PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching Staff (Not OC/DC)- Upgrades?

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, we know that McDaniels and Zeigler have left. The Patriots lost Dante at the end of 2020. Cole Popovich was cut because of the Covid Rules. Ivan Fears has retired. Bo Hardegree has moved on to the Raiders as well leaving the Pats without a QB coach/ Quality Control Coach.

The Pats didn't have an "OFFICIAL" DC. They are without an OC. They are without a RB coach, QB Coach, and QC Coachg. And Bricillo/Yates didn't seem like they were up to the task even as the season went on.

On the Offensive side of the ball:
Mick Lombardi - WR (Now with Raiders)
Troy Brown - WR/KR
Vinnie Sunseri - RB
Bricillo/Yates - OL ( Bricillo now with Raiders- Not retained)
Caley - TE/FB

On Defense:
Covington - DL
S. Belichick - OLB
Mayo - ILB
B. Belichick - Safeties
Pellegrino - CBs

I'd like to see the Pats bring in an O-Line coach from the college ranks.. Maybe someone like Matt Luke (Georgia), Alex Atkins (FSU) , or Sam Gregg (Liberty) out of the college. Bringing back Dante as an advisor or going with someone like Dan Roushar or Aaron Kramer as a Sen. Offensive Advisor might be in the cards.

I think that Sunseri is the new RB coach. That Ivan wouldn't have left otherwise. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Faulk hired.

For the QB Coach, they need to bring in someone who is going to make a commitment long term. Someone who will, eventually, become the OC. Someone who can help Mac refine his techniques to help him blossom into into an even better QB than he is.

Last edited:
We have confirmation that Mick Lombardi has been hired as the OC for LV Raiders. Carmen Bricillo has been hired to be their O-Line Coach.

There is no way that Yates is getting a promotion to FULL-TIME O-line coach Just not enough experience.

It will be interesting to see what the Patriots do for QB Coach (as I don't believe that Judge is capable) and O-line as well as the DC.

Reactions: Ian
Come on Josh, he is sacking the milk out of the Pats. I don't want to see more Belichicks in the building. Could it be a factor behind these mass exodus?

Shocked that McD/Zeigler are taking all these guys...
Lotsa voids to fill now.

Come on Josh, he is sacking the milk out of the Pats. I don't want to see more Belichicks in the building. Could it be a factor behind these mass exodus?
Of course it is. Nobody wants to work in an org rife with nepotism. It's demotivating to see family ties trump talent.

Bring Popovich back for the line and apologize for being ****s about it.
Popovich just took another job for the Troy Trojans to be their OC. Though I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Damn I didn't know all the "You want McDaniels Gone? Careful what you wish for.." folks means he was going to take half the coaching staff.

Pretty soon the coaching section of the gameday mag is going to look like the Rock Ridge census.

I was surprised to see McDaniels take Hardegree, Bricillo, and Lombardi with him to LV- that's something you just don't do in coaching circles, you just don't poach coaches.

McDaniels is basically telling BB to go **** himself. BB has made it known multiple times that he dislikes his coaches being poached because he spends a long time grooming them. There must be no love lost between the two.

If Ivan Fears retires as expected, that is a loss of FIVE coaches on the offensive side.

This is essentially a complete do-over.

Josh is probably actually paying them market rate.

Reactions: Ian
It’s almost as if actually offering your coach a real title and likely the paycheck to go along with it matters. Bill brought this all on himself.

Josh will not be coming back after he gets fired this time.

Josh will not be coming back after he gets fired this time.

Why would Josh ever want to come back period? These are the death throes of a once proud dynasty. If he fails with the Raiders he can get an OC job with title at any number of places.

Good point made by Lazar - I'm assuming Belichick isn't thrilled about him taking all of those guys:

1644720846505.png

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back