PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots currently projected to finish last in AFC East in 2023 by Vegas

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
New England is +6000, or 60-to-1, to win the Super Bowl next season at BetMGM. That's tied for 22nd best odds. The Patriots are also picked to finish last in the AFC East by the oddsmakers. Here are the divisional odds at BetMGM:

Bills +100

Jets +250

Dolphins +450

Patriots +600

I guess the rebuild is not going so well. Bill needs to step it up. His work as GM is negatively impacting the on field product. His conservative risk free approach is hurting the team. It would definitely help if he would hire an experienced GM to work alongside him, but maybe his ego prevents that. I hope he makes some impactful trades and UFA moves...but recent history does not give cause for optimism.
Also better come away with a top-shelf LT or RT, CB and WR from in the next 2 months...or they could be a cellar dweller for a while.

Also better come away with a top-shelf LT or RT, CB and WR from in the next 2 months...or they could be a cellar dweller for a while.
Or they pick up an impact LT and CB in the draft (the team is incapable of scouting WR talent in the draft) and the new OC get's Mac on the right track. They actually use their high priced TE's like they're supposed to be used. Klemm gets the OL working the way it should and the Pats pick up another 3-4 games from last year and make the playoffs.

Buffalo is going to take a hit somewhere this off-season because their cap situation is a mess. But as long as Josh Allen is upright, they should win the division next season.

NYJ has some very promising young talent but I'm not putting favorable odds on a team who's best QB option currently is Chris Streveler.

Miami's offense should be playoff caliber (with Tua healthy which is a major question mark). Their defense isn't good enough though.

I'll have to see who NYJ lands as their starting QB before sorting out 2-4 in the division. Overall too it's still too early in the off-season.

I think the prevailing idea on the limitations of Mac's ceiling is keeping the general outlook on the team at mediocre. With most things being relatively the same heading into next season, I see another 8-9 team.

I mean yeah that's probably the conventional pre season take. Jets get Rodgers and it basically is if the Dolphins stay healthy at QB to see if that is true.

The Jets aren’t currently better than the Pats. And their “talent” that people keep talking are overrated.

With that being said, the Pats are the 3rd best team in the division as of right now.

New England is +6000, or 60-to-1, to win the Super Bowl next season at BetMGM. That's tied for 22nd best odds. The Patriots are also picked to finish last in the AFC East by the oddsmakers. Here are the divisional odds at BetMGM:

Bills +100

Jets +250

Dolphins +450

Patriots +600

I guess the rebuild is not going so well. Bill needs to step it up. His work as GM is negatively impacting the on field product. His conservative risk free approach is hurting the team. It would definitely help if he would hire an experienced GM to work alongside him, but maybe his ego prevents that. I hope he makes some impactful trades and UFA moves...but recent history does not give cause for optimism.

Always our little ray of sunshine.

Vegas isn't usually that far off the mark

I think it depends on how great you think Bill O'Brien is.

Yep

Allen, Brady and Rodgers.

The Bamabino ain't beating Allen and he ain't beating Rodgers

I expect the Pats to be competitive in the FA market and a whole lot of common sense in the draft, BB knows this team was woefully bad and what the team needs to climb out of this hole.

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Ask Crawhammer, he has all the answers.
The First will be Last and the last will be First. I am keeping it positive outer body experience. :)

In 2019 the 49ers were long odds to make the playoffs, in 2021 the Bengals were long odds to make the playoffs... who cares? It's an indicator of nothing. Vegas doesn't know the future.

If the Pats have another great offseason in free agency and the draft they can write their own ticket, they can be as good as they want to be.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Jets have Breece Hall coming back and sad to say, he looked like the real deal before the season ending surgery. Buffalo will remain dangerous but it looks like their defense is going to take a hit. Miami was a mixture between looking really good and ho hum at times last year.

New England was a bad team. A bad coached team with decisions that impacted the whole season, the qb, the oline. Definitely some bright spots with the defense and Rhamondre was a beast. Other than that, is anyone really surprised or offended by Vegas?

Anyway, just look back to 2001, things can change in a hurry and nothing is concrete without playing a down. Just with the coaching changes this team is already miles better imo. Should be fun.

About this time in 2001, the very influential Pro Football Weekly's editor wrote an article listing the teams LEAST likely to get to a superbowl over the next 5 years. #1 on that list were the New England Patriots.

Who CARES about predictions that occur before FA and the draft. Who cares about prediction AFTER them. Listen, the Pats are going to be predicted to finish last in a VERY good division. It only makes sense. So would I, if I was forced to do so. But to get all upset and start bashing Bill (again) because of it is ridiculous. This fan base above every other SHOULD know how ludicrous these prognostications are, and take them all with a HUGE grain of salt.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back