher completion %, higher QB rating, and more Pro Bowl appearances in his first 2 years in the league than Allen did, despite Mac's 2nd year being a throwaway year due to a defensive guy being OC.

Literally 2 out of his 3 division wins have come in years where we had Cam Newton at QB and Matt Patricia as an OC. The other one was a division title by 1 win when we had a rookie QB. He had zero competition. The rest are just meaningless single game records. He has won 0 conference championships, zero Super Bowl rings, zero MVP awards, zero All-Pro honors, zero real accomplishments. The kid flat out sucks as an NFL QB.
You shouldn't drink so early in the morning.

Don't be coy... scroll back, I specifically told you Patricia was a massive mistake already. I believe with Josh McDaniels or O'Brien (a year earlier) this was a 10-11 win team last year. They weren't losing due to a lack of talent.
I think lack of talent has been a major factor over the last 3 seasons. And if you think O'Brien is only good enough for a 2-game swing in the record then that's not really an optimistic outlook in my view. I don't disagree with that assessment either.

I'm really down on Josh at this point. His track record without Brady is really bad. That's a fact.

My final comment on Belichick promoting Patricia to OC is it was a major move in the offseason and it obviously counts toward evaluating the offseason in total. So given the enormity of that failure, I cannot give last offseason a passing grade.

They'll never get those two years back for Jonnu, the most Bill O'Brien can do now is maximize his capabilities and utilizer him now. He's the same good player he was when they signed him and Obie was the coordinator here when they were running two TE sets with no traditional FB back in the 2010's.
We'd be better off if we never had Jonnu for those two seasons. He wasn't that good in Tennessee, he's just been completely worthless for the Patriots, and honestly I'm skeptical O'Brien can salvage him.

And two TE sets work like game busters when you're dealing with talents like Gronkowski and Hernandez. People may not like to talk about him much anymore, but Hernandez was an outstanding player. At least 5x better than Jonnu.

You ignored him and all the good free agents they signed in 2021 and focused solely on Agholor and Jonnu. It's what disingenuous agenda pushers do.
You're not being fair at least. Or worse you're just blatantly misrepresenting what I said. I specifically mentioned Judon, that's a fact.

I generally try to avoid debating against disingenuous arguments. I suspect you would do the same, which is why I don't take your last comment seriously.

Patricia was a dumpster fire, how many times are you going to ignore this to push your agenda.
I probably was the very first poster to label Patricia a dumpster fire. I said it the very second he was promoted to OC. If I recall correctly, you gave me a hard time for being a "Belichick hater agenda pusher." Go figure.

The year before last Henry led the entire NFL in TE touchdowns.
I've said a hundred times that I like Henry. He's a good TE. He needs a counterpart TE1b across from him for it to really work (or at least a true WR1 on the field at the same time).

You think all our best players suck. Mills...
If Jalen Mills is one of our "best players" then we're in deep doo-doo. He's not better than average.

Mac Jones has more yards, more TDs, higher completion %, higher QB rating, and more Pro Bowl appearances in his first 2 years in the league than Allen did, despite Mac's 2nd year being a throwaway year due to a defensive guy being OC.
You left out that Allen rushed for 910 more yards and 16 more rushing TDs.

What's your point here? Other than making provocative statements. You think Mac is poised to take off in his third season like Allen? Over the last 3 seasons, Allen has average a combined (passing and rushing) 43 TDs per season. He's finished top 3 in MVP voting twice.

Mac has averaged 18.5 TDs per season. Even in Patriots homer heaven, if we double that number to 37, it's still well below Allen's pace.

I think lack of talent has been a major factor over the last 3 seasons. And if you think O'Brien is only good enough for a 2-game swing in the record then that's not really an optimistic outlook in my view. I don't disagree with that assessment either.
Mac was a rookie in 2021. They went from the 6th scoring offense to the 25th scoring offense this season but you don’t think offensive coaching is why… sounds legit.
I'm really down on Josh at this point. His track record without Brady is really bad. That's a fact.
His defense was ranked 28th in the NFL, Tom wouldn’t have saved him.
My final comment on Belichick promoting Patricia to OC is it was a major move in the offseason and it obviously counts toward evaluating the offseason in total. So given the enormity of that failure, I cannot give last offseason a passing grade.
In hindsight and including coaching I agree. I also think talent on the field had nothing to do with their offense ranking near dead last in pre-snap penalties.
We'd be better off if we never had Jonnu for those two seasons. He wasn't that good in Tennessee, he's just been completely worthless for the Patriots, and honestly I'm skeptical O'Brien can salvage him.
We won’t find out now, it’s a deep TE draft. We’ll see what Obie can do with what’s handed to him.
If Jalen Mills is one of our "best players" then we're in deep doo-doo. He's not better than average.
He’s better than average, that’s why the defense has been ranked 2nd and 3rd best in the NFL in scoring allowed since he’s been here. Results matter more than the opinion of someone who is constantly telling us our best players suck.

You left out that Allen rushed for 910 more yards and 16 more rushing TDs.

What's your point here? Other than making provocative statements. You think Mac is poised to take off in his third season like Allen? Over the last 3 seasons, Allen has average a combined (passing and rushing) 43 TDs per season. He's finished top 3 in MVP voting twice.

Mac has averaged 18.5 TDs per season. Even in Patriots homer heaven, if we double that number to 37, it's still well below Allen's pace.
Allen would make a fine RB. But he isn't taking his team anywhere as a QB. That much has already been established. He doesn't have the football IQ or consistent accuracy that someone like Mac Jones does. He also doesn't have that clutch gene.

There were context on those picks and I posted about that a while ago and included images on them. One was on a pass that went through Henry's hands on a high throw where he was trying to make a play and put it where only Henry could get it on a 3rd and forever. Another was on a ball thrown slightly behind Harris that went off his hands and got picked.
You left out the most consequential INT (the same one you were able to omit from the red zone picks by 1 yard). The one that killed the opening drive of the second half with the game tied 14-14. The INT floated right into the hands of Tre'Davious White. Fortunately the Patriots got the ball right back in great field position on a fumble by Singletary but they unfortunately settled for a FG.

People talk about that game like Mac threw it right to the other team, and that's not how it played out. And he put together a fairly solid game before the two kickoff returns.
I'm also told one of his other "best games" came against the Ravens when he had 0 TDs and 3 INTs. So in his two best games he had 3 TDs and 6 INTs... Is that what we're going with?

And if you're going to constantly compare Mac to Allen, then I guess you and others won't ever be happy. Although fans in Buffalo are doing the same nonsense about Allen and trying to run him out of town also, so this is clearly not just a New England-centric thing. QBs don't grow on trees and the fact remains that for those people looking to kick Mac to the curb, it doesn't change the fact that you still need someone lining up on Sundays. This means you need to get the most out of who you have until someone better comes along.
Agreed. And if Mac's the guy for 2023 at least then I'm all about building around him. The team desperately needs to improve the WR corps, which again I don't think was that bad last season, but with who I think is an average QB, the supporting cast needs to be well above average.

Allen would make a fine RB. But he isn't taking his team anywhere as a QB. That much has already been established. He doesn't have the football IQ or consistent accuracy that someone like Mac Jones does. He also doesn't have that clutch gene.
Come on, I can't take you seriously with stuff like this. Josh Allen could be the best dual threat QB the league has ever seen. He led the NFL in game-winning drives in 2019 (when I'm told he sucked). He's been a multi-season MVP candidate. Allen sucked in the divisional game against the Bengals this postseason but that was his first bad postseason game out of 8. Heading in this postseason he had 14 TDs and 1 INT (he's at 17 TDs and 4 INTs now).

You're talking about Mac and Allen like Allen hasn't completely owned those matchups...

Allen: 4-1, 14 TDs, 1 INTs
Mac: 1-4, 6 TDs, 7 INTs

Come on, I can't take you seriously with stuff like this. Josh Allen could be the best dual threat QB the league has ever seen. He led the NFL in game-winning drives in 2019 (when I'm told he sucked). He's been a multi-season MVP candidate. Allen sucked in the divisional game against the Bengals this postseason but that was his first bad postseason game out of 8. Heading in this postseason he had 14 TDs and 1 INT (he's at 17 TDs and 4 INTs now).

You're talking about Mac and Allen like Allen hasn't completely owned those matchups...

Allen: 4-1, 14 TDs, 1 INTs
Mac: 1-4, 6 TDs, 7 INTs
He has won nothing of note in this league. He sucks as a QB. I concede that he would be a fine RB. Maybe even a dominant one.

He only started winning against us when we started rebuilding and using Cam newton at QB or Matt Patricia at OC. I am not impressed.

He needs to show me what he can do against a real Patriots team with a real OC, a non-rookie QB, and a real defense.

Mac was a rookie in 2021. They went from the 6th scoring offense to the 25th scoring offense this season but you don’t think offensive coaching is why… sounds legit.
Coaching, period, from the head coach to his appointed offensive coordinator. Royally screwed up the offense. We agree on that. Where we differ is I'm not going to absolve Mac of any blame and I'm not convinced O'Brien alone can make enough of a difference to turn it around.

His defense was ranked 28th in the NFL, Tom wouldn’t have saved him.
They don't blow multiple (if any) double digit leads with Brady at quarterback. Brady has never lost a regular season game with a 14 or more point halftime lead. 0 times in 333 starts. The Raiders were 0-4 when leading by double digits at halftime this season. (Not a perfect comparison but I couldn't find Brady's exact career numbers with a double digit lead at halftime.)

He’s better than average, that’s why the defense has been ranked 2nd and 3rd best in the NFL in scoring allowed since he’s been here. Results matter more than the opinion of someone who is constantly telling us our best players suck.
lol Mills doesn't suck. I said he's average. The defense has more impactful players than him.

He has won nothing of note in this league. He sucks as a QB. I concede that he would be a fine RB. Maybe even a dominant one.
lol you're funny at least.

He needs to show me what he can do against a real Patriots team with a real OC, and non-rookie QB, and a real defense.
So none of the recent matchups count at all? Putting them all in the trash because Mac was a rookie and Patricia is an incompetent.

Do I need to go back to your comments prior to the games last season? I recall quite a bit of bravado on your part claiming the Patriots had only lost in 2021 because of injuries and now they were primed to dominate the Bills. Are you backtracking those comments now? Found more excuses.

lol you're funny at least.

So none of the recent matchups count at all? Putting them all in the trash because Mac was a rookie and Patricia is an incompetent.

Do I need to go back to your comments prior to the games last season? I recall quite a bit of bravado on your part claiming the Patriots had only lost in 2021 because of injuries and now they were primed to dominate the Bills. Are you backtracking those comments now? Found more excuses.
Well, the bolded part is true, at least. I did say that, and it was 100% factual.

The rest is false. I knew this season was a throwaway as soon as Matt Patricia and Joe Judge were put in charge of the offense.

The rest is false. I knew this season was a throwaway as soon as Matt Patricia and Joe Judge were put in charge of the offense.

You before the Thursday night game this season...
It's that time of the year again. It's time for the Patriots to smack around their sons from Buffalo... We're going to slap these fools up and down the field on Thursday night. It's time to put them in a choke hold and tap them b*tches out.

You on the Patricia led offense...
MJ is getting healthy and heating up at the right time, which is horrendous news for the rest of the league. The sky is the limit for this team with the elite QB play

You before the Thursday night game this season...

You on the Patricia led offense...
That you would resort to fabricating posts gives me the automatic W.

Coaching, period, from the head coach to his appointed offensive coordinator. Royally screwed up the offense. We agree on that. Where we differ is I'm not going to absolve Mac of any blame and I'm not convinced O'Brien alone can make enough of a difference to turn it around.
Mac is not alone, Zappe is there also. The Pats also have 11 draft picks if they want to increase competition in camp.
They don't blow multiple (if any) double digit leads with Brady at quarterback. Brady has never lost a regular season game with a 14 or more point halftime lead. 0 times in 333 starts. The Raiders were 0-4 when leading by double digits at halftime this season. (Not a perfect comparison but I couldn't find Brady's exact career numbers with a double digit lead at halftime.)
Brady can't make the 28th worst defense better... no matter what fantasies you believe. This isn't Rudy.
lol Mills doesn't suck. I said he's average. The defense has more impactful players than him.
Better than average, I agree the defense has more impactful players than him. That's how you have a defense that gives up the 3rd fewest points in the NFL despite having an offense that can't sustain a drive or score. They just don't have another big CB which is something they have to address this offseason.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back